ADVERTISEMENT

Birdsong

zz1038

Bronze Buffalo
Oct 3, 2008
He locks in on every throw, no reads, nothing just look at receiver and throw. Same situation as last week, we got lucky at home, tonight not so much. 10 penalties in first half is not helping.

The two positions I thought this team would have to figure out coming into the season were quarterback and defensive line... Tonight has been not been good for either thus far. Need some big halftime adjustments and a scoring drive to open the third quarter.

Reactions: zz1038
Looks like a statue holding the ball and standing still. I don't know if you put in gunner or burn Litton's rs this early in the season but something has to change on offense.

Reactions: HerdFan91
Looks like a statue holding the ball and standing still. I don't know if you put in gunner or burn Litton's rs this early in the season but something has to change on offense.

Your offense should consist of hand off to #47 left, hand off #47 right, hand off #47 up the middle. That's what I would do. He is a stud. Would love to have him in Morgantown. He should get 25-30 touches each game.

It's the QB not checking into the right plays. He is terrible, gunner is better at least he knows the damn offense. I will say this, I have supported this team through the ups and downs but I will draw the line if they stick with him. The loss tonightonigh is on him by far, you can't put a defense on the field that much and win anything.

Problem is we will play Norfolk next week and we will probably look good again.

It's both Birdsong and Legg. Our offense looked so vanilla in the Ohio game it was not funny. The swing pass had got to go! All those attempts and no gain. Wasted plays time and again. And what was with 3rd down and one yard and we pass?

Reactions: HerdFan91
Norfolk is the perfect opportunity to give Holcombe a start. I don't want to be part of the burn the redshirt crowd, but Litton HAS to be the best QB on the roster. Even if he would go through the freshman hiccups and road bumps, it's nothing worse than what Birdsong brings to the table.

Reactions: beefcake0520
There are many reasons why you can not burn Litton's red shirt...

1. We already have a loss to Ohio, meaning that even if by some miracle this team goes 11-1 it probably wont make it to a New Years bowl game (and going 11-1 with any of our quarterbacks is not going to happen).
2. Litton needs this year to learn the playbook and get stronger. The last thing anyone wants is to run him out there and get him injured.
3. We have a junior on the bench that has been in the system three years. He should get a shot before doing anything drastic.

He locks in on every throw, no reads, nothing just look at receiver and throw. Same situation as last week, we got lucky at home, tonight not so much. 10 penalties in first half is not helping.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/4/5/2091875/spread-offense-whats-really-the-difference

Good read on QB responsibilities in the Spread vs. a Pro Style Offense. In summary, most spreads are a one read offense. On many plays, the Offensive Coordinator may direct where the pass is to go once he sees the defensive alignment. I know many are calling for a change at QB. Not sure if that will impact how the QB executes the offense. The more you know!

There are many reasons why you can not burn Litton's red shirt...

1. We already have a loss to Ohio, meaning that even if by some miracle this team goes 11-1 it probably wont make it to a New Years bowl game (and going 11-1 with any of our quarterbacks is not going to happen).
2. Litton needs this year to learn the playbook and get stronger. The last thing anyone wants is to run him out there and get him injured.
3. We have a junior on the bench that has been in the system three years. He should get a shot before doing anything drastic.
Couldn't agree more, especially the last one. Gunner may not have the best arm strength of the qb's but he should be able to run the offense and know the plays.

geesh people, lets pump the brakes a little bit. How many other MU QB's had rough first road games? He played pretty well against Purdue, so lets not throw him to the wolves after a bad 4 qtrs in his first road game....geesh. The next four games are ones we should win going away, 4 games where he can gain confidence he might have lost in OU. We just lost statistically a top 3 QB we've ever had, it was unlikely he would jump right in and from game 1 be as good as Cato.

Pump the breaks, lets reassess after the FAU game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT