ADVERTISEMENT

Good Luck To The Softball Team Today

0-0 top of the 5th! The fans are getting their money’s worth! C’mon gals - beat the elephants!!
It's not looking too good currently. Down 2-0 after the home run in the top of the 6th.

Ironically, when I looked it up, I noticed a young lady named Lauren Esman is pitching for Alabama. She went to the high school where I currently reside, Gull Lake High. That kind of now makes me a little bit famous, if I follow the logic of some.

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan and 19MU88
Lady Herd loses 3-1. A review ruled safe on an infield hit plated the run in the bottom of the 7th (?). Montana Fouts, local product, notches the save for the Tide……great effort, sounded like.

Expanding the seating for a softball field is likely pretty costly, particularly for when you only have that type of crowd once every forever. The spending focus must be geared towards better urinals and much better hot dog offerings.
Same thing I was thinking. Marshall draws a sell out crowd once a decade and everyone goes delusional and wants to add more seats. Just remember that the tarp people are waiting in the wings to cover them over.

Reactions: Elkview
Same thing I was thinking. Marshall draws a sell out crowd once a decade and everyone goes delusional and wants to add more seats. Just remember that the tarp people are waiting in the wings to cover them over.
No, just add more bleacher seats, doesn't have to be brick and mortar. There are a bunch who sit in the outfield during games that may want a better seat. Add lights and that would be all they need for the immediate future. At least softball has an upside.

One thing to keep in mind is that according to HerdZone.com softball is a non ticketed event,

The following sports are not ticketed and are free of charge:

• Cross Country
  • Golf
  • Softball
  • Swimming and Diving
  • Tennis
  • Volleyball

No, just add more bleacher seats, doesn't have to be brick and mortar. There are a bunch who sit in the outfield during games that may want a better seat. Add lights and that would be all they need for the immediate future. At least softball has an upside.
I would rather have an upscale small park that is filled than a larger park with a handful of fans. I always thought the add on metal bleachers looked trashy.

I would rather have an upscale small park that is filled than a larger park with a handful of fans. I always thought the add on metal bleachers looked trashy.
It's not ideal for sure. But not sure how much money in the BOG plan has been allocated to the softball complex for expansion. I know they have lights coming l

Marshall's softball team will host a game against No. 22 Virginia Tech at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 25, at Dot Hicks Field.
The following is a list of logistical items in accordance with the contest:
Seating
- Capacity for inside the gated area at Dot Hicks Field is 400. Player families for both Marshall and Virginia Tech will have names on a pass list at the Player Entrance, which will be located at the gate on the third-base side of the facility.
- A limited number of general admission fans will be permitted access into the gated area. Fans seeking this access will line up inside the cattle-gated area off the first-base side. Once capacity is reached, fans will only be allowed inside the gated area on an in-and-out basis that does NOT exceed capacity (Example: two-in, two-out or four-in, four-out). It is advised for fans to prepare to sit in the outfield.
- Seating is as follows: 1st base side bleachers are reserved for Virginia Tech. The 3rd base bleachers are for Marshall general admission. Chairback seating behind home plate is reserved for Big Green members and Marshall player families only.
- Due to an expected large crowd, pets will NOT be permitted in the grandstands.
- Fans are permitted to bring their own chairs for outfield seating ONLY.
- Fans are NOT permitted within 10 feet of the railroad tracks behind the left-field wall of Dot Hicks Field.

Parking
- Tailgating spots are being sold through the Big Green office. For more information, contact Big Green at (304) 696-4661.
- Free parking is available in the HMDA lot (old ACF parking lot) directly across Third Avenue from Dot Hicks Field. There will be NO tailgating permitted in the free lot.

Additional
- Concessions will be located inside the gate at the first-base side location and also in the outfield beyond the center-field fence.
- Bathrooms will be located inside the gate on the third-base side (in behind the press box) and down the first base line outside of the gate.

Actually, if memory serves me correct, we have JJ, Chris Cline, Jeff Hoops, and Mike Dantoni to thank for contributing a VAST majority of the funds to the Vision Campaign. The funds built the IPF, Softball and soccer complex I believe.

Dot Hicks Field was built in 2008.

Vision Campain was started in 2012

MH became AD in 2009

The softball field was built by Kopp using money that Satan's Vile Servant, KO Marcum, diverted from football fund raising. It was a part of the lies he told the donors and to BP that led to BP having to leave the university.

Softball field had to be built since they took the old stadium and built dorms/tennis courts

Actually, if memory serves me correct, we have JJ, Chris Cline, Jeff Hoops, and Mike Dantoni to thank for contributing a VAST majority of the funds to the Vision Campaign. The funds built the IPF, Softball and soccer complex I believe.
I was referring to who scheduled Alabama and VT for Softball.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
The truth is, Alabama reached out about playing here. Not sure who extended the olive branch on Virginia Tech but this is a natural game for both.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
SBC Tournament:

May 10

1 - CCU-USM 1:00
2 - ULM-Georgia St. 4:30

May 11

3 - USA-JMU 10:00
4 - 1 winner-MU 1:00
5 - Troy- Texas St. 4:00
6 - 2 winner - ULL 7:00

May 12

7 - 3 - 4 4:00
8 - 5 - 6 7:00

May 13

Championship 7 - 8 1:00

All game at Louisiana's field. All games on ESPN+. All games are listed in local (central) time, add one hour for here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT