ADVERTISEMENT

CIT

I don't think you are being realistic in your views.....possibly if the 3-point shot had been in place at the time of Byrd or Lee, etc. their record would be very hard to break....at least IMO.

Another factor no on is considering, too, in those day, teams played a LOT LESS games!! Barely 20 during the regular season. Not very many non conference games, in season tourneys, and NCAA and NIT fields were much smaller. No "lesser" post season tourney play, either. Players today can play more games in 3 seasons than players back then could get in four. Then, too, freshmen were NOT eligible to play varsity ball, so 3 seasons with fewer games was it!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
LOL...and I get an email on Tuesday morning from MU stating game prices, time, etc.....could this not have been done on Monday (or maybe even Sunday night after the known matchup)? Why "does it seem" we are always "a day late & a dollar short"?
I got my notice on Friday evening or Saturday morning. Ordered my tix on Saturday and they were emailed to me on Sunday to print at home. I was getting later emails also. You may have missed any earlier one.

I got my notice on Friday evening or Saturday morning. Ordered my tix on Saturday and they were emailed to me on Sunday to print at home. I was getting later emails also. You may have missed any earlier one.

Always the Herd is the board’s technologically-challenged old guy, so it would not surprise me at all if he missed an earlier email.

Last nights foe was not turnip greens.....#22 was a gifted player.

HerdZilla22 In Charlotte
He may have been but look at their schedule and record. They did beat a power program at the beginning, but lost a lot to lesser programs. I'm not that willing to pump them up as a program just because we got a good fight from them. Hofstra was a much better team, similar outcome...

I would copy the email I rec'd....but I deleted it.

Well, ETSU is now on the sidelines. They lost last night 102-94 to Green Bay in Johnson City, TN

More first round games through Sunday, and then there is this second round we are not in, but with ETSU out it looks like this, IMHO. Two other CUSA teams are yet to play, the two directional Floridas. The other remaining eastern teams are, in rough order of distance from here, Kent State, Robert Morris, Presbyterian, Hampton. and New Jersey Tech. Assuming they do not want repeat CUSA games, I believe we will play the closest remaining of one of those teams.

More first round games through Sunday, and then there is this second round we are not in, but with ETSU out it looks like this, IMHO. Two other CUSA teams are yet to play, the two directional Floridas. The other remaining eastern teams are, in rough order of distance from here, Kent State, Robert Morris, Presbyterian, Hampton. and New Jersey Tech. Assuming they do not want repeat CUSA games, I believe we will play the closest remaining of one of those teams.
We have been told that it will most likely be the Robert Morris/NJIT winner

Well, ETSU is now on the sidelines. They lost last night 102-94 to Green Bay in Johnson City, TN
Saw that, Big South won both outtings, PC won and Longwood beat USM in the CBI, Brown beat UAB in the CBI, doesn't say much for our conference. The Big South is an underestimated conference, Radford pulled a WKU and opted not to play in any of the tourneys if it wasn't NIT or NCAA. ETSU losing to GB is a head scratcher but it happens. Now if Drake, Kent, Texas St., and a few others drop, we would be in the driver's seat imo. Charleston Southern will beat FAU, I have seen both play and CSU is more athletic and aggressive, it would surprise me if they don't win.

I will add that Hampton has the #6 (i may be wrong in the order but not far off, just going off memory) scorer in the nation, anyone that faces them will get a good fight. Their record doesn't indicate it, but they matured towards the end of the season and was as good as Radford, Campbell, etc.

While everyone was watching the NCAAs yesterday, Hampton beat St. Francis, Charleston Southern took out FAU, Louisiana Monroe eliminated Kent State, and CS Bakersfiled beat CS Fullerton.

There are two more first round games, but they released a partial second round schedule, Presbyterian is at Robert Morris on Sunday @ 1, winner plays Marshall on Tuesday at 7; somebody will play at New Jersey Tech on Monday at 7 and Texas Southern is at Texas-RGV at 8.

Saw that, Big South won both outtings, PC won and Longwood beat USM in the CBI, Brown beat UAB in the CBI, doesn't say much for our conference. The Big South is an underestimated conference, Radford pulled a WKU and opted not to play in any of the tourneys if it wasn't NIT or NCAA. ETSU losing to GB is a head scratcher but it happens. Now if Drake, Kent, Texas St., and a few others drop, we would be in the driver's seat imo. Charleston Southern will beat FAU, I have seen both play and CSU is more athletic and aggressive, it would surprise me if they don't win.
Drake loses at Southern Utah 80-73 tonight....

I personally think it could come down to Marshall, ULM, and Texas St. ULM had over 5,700 in Monroe and took out a good Kent St. team who had wins over Buffalo, Vandy, and Oregon St. pretty easily. Texas St. has been really good this year too. We got a bye and are hosting the next game too. We have a good shot to host the rest of the way with our crowds I was told. Had the most of anybody in the tourney and will have more than that next time. I’m a ULM fan FYI.

I personally think it could come down to Marshall, ULM, and Texas St. ULM had over 5,700 in Monroe and took out a good Kent St. team who had wins over Buffalo, Vandy, and Oregon St. pretty easily. Texas St. has been really good this year too. We got a bye and are hosting the next game too. We have a good shot to host the rest of the way with our crowds I was told. Had the most of anybody in the tourney and will have more than that next time. I’m a ULM fan FYI.
Thanks Arrowhead97. We should have a better crowd Tuesday night. Have avg around 6300 for home games.

FIU stuns Tx St 85-81. Beard w/29 Andrews 27 pts to lead the Panthers to the next round...#CUSA

Also of note: Congrats to Softball team. Swept UTSA @ The Dot. 2 complete game performances to win 5-0 & 7-0. They are 21-8 (4-1Conf)...Final game of the series on Sunday.
Baseball team wins series at Charlotte.
WBB @ Appy St Monday @ 6:30
MBB hosts Tuesday @ 7.
All in all, things are good for the Herd right now!

Last edited:
Crowds have nothing to do with us hosting. As the top seed, every game Marshall will play will be at home

I could be wrong, but I don’t think seeding is solely the determination if you get a game. I think it is if you put up the money to buy the game of course and would imagine seeding and attendance would be factored in. Don’t think guaranteed for top seeds though. Would be fine with me though, as y’all are potentially the only team that would host over us. Not sure which ranking the use though because some y’all are higher than us and some we are higher than you.

MU's student turnout for BB games isn't in the "thousands", by any stretch. Get a good turnout of season ticket holders, a few more sales among the general public, and we should have a better than last game turnout Tuesday night. Then, win and the next game will probably not be until the week-end, or early next week, when students will probably be back.

MU's student turnout for BB games isn't in the "thousands", by any stretch. Get a good turnout of season ticket holders, a few more sales among the general public, and we should have a better than last game turnout Tuesday night. Then, win and the next game will probably not be until the week-end, or early next week, when students will probably be back.
If we win we will play next Tuesday in the semis and then 2 days later in the final.
Keep in mind students had to pay $10 to get in

I will be surprised if we have 3000 fans in attendance. Lots of interest last week with Elmore and the scoring record. Just do not see it happening this week. Hope I am wrong

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
W-S only one problem with our next game Tuesday - SPRING BREAK.

The fact that students are on Spring Break
has NO BEARING on our attendance. The students (of today) don't support HERD Hoops! No matter how much Dan asks them to come...they jump thumb their noses at him!

HerdZilla 22 in Charlotte

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT