ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Gammage

Looks like he may have cooked his own goose for money via the NIL; and now has to start all over. I think some of these kids are using NCAA football to make a living now; no judging on my part, just an observation.

I say good bye to the young man. There are other WRS out there to get enough with the games from these young men.

He was all potential/hype, glad he is moving on.
Didn't do much with the gifts the good lord gave him... Just on measurables, he should have been a dominant #1WR in CUSA and the SBC... Hope he gets another opportunity somewhere.

Reactions: MU PIKE
Corry has to go back into the portal, even if he wishes to return to the Herd. I was told a few weeks ago, he was weighing his options and had not closed the door on that happening.

Reactions: Elkview
My hunch is that he has entered the portal as an non-enrolled athlete, striving to return to college and NCAA football; would be the same condition Laborn was in last year. Corey was not "anywhere in class" when the spring semester started, as I understand it.

Last edited:
Gamamge although quietly put together one of the most productive careers at Marshall. Had he stayed he could have been in the top 10 and I think flirt with the top 5 in several categories.

You can hate on him all you want, but he's played with inconsistent to horrible QBs and OC's that have hard ons for possession route football.

Currently we do not have a single WR that can fill his size and talent. Montgomery has shown flashes, but he's not that big.

Gamamge although quietly put together one of the most productive careers at Marshall. Had he stayed he could have been in the top 10 and I think flirt with the top 5 in several categories.

You can hate on him all you want, but he's played with inconsistent to horrible QBs and OC's that have hard ons for possession route football.

Currently we do not have a single WR that can fill his size and talent. Montgomery has shown flashes, but he's not that big.

He was 81st or far worse in the nation in every major statistical category this year.

If we can’t find anyone to replace that production, we’re in major trouble.

Reactions: marshallsig
He was 81st or far worse in the nation in every major statistical category this year.

We picked up multiple receivers from the portal. Demarcus Harris from UK should replace the workload.

People on here saying he isn't good...

He'll find a program and shine...

Then everyone on here will complain that MU can't develop top tier talent...
I'm certainly not saying he wasn't good. He had games where he was very good... But he never developed into the dominant number one receiver he should have on a consistent basis.

There always seemed to be a combination of things that he never figured out, or worked against him... Injuries, questionable motor, last year's subpar QB play, play calling, etc. Sometimes a fresh start is in everyone's best interest, nothing wrong with that.

I guess there's a chance Moss could have put up decent numbers. I mean, he could block the pass rush, he could play quarterback, he could throw a long bomb, run down the field and catch his own pass. The possibilities are endless.
Randy Moss was a once in a lifetime talent, the likes of which we will never see again at MU... He's a top 5 all-time WR... Would he have put up the video game numbers on last year's team that he put up with Chad and that crew? - Probably not... Would he have still put up absurd numbers and dominated games? - Absolutely.

I guess there's a chance Moss could have put up decent numbers. I mean, he could block the pass rush, he could play quarterback, he could throw a long bomb, run down the field and catch his own pass. The possibilities are endless.

There were receivers on worse offenses than ours putting up far better numbers.

Would he have still put up absurd numbers and dominated games? - Absolutely.
I think the point my esteemed colleague is trying to make is that Randy would need a QB who can throw the ball in his general direction before he can do anything with it.

If Cam is our starting QB this year, even Moss wouldn't be enough to save us. We are going to see highs and lows with his passing and decision making, but what we won't likely see is consistency.

Reactions: Jartard
I think the point my esteemed colleague is trying to make is that Randy would need a QB who can throw the ball in his general direction before he can do anything with it.

If Cam is our starting QB this year, even Moss wouldn't be enough to save us. We are going to see highs and lows with his passing and decision making, but what we won't likely see is consistency.
If Randy were on this team, all Fancher would have to do is hand it (no passes) to him and get out of the way. Randy would create on his own.

Look at his career numbers and then look at who he's had throwing him the football. Had he remained here and even just stayed on his current averages he would have had surprisingly good numbers. Not only have we had very poor QB play over the last four seasons we've also had OC's that are infatuated with possession football.

This is a post I made back in November.

He has been quietly climbing the all-time charts. Gammage's career totals currently stand at 170 receptions for 2,127 yards and 12 TDs. That places Gammage at 11th all-time in receptions and 13th all-time in receiving yards. His 12 TDs aren't enough for the top 20, but he could enter the top 20 with 4 more TD grabs.

On this season he has 44 receptions for 653 yards and 5 TDs. That averages out to 4.4 receptions, 65.3 yards, and .50 TDs per game. If we only play two more games Gammage would finish with 53 receptions, 784 yards and 6 TDs. That would elevate him to 9th all-time in receptions and 12th all-time in yards in Herd History.

If we do in fact play in a bowl game and he maintains his season average then he will finish with 57 receptions, 849 yards, and 6-7 TDs which will leave his career marks at 183 receptions for 2,323 yards, and 13-14 TD catches. That would put him at 9th all-time in receptions and 11th all-time in yards.

He's quietly had himself a pretty good career here at Marshall. Oh and the kicker is that if he wants it he still has his COVID year left to play so he could finish even higher.

Gammage's career numbers are 170 receptions for 2,127 yards and 12 TDs. Gammage has appeared in 42 games which would bring his career averages to 4.05 rpg, 50.64 ypg, and .29 TDs per game. Taking those averages just over an additional 12 games next year he could add 49 more receptions, 608 more yards, and 3 more TDs.

That would boost his career totals to 232 receptions, 2,931 yards, and 16 TDs which would be good for 5th all-time in receptions, 6th all-time in yards, and t-19th all-time in TDs.

Considering he played with garbage QBs those are pretty impressive numbers.

I never went there, hot dogs were nasty and they didn't sell alcohol.
Word, I can't say that I ever bought anything at the games. Now, when it's cold enough, I smuggled in plenty of beer. As for food, we would go across the street to Giovanni's, slam as many beers as we could during halftime and stumble back to the bleachers.

Used to have the perfect ski coat that had tons of pockets on the inside. I could stuff about 12 cans of beer in them total and walk right in through the gates. During the game, I'd remove one of my gloves to act as a beer koozie and hide what I had.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Word, I can't say that I ever bought anything at the games. Now, when it's cold enough, I smuggled in plenty of beer. As for food, we would go across the street to Giovanni's, slam as many beers as we could during halftime and stumble back to the bleachers.

Used to have the perfect ski coat that had tons of pockets on the inside. I could stuff about 12 cans of beer in them total and walk right in through the gates. During the game, I'd remove one of my gloves to act as a beer koozie and hide what I had.
Always had tailgate food to eat before and during halftime. I'm a little older than you, so I was more sophisticated lol.

I had one of those ski coats as well. I could stock a bar with the pockets, and usually did for games and going to Snowshoe. One year I dug it out as winter approached, put it on, and discovered an unopened half pint of whiskey, about a quarter ounce of bud, and a hundred bucks in 20s 🤣

Always had tailgate food to eat before and during halftime. I'm a little older than you, so I was more sophisticated lol.

I had one of those ski coats as well. I could stock a bar with the pockets, and usually did for games and going to Snowshoe. One year I dug it out as winter approached, put it on, and discovered an unopened half pint of whiskey, about a quarter ounce of bud, and a hundred bucks in 20s 🤣
Amateurs. You get you one of these. Camelbaks are clutch for all occasions.

th

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
White Claws weren't around in the late 90s/early 2000s.

But if they were, you finally would've had a good substitute for your Zima that you always attempted to order.
I just want to go on record of letting anybody that happens to read this forum, know that mlblack, with a period, is not in my league when it comes to drinking a beer. The lad could certainly follow my lead and learn a thing or two when it comes to the art of drinking a high octane brew.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT