ADVERTISEMENT

Black Out t-shirts

Black NOT a team color
Black. NOT a color of any of our unis
Black NOT a color of any of my Herd t-shirts
Black. NOT a color I'm wearing to the game

I'm just a Kelly Green type of guy

Reactions: ohio herd
Wow can't believe we are complaining about colors. First great concept to change it up every now and then. Every team has done black out . Maryland ,WV, Louiseville . Our players voted for the jerseys and I like to think our defense will play like the grim reaper that they can be! Hopefully some blue Oyster playing in the background in the Joan. Good marketing plus black goes with everything.

alternate jerseys are always weather it's soccer, baseball , basketball or football. chill out and add some variety to your closets and buy a black shirt! I promise they will have another blackout game.

Black NOT a team color
Black. NOT a color of any of our unis
Black NOT a color of any of my Herd t-shirts
Black. NOT a color I'm wearing to the game

I'm just a Kelly Green type of guy
Black is a team color. It's in both set of unis

I'm not going to spend money on a BLACK MU shirt to wear one time, ice got plenty of black. IMHO this is not a fan friendly effort. We buy hundreds of dollars of green and white great after year, that ought to do.

This isn't a fan friendly effort? This post doesn't even make sense.

No one is criticizing people for not buying a black out t-shirt. Wear any black shirt you want for all I care. Marshall is trying to make money off the event by selling t-shirts. I have no clue how that is not fan friendly.

This has a much better shot at succeeding than a green out due to the fact that, well, black is black. There aren't 100 shades of black. This could look pretty cool if they market it enough.

FIU is Nov. 14th....could be chilly that day, may I wear a jacket over my tee shirt? (sarcasm)

Color Tee shirt days should be early in the season, IMO.

Wow can't believe we are complaining about colors. First great concept to change it up every now and then. Every team has done black out . Maryland ,WV, Louiseville . Our players voted for the jerseys and I like to think our defense will play like the grim reaper that they can be! Hopefully some blue Oyster playing in the background in the Joan. Good marketing plus black goes with everything.

alternate jerseys are always weather it's soccer, baseball , basketball or football. chill out and add some variety to your closets and buy a black shirt! I promise they will have another blackout game.

For 2 of the 3 schools you named, black is one of their official school colors, so it doesn't really help your point.

I bought a Black Marshall sweatshirt from the Campus Bookstore for only 15 bucks. Plan on wearing it then.

Hoping for this to be promoted FULLY

FIU is Nov. 14th....could be chilly that day, may I wear a jacket over my tee shirt? (sarcasm)

Color Tee shirt days should be early in the season, IMO.

WVU has done Gold Rush in November before and it looked awesome... it's not hard to put a tshirt over a sweatshirt...

Official colors of Marshall University : Kelly Green & White
If they ever have a Gay Pride game, I'll NOT buy a t-shirt with a rainbow on it !!!
I will, however, wear my Green and White and Cheer until I lose my voice - as always.

Here's a rhetorical question: if Marshall had done a black alternate jersey color-out promotion on 11/14/71, how would it have been received?

WVU has never had a blackout. (and please don't infer I'm dogging Marshall's, I'm not).

jack-white-grumpy-cubs-meme-9.jpg

31herd55???

Reactions: 31Herd55
Just promote the game...from what I see and hear, a Black Out ain't happening. Kelly Green for me.

Here's a rhetorical question: if Marshall had done a black alternate jersey color-out promotion on 11/14/71, how would it have been received?

The whole idea would have been laughed at, this black out thing sounds like a communist plot to me.

Lol might as well scrap the promotion since half you "fans" suck ass. Everyone who watches it on tv is going to think we did a green and black polka dot promotion.

Reactions: MUBETANU and pj(HN)
Hey Cat98,
Hilarious, plus a Cubs fan no less. And Fev might say it's a little racist...all those people wearing
Black, but not willing to live in and contribute to intercity folks. I wear a REAL team color to games my team plays in. I have bitched for years because our fans won't wear Kelly Green to our games. But, by all means, wear any off-team color you so desire...purple, orange, and sky blue are good choices this year.

wow, team on a roll and fans still find something to bitch about

OU went from a green out to a black out in 1 day. They actually somewhat pulled it off.

its college football and administrations do things to create excitement. People complain when school does no promoting and now they are trying new things and fans complaining. No win! Buy the shirt and enjoy the success.

Hell, probably same people that won't wear black are the same ones that wore white to the damn green acres promotion.

Wv Celt, the team is wearing all black, that's why they want the fans to wear black.
I haven't heard or read anything about black unis, yet, so that's all I had to go on.

Well, I have a very dark gray Herd shirt. Guess that'll have to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT