ADVERTISEMENT

Big Win Over James Madison

A win on Fri. at ODU ties us with S. Miss. assuming they win also. But we have the tie breaker with USM. ULL is still lurking right behind and they own the tie breaker with us. I thought the JMU game was a big one but Fri. at ODU is even bigger. Just need one more W.

Kinsey played the best game of his career last night... 31 points and it looked easy. He wasn't forcing things, taking bad shots, etc., just let the chances come to him. Also was excellent late in the game on the defensive end with a steal and a block when it was a one-possession game.

Last nights results (thank you to ODU) make the scenarios very simple...

Marshall wins Friday -- We win the regular season and are assured of at least a spot in the NIT. And we get the 1 seed in the conference tournament.

Marshall loses Friday -- We likely finish as the 3 seed in the conference tournament and Southern Miss wins the regular season title (they won't lose Friday, they play god awful Texas State).

Kinsey played the best game of his career last night... 31 points and it looked easy. He wasn't forcing things, taking bad shots, etc., just let the chances come to him. Also was excellent late in the game on the defensive end with a steal and a block when it was a one-possession game.

Last nights results (thank you to ODU) make the scenarios very simple...

Marshall wins Friday -- We win the regular season and are assured of at least a spot in the NIT. And we get the 1 seed in the conference tournament.

Marshall loses Friday -- We likely finish as the 3 seed in the conference tournament and Southern Miss wins the regular season title (they won't lose Friday, they play god awful Texas State).
Beating ODU at their place will be another challenge. I just looked at the standings, and ODU is still in the running for the 4th seed in the tournament, so they'll definitely have something to play for as well.

I wouldn't count Texas State out. They played USM well at their place, and home court makes a huge advantage. If I can remember, Texas State also gave the Herd a decent game in Huntington.

Regardless, take care of the business you control, and the Herd can claim a regular season hoops title for the first time in a while. Not sure when the last time was, but one of you brain people probably do.

Would be better if they can win the conference tournament and go to the big dance. With their style, they could potentially pull off a nice 14-3 upset.

I agree Kinsey played well but that stretch in the second half where he missed 3 foul shots in a row then turned the ball over on a carry and looked out of sorts. The crowd was getting to him but he pulled it together and finished strong.

Beating ODU at their place will be another challenge. I just looked at the standings, and ODU is still in the running for the 4th seed in the tournament, so they'll definitely have something to play for as well.

I wouldn't count Texas State out. They played USM well at their place, and home court makes a huge advantage. If I can remember, Texas State also gave the Herd a decent game in Huntington.

Regardless, take care of the business you control, and the Herd can claim a regular season hoops title for the first time in a while. Not sure when the last time was, but one of you brain people probably do.

Would be better if they can win the conference tournament and go to the big dance. With their style, they could potentially pull off a nice 14-3 upset.

JMU is assured of the 4th seed. They beat ODU twice and they beat Troy. So they have it secured. ODU can do no better than 5

Reactions: RhinoD
JMU is assured of the 4th seed. They beat ODU twice and they beat Troy. So they have it secured. ODU can do no better than 5
Possible seeds depending on Fridays outcomes --

1 through 3 --- Some combination of Marshall, Southern Miss, Lafayette
4 --- James Madison
5 and 6 --- ODU, Troy
7 through 9 --- South Alabama, App State, Georgia Southern
10 --- Louisiana Monroe
11 and 12 --- Texas State, Coastal
13 and 14 --- Arkansas State, Georgia State

I'll comment as soon as we play someone. RhinoD has posted all the numbers you need to understand what this is. You just don't like what they say.
This is why you're considered one of the board's biggest hypocrites. We are actually winning games in our league. Contending for 1st place and you sit silent. This team isn't for you Sam. This school isn't for you Sam. We have no control over the "quality" in our league. We can only play who is in our league, compete, and win...which we are doing. (which was/is your argument in another sport, with other coaches)

Now, you sit silent. A definite win/win.

Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT