ADVERTISEMENT

Birdbrain

Ron DeSantis has run one of the worst campaigns in modern history. What happened to him?
Ehhh, he's never really wanted the job of being President IMO. There is money and influence just by having your name in the discussion as "Candidate". This goes for the Dems too. No one wants the job after Obumma 2.0 finishes this term. Saw a headline the other day but didn't read the story about the number of people in congress bailing on their reelection plans. They see what is coming and refuse to be around because most of their names will be on it.

Ehhh, he's never really wanted the job of being President IMO. There is money and influence just by having your name in the discussion as "Candidate". This goes for the Dems too. No one wants the job after Obumma 2.0 finishes this term. Saw a headline the other day but didn't read the story about the number of people in congress bailing on their reelection plans. They see what is coming and refuse to be around because most of their names will be on it.
what's coming?.

what's coming?.
Economic turmoil. Various market collapses associated with money supplies being reduced and interest rates being raised. Energy issues related to forced "green energy". Continued social upheaval related to woke policy decisions and the potential for additional wars/conflicts all around the world. The Fourth Turning isn't over yet.

what's coming?.

reality.

we turned the money printer on in covid and just paying off interest on the national debt is making the budget sheet a disaster. austerity in one form or another. the middle east is a disaster. the ukraine exit will be ugly.

It's not the end of the world but the next decade won't look anything like the fantasy land of a zero interest rate environment we just lived through.

Economic turmoil. Various market collapses associated with money supplies being reduced and interest rates being raised. Energy issues related to forced "green energy". Continued social upheaval related to woke policy decisions and the potential for additional wars/conflicts all around the world. The Fourth Turning isn't over yet.

ha...we responded seconds apart from one another with the same post.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Ron DeSantis has run one of the worst campaigns in modern history. What happened to him?
He has the misfortune of being both boring and an asshole.

The Presidential race always begins with retail politics in Iowa and New Hampshire. He is terrible at this stuff.

Plus, remember how he looked around the stage before raising his hand that he would vote for a convicted Trump? Absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen in a debate, instant wishy-washy image.

Honestly, if Florida was a normal state and not batshit crazy he'd not even be a governor. Compare him to, say, Jim Justice. Jim will walk up, shake your hand, slap your back, and tell you to pet his dog. DeSantis probably doesn't even have a dog.

DeSantis is Aspy AF.

Still think he’s a good governor and I’d take him over Trump in a heart beat. I think he did well with Covid (vaxs out quickly to elderly, goal of keeping schools open, etc). He’s just had an awful campaign.

I am telling our business owners and management this same thing. The signs are there. People don't want to believe it.

Thanks for your input.

What? This is really simple: he's not publicly calling her a birdbrain.

Damn near every one Trump appointed is now an idiot, traitor, etc. You'd think a stable genius could pick better people.
You new to Trump? He only does this to just about every single person who leaves a position. Even highly qualified individuals.

Biden just makes astronomically bad picks & they won’t leave. Kamala, KJP, Pete…

The Presidential race always begins with retail politics in Iowa and New Hampshire. He is terrible at this stuff.

Plus, remember how he looked around the stage before raising his hand that he would vote for a convicted Trump? Absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen in a debate, instant wishy-washy image.

Honestly, if Florida was a normal state and not batshit crazy he'd not even be a governor. Compare him to, say, Jim Justice. Jim will walk up, shake your hand, slap your back, and tell you to pet his dog. DeSantis probably doesn't even have a dog.
I think DeSantis's problem is he ran on the idea that Trump would drop out or not be in the race. I don't think he came up with anything else at all. He also overvalued his wroth nationally at the moment. He should have waited another 4 years and then stepped in.

You new to Trump?
No, and that is why I am making fun of him. I saw that today and actually lol'd.
I think DeSantis's problem is he ran on the idea that Trump would drop out or not be in the race. I don't think he came up with anything else at all. He also overvalued his wroth nationally at the moment. He should have waited another 4 years and then stepped in.
If he over-valued his national worth, it's because Fox did too.

Speaking of birdbrains, I still can't believe this...

And before anyone says he was trying to be ironic, if he was, he was directly undercutting the entire point he was trying to make.

"Let's not waste this opportunity. That's my point. And I'm excited about the potential when we work together. I encourage W.G.A. to push us, ask questions. We'll set up shop. We'll travel to you. Dr. Herring is right here. Lisa, the one I was talking about. We are going to set up follow-up calls with every governor we met with to make sure we are available. I think it was President Reagan said, "We are from the government, and we are here to help." There are resources there. There is technical assistance there, and a playbook that could support the work you are doing. Count on us as a partner in this. Our students are waiting. Thank you."

• Haha

This^^^

Raoul is correct. Also, I think his soft launch killed any possible momentum he could have had. The wishy-washy will he or won't followed by the "well, guess I'm doing this" announcement made his campaign DOA. Would have done much better if he'd just come out and said "I'm in and Trump is irrelevant."

DeSantis is Aspy AF.

Still think he’s a good governor and I’d take him over Trump in a heart beat. I think he did well with Covid (vaxs out quickly to elderly, goal of keeping schools open, etc). He’s just had an awful campaign.

What Desantis has that the rest of them don’t is a core belief system and an unwavering dedication to implementing that belief system. Nothing sidetracks him. That’s why he is a great governor and it’s why he would make a great president.

I think we’ve grown too accustomed to boisterous personalities in politics that when we just see a normal guy who says what he does and does what he says, it’s kinda boring. He’s still the best candidate on the ticket, on either side. Worst case, I hope he gets the VP nod.

This^^^

Raoul is correct. Also, I think his soft launch killed any possible momentum he could have had. The wishy-washy will he or won't followed by the "well, guess I'm doing this" announcement made his campaign DOA. Would have done much better if he'd just come out and said "I'm in and Trump is irrelevant."
They all do that. It goes from I'm not sure, to thinking about considering a run, to considering, to may, to you will know soon, to exploratory committee, to probably will run, to you will find out soon, to announcing their candidacy.

Gavin Newsome is a trash individual. If you don’t think so, read up on the guy. Can only mean one thing - he’s gonna get the nomination over Kamala (bang up job, California), who is also trash - but completely unelectable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT