ADVERTISEMENT

Green

He’s in Cleveland and in two years he’ll be out the league like the past 15 QB’s that played there are. Why wish that on a kid?
Even Baker Mayfield was rated as a 3-star QB across multiple recruiting services coming out of HS at TX powerhouse Lake Travis. He also had 3 FBS offers from schools like FAU, Rice, and New Mexico. Based on what those programs were like in 2013, I would have accepted the preferred walk-on spot at Texas Tech. Of course, Mayfield didn't know that he would be competing against Patrick Mahomes either. Then he transfers to Oklahoma and the rest is history.

well....the point was just proven by someone on this board that supports what the guy was saying......he is a D1 QB....im not sure why your all upset....I find it good conversation
Does he have audio of the conversation?

It takes time to correct issues that he has likely been doing his entire playing career. Cramsey was a starting QB at New Hampshire and has been a QB Coach on top of being an OC for most of his coaching career.
Problem is PD, IG has likely done this since he's been here. Not like the issue cropped up two weeks ago. Chase threw off his back foot frequently resulting in high throws. Just can't understand why it was never corrected.

That's what I am seeing. Looks like he's trying to aim instead of just throw. I will say that he has his "aim" down on that deal sideline throw to the left though.

And YAGS, feel free to clean up what I'm saying.
We have a very experienced QB coach that also played the position at a top FCS school.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Problem is PD, IG has likely done this since he's been here. Not like the issue cropped up two weeks ago. Chase threw off his back foot frequently resulting in high throws. Just can't understand why it was never corrected.
As Green gets more experience things should slow down on him which should help him keeps his head and use better mechanics and footwork in his play. Let's see where Green is at this time next season before we start worrying about coaching since Cramsey has only been working with him since the Spring.

Honestly, I didn't see Green throwing off his back foot in the Miami game, it wasn't until he started getting pressured and hit that he started this, I could be wrong though. It's something he is going to have to learn to deal with imo and part of being a young QB. Litton had the same problem but was older and even more gunshy after that Akron game. Cato had this problem as a freshman. Some work through it, some don't. Green has a good arm and has shown he can be on the money on the long ball, that's something we haven't had in a while. Cato didn't have a good long ball, but he was good at everything else and making things happen. I hope the kid isn't injured and can continue to play friday, the heart he had on the last drive is more important than some think for his development. I am not coach by any means but I like a lot of things I see with him. If the line will do their job and create running lanes, it would mean a great deal for green and the offense as a whole. I keep waiting for this to happen lol

Reactions: pdbailey
We looked at him and decided not to offer because he isn't good enough so there is no reason to bring up this bullshit again about Bagent. Green is raw but has immense potential and was a composite 3-star QB across multiple recruiting services coming out of HS while Bagent was 0-stars.
The point is Bagent is proving everyone wrong now. He is now, 6-3, 215 lbs and running a 4.7 forty. What college recruiters missed was the "human factor" which means he is a 4.0 students that really is out working everyone else. Add in his leadership skills and he is a D1 football player. Bottom line, he is a winner! He is proving right now he is better then everyone else in D2 as a true freshman.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuck1069
Does he have audio of the conversation?
Why are you pushing back so hard......I have also heard a P5 school has been reaching out to the family trying to find out if he plans to transfer out

Honestly, I didn't see Green throwing off his back foot in the Miami game, it wasn't until he started getting pressured and hit that he started this, I could be wrong though. It's something he is going to have to learn to deal with imo and part of being a young QB. Litton had the same problem but was older and even more gunshy after that Akron game. Cato had this problem as a freshman. Some work through it, some don't. Green has a good arm and has shown he can be on the money on the long ball, that's something we haven't had in a while. Cato didn't have a good long ball, but he was good at everything else and making things happen. I hope the kid isn't injured and can continue to play friday, the heart he had on the last drive is more important than some think for his development. I am not coach by any means but I like a lot of things I see with him. If the line will do their job and create running lanes, it would mean a great deal for green and the offense as a whole. I keep waiting for this to happen lol
I agree. Even with his flaws, IG is the best I've seen with the long ball at MU probably since pre-injury Hill. I guess he's having his freshman slump most rookies have. A lot of it has to do with early in the season most other teams don't have tape or tendencies yet on the rookie QBs. After 3-4 games, opposing teams have them figured out, causing issues.

Why bother watching the game? Why does the final score matter? Why learn anyone's name who plays?

WTF is wrong with you? Exactly what planet are you on? You're trolling, right?

I have a masters in athletic administration so I’d like to think I know something about athletics...

You bother watching the game because your team is playing. Not for the individuals but because you are a “fan” of the team. As a fan I could care less if someone doesn’t play, I’m still going to go to the game if I can and support the TEAM that I root for.

The final score matters because it determines whether or not you won the game. Good question there are a lot of misconceptions about the final score.

Typically it’s good to learn the names of the players you are watching because as a fan of said team it’s nice to root for individuals. But, even if one of your favorite players is hurt you should still support the team no matter what.

None of the questions you asked answered the original question which you are STILL avoiding: why as a fan, do you feel entitled to the injury report?

I think this is either Doc or Mike Hamrick. No way this guy is serious with this nonsense.

Haha yes... nonsense that’s based in the reality tha football coaches are paranoid micromanagers, and that this is in no way unique to Doc or our football program.

Well, looks like they screwed you on the logically thought process part of it also.

The whole "people will be loyal to a team regardless of who's playing" went the way of the dodo with the advent of 24 hour sports networks, the Internet and streaming video.

In case you haven't noticed with all your expertise gained from your masters, live sporting event attendance is down across the board and the trend is especially noteworthy in college football outside of a few choice programs. Even Nick Saban is complaining about empty seats. In order to maximize gate and keep fans going forward it will require an increasing level of engagement from athletic administrators, coaches and even the school's administration. More information delivered in real time to keep the ever decreasing attention span of the average consumer focused on your product. Loyalty in the marketplace is an evaporating commodity, and not recognizing that will be the downfall of poorly trained athletic administrators and the programs they lead.

Reactions: chuck1069
So where is the new boundary? Should fans be given access to the locker room? Or should they be given a playbook? What is the line. You’re right, we have to change the way we target our audience. But I don’t see an injury report bringing in additional people.

“Dude you want to go to the big game?”
“Nah, did you see the injury report!? Our right guard is listed as questionable... I don’t want to spend my money to possibly see our backup guard play!”

Since obviously I am an idiot who is just missing out, can you produce any research that shows a correlation between fan interest and injury reports?

“Dude you want to go to the big game?”
“Nah, did you see the injury report!? Our right guard is listed as questionable... I don’t want to spend my money to possibly see our backup guard play!”

Since obviously I am an idiot who is just missing out, can you produce any research that shows a correlation between fan interest and injury reports?

Yeah, Captain Strawman strikes again!

How about:

Hey Buddy, want to go to the big game?
I don't know I heard the starting QB is out.
Really, for how long?
Probably a couple weeks.
Well, I can really only afford to go to 2 games this year. Let's wait till he's back. I don't want to pay $50 to watch us run the ball all night.
I hear ya man. We'll just catch this one on TV.

Pull up attendance - Cleveland Cavs - with and without LeBron. Pull up MLB attendance when the #1 pitcher is scheduled versus when the #4 is scheduled. Find some data on how Green Bay fans, or Patriot fans traveled when Rogers or Brady were out versus when they weren't.

What you miss is that a lot of folks travel hours to see Marshall play. Nobody wants to drive 6-8 hours to watch a loss which is much more likely when key players (not particularly a right guard who is only marginally better than his backup) are out.

Yeah, Captain Strawman strikes again!

How about:

Hey Buddy, want to go to the big game?
I don't know I heard the starting QB is out.
Really, for how long?
Probably a couple weeks.
Well, I can really only afford to go to 2 games this year. Let's wait till he's back. I don't want to pay $50 to watch us run the ball all night.
I hear ya man. We'll just catch this one on TV.

You compared Marshall football to Aerosmith and Isaiah Green to Steven Tyler. Sorry, I was trying to speak on your level.

By the way, here’s a link to an article on trainers saying there should be a national injury report for college football.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-injury-report-greenstein-20180911-story.html

You’ll notice that this isn’t just a problem with our head coach as many of you want to make it seem.

Pull up attendance - Cleveland Cavs - with and without LeBron. Pull up MLB attendance when the #1 pitcher is scheduled versus when the #4 is scheduled. Find some data on how Green Bay fans, or Patriot fans traveled when Rogers or Brady were out versus when they weren't.

What you miss is that a lot of folks travel hours to see Marshall play. Nobody wants to drive 6-8 hours to watch a loss which is much more likely when key players (not particularly a right guard who is only marginally better than his backup) are out.

I 100% get that. What you don’t get is that the vast majority of college football coaches will handle this stuff the exact way that Doc is handling it. If there is a national scouting report great! I’m not even arguing the validity of getting an edge by not revealing your injury report. I’m just telling you, football coaches in general are not giving up that info unless they have to. Doc is not unique in that.

The attempts at logic in this thread are frighteningly, frighteningly bad.

You’re not wrong.

We got off topic, and onto a rabbit trail. This is my position. Stated one more time before I sign off for the evening:

Fans are not entitled to anything they want. There are boundaries. These boundaries are set by the culture of athletics as well as the culture of other coaches around the country. As of right now, it is pretty clear in college football that complete injury reports are behind those boundaries. If you have a problem with that, then fine. But your problem is not with Doc, it’s with the culture in college football. Why are you going to get mad at our program for doing something that most other programs do?

We looked at him and decided not to offer because he isn't good enough so there is no reason to bring up this bullshit again about Bagent. Green is raw but has immense potential and was a composite 3-star QB across multiple recruiting services coming out of HS while Bagent was 0-stars.
PD, has Marshall checked in on this years Martinsburgs QB and soon to be three time first team allstate free safety? Grant Harman. Kid well play defense at the next level. I think Doc getting in on the Martinsburg pipeline would be smart because they will be good again next year as well

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT