ADVERTISEMENT

Cato

Herdmeister, what do you mean he had his shot? As far as I checked this morning, they haven't dismissed him from mini-camp or anything?

(This is kinda ironic because of my username lol)

Herdmeister, what do you mean he had his shot? As far as I checked this morning, they haven't dismissed him from mini-camp or anything?

(This is kinda ironic because of my username lol)
The Browns signed 8 people from the camp. He is not one of them. It was announced on Monday.

From the Daily Mail....
Monday, May 11, 2015 Cato not given contract by Browns By FROM STAFF REPORTS CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Browns do not sign Cato out of mini-campFormer Marshall quarterback Rakeem Cato’s mini-camp tryout with the Cleveland Browns did not end with an NFL contract. According to the team’s Website, the Browns signed eight players from that mini-camp, but Cato, who was invited last week, was not one of them. Cleveland signed receivers Paul Browning and Darius Jennings, tight ends Emmanuel Bibbs and Kevin Haplea, defensive backs Landon Feichter and Brandon Stephens, running back Luke Lundy and linebacker Rodman Noel - See more at: http://www.charlestondailymail.com/article/20150511/DM03/150519816/1311#sthash.WuV0u1zk.dpuf

I feel badly for Cato, as do we all. He did great things for the Herd for 4 years and made a mark nationally as well. It is distressing that he did not get more of an opportunity in the NFL. I think there is something even more distressing. As I understand it, he did not finish a degree. If that is true and assuming he does not find a comfortable spot in Canadian ball, I hope that Marshall will reach out to him and get him started on the path to coaching. He must have a marvelous knowledge of the game to have done so well with, according to the pros, so little physical equipment and talent. In my opinion, if he has that much football sense, he has enough upstairs to complete a degree and do a masters also. With little polish, he would make an outstanding coach. I think it may be time for him to do the lemonade trick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT