ADVERTISEMENT

Garvin, Bitter, Leaves the Herd

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Anyone know what this is about? Garvin is transferring and made this statement:

"“It’s a great indignity when you come to a school to be mentored by your coaches, but are rather humiliated and ran off by those same people."

Anyone know what this is about? Garvin is transferring and made this statement:

"“It’s a great indignity when you come to a school to be mentored by your coaches, but are rather humiliated and ran off by those same people."

no inside info, but i'm guessing he felt he didn't get a fair shot to win the starting position and is bitter about it. not sure how much you saw it with your kids at NT or BCU, but so many kids these days expect to get PT or start, just because, the mentality they're coming up with through youth sports and into college is different than it was 25 years ago, not just in sports.

well when you cant handle shotgun snaps maybe its best you move on. He would have never played over the other 3 options at QB unless all 3 got hurt. He couldn't even beat a kid who has only been on campus for 5 months

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up playing...if he starts, and how good he is.

If he's good (which I hope he is) it'll show just how competitive the QB position really is here.

His actions during the Greenbrier scrimmage sealed his fate in my eyes. I would have ran him off then

He sulked, stayed by himself the whole scrimmage. Did the same thing at the scrimmage at the Joan the following Saturday.

Sounds like good riddance then. Don't wish him ill will, but I'm sure future possible coaches won't be real impressed with the attitude he displayed on twitter.

He didn't just sulk. He physically distanced himself from the team; standing with arms crossed 10-15 feet away from everyone else.

Reactions: IslandHerd1
College sports are brutal, especially when the competition is there. Kid will be successful where ever he lands. He was in a tough spot. 2 QB's come in after him that just happen to be better than him or he the backup. Wish him nothing but best.....

College sports are brutal, especially when the competition is there. Kid will be successful where ever he lands. He was in a tough spot. 2 QB's come in after him that just happen to be better than him or he the backup. Wish him nothing but best.....

Not unless his attitude changes.

I've met him before around campus, great guy; however, there was no realistic shot of him ever being the starting quarterback at Marshall, and he probably should have realized that sooner. I don't think he was ever "run off" though, I just think that Birdsong and Litton are better.

my guess is probably a JUCO or transferring down to D1AA so he doesn't sit out a year

someone had a picture of his actions at the Greenbrier. Can they post it so we can put this thread to rest

I'll chime in here. I expect he may start at Ga State. That is how competitive our QB position became in the last 2 years. As an atlantan I can tell you MANY UGA fans felt we got a real gamer in him, his arm strength is amazing for his size. He can flat out sling it. Yes I too saw the mis handled shotgun snaps in the rain at the spring game, however the center was used to snapping to a 6 ft 5 or 6ft 6in QB and so the snaps were quite high and fast in a sloppy rain storm.

Social media has changed the world, his actions are simply heard becuase young guys get pissed and then speak their minds. I wish Cole all the best, he's a gamer and my bet is we hear about his accomplishments in a year or so.

As for Marshall, I chuckle we have 3 good QBs and protentially 2 NFL QBs in our current line up. All the while the screaming crotch catcher chosen by the God like Ollie Luck may still NOT have one that's as good at Gunner. LOL!!!

Active Roster and practice squad transactions show up differently, that transaction list shows nothing about practice squad at all whatsoever, he had a 2 year signed deal so got paid for 2 years--I'll find a another article with him practicing that season since you added nothing but a Spanish Inquisition as do most posters here

November 07 he was brought back, not sure the deal or compensation, but does it ****ing matter as the point was he never played a down at MU but for 3 years he floundered around the NFL camps and preseason rosters, playing in at least 5 preseason contests.

The only reason why he did was because Jim Zorn was a personal family friend of Derek Devine

Active Roster and practice squad transactions show up differently, that transaction list shows nothing about practice squad at all whatsoever, he had a 2 year signed deal so got paid for 2 years--I'll find a another article with him practicing that season since you added nothing but a Spanish Inquisition as do most posters here

No he didn't, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed. You get paid if you're on the active roster for the 17 weeks of the season. Here's a post about how the Seahawks cut him and he ended up on a CFL practice squad, http://sea.scout.com/forums/1939-sports/1106126-derek-devine-is-now-a-stampeder

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT