ADVERTISEMENT

Green

really Josh.....this is actually good conversation...

It’s a conversation that we’ve had like 10 times since LY. It’s pointless. The kid wasn’t good enough then and it doesn’t matter if he’s good enough now.

His handler, ‘Eers, comes on here parading unrecruited kids around, bitching about Doc not recruiting them all the time. It’s played out and useless.

It’s beyond me why it comes up over a year after the fact. The kid is having success at D-II. That’s great. Leave him be and let’s talk about kids that actually matter. Wanna talk about a QB? Let’s talk about 2019 (WV) Grant Wells or 2019 (FL) Maurice Underwood. Both are committed to Marshall.

Reactions: pdbailey
It’s a conversation that we’ve had like 10 times since LY. It’s pointless. The kid wasn’t good enough then and it doesn’t matter if he’s good enough now.

His handler, ‘Eers, comes on here parading unrecruited kids around, bitching about Doc not recruiting them all the time. It’s played out and useless.

It’s beyond me why it comes up over a year after the fact. The kid is having success at D-II. That’s great. Leave him be and let’s talk about kids that actually matter. Wanna talk about a QB? Let’s talk about 2019 (WV) Grant Wells or 2019 (FL) Maurice Underwood. Both are committed to Marshall.
well....the point was just proven by someone on this board that supports what the guy was saying......he is a D1 QB....im not sure why your all upset....I find it good conversation

Are we talking about the same Bagent kid who lost the game against Notre Dame College (College, not the University of) by throwing three interceptions?

In fairness, I just asked a coach who played them earlier this year about the kid. Last year, he was a coach at a Sun Belt school. He said Bagent is "the real deal" and that he would be the best QB on the roster at his school last year (a Sun Belt school). Seeing that the Sun Belt has been ranked higher than C-USA every week of the season so far, it gives the annoying guy some credibility.
I wonder why they didn't recruit him?

I find the topic of Bagent to be good conversation as well.

Surely, it's merely a coincidence that a potential QB transfer is being discussed in the same exact thread where the current starting QB is being referred to as garbage.

the rumor is he gave a killer pre-season "Remember The Titans" type speech to the entire team that had upper classman ready to run thru a brick wall for this freshman

There isn't a GIF good enough to mock this quote fully.

I wonder why they didn't recruit him?

The Sun Belt school? They already had their one QB committed. You have a better chance at retention with a player who grew up 45 minutes away compared to 20 hours away. Most coaches are either 1) copycats 2) too scared to make a mistake. If no other FBS or FCS schools offered a kid, especially one from a different region, it's too much of a risk by offering, signing, and failing at a kid succeeding. If a kid has 5 other FBS offers and he fails, you're not the only one who looks like a fool and can't necessarily be blamed for it.

There isn't a GIF good enough to mock this quote fully.

The Sun Belt school? They already had their one QB committed. You have a better chance at retention with a player who grew up 45 minutes away compared to 20 hours away. Most coaches are either 1) copycats 2) too scared to make a mistake. If no other FBS or FCS schools offered a kid, especially one from a different region, it's too much of a risk by offering, signing, and failing at a kid succeeding. If a kid has 5 other FBS offers and he fails, you're not the only one who looks like a fool and can't necessarily be blamed for it.
Makes sense on the recruiting.

as for the speech, the point of it was to describe his leadership skills. He got up in front of the team as a 17 year old and gave a talk that made them feel comfortable going into the season with him being the leader of the team(and now the program).

We need a QB coach. Green has a lot of talent. Throws off of his back foot every time, he is not throwing the ball with much on it, is trying to place the ball. There is a time for touch and a time to put some heat on a pass. It almost looks like someone has messed with his mechanics.

Reactions: Bankerreturns
We need a QB coach. Green has a lot of talent. Throws off of his back foot every time, he is not throwing the ball with much on it, is trying to place the ball. There is a time for touch and a time to put some heat on a pass. It almost looks like someone has messed with his mechanics.

That's what I am seeing. Looks like he's trying to aim instead of just throw. I will say that he has his "aim" down on that deal sideline throw to the left though.

And YAGS, feel free to clean up what I'm saying.

Reactions: 19MU88
Is Green playing this week, rumors on social media he is out this week after that cheapshot he took to the knee against WKU.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

I didn’t see it that way. It looked like our lineman threw him in that direction. Did I misinterpret?

He got drilled, went to the sideline, but then came back in without having to put the backup in. He also appeared to be fine, but who knows. Doc would rather people think he's an idiot than just come out and tell people why so and so isn't playing.

Doc would rather people think he's an idiot than just come out and tell people why so and so isn't playing.

It’s because we don’t own the right to know. Would it be nice? Sure, but in no way shape or form do we deserve to know that info.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
The ACC already does uniform injury reports. The SEC and Big 12 are on the verge, probably start next season. With the growth in sports betting every league will have it within three years.

Any coach who thinks he gets an advantage by not saying players are out is an idiot. Why do I say this? Easy, ask Doc - hey, I saw Stockstill got rocked last week and won't play this week. What's he going to say? He'll say that the team will prepare for both Stockstill and his backup. Why? Because you just never know how a player will progress throughout the week.

So, if Stockstill does play, we are prepped for that. If he doesn't then we get to face an inferior QB. So where would Middle get an advantage in that scenario? You could say we spend less time preparing for whoever the backup is, but you are still preparing for the offense they run and the guy running it won't be as good. If you know Stockstill is out for sure it's not going to change your prep.

That's what I am seeing. Looks like he's trying to aim instead of just throw. I will say that he has his "aim" down on that deal sideline throw to the left though.

And YAGS, feel free to clean up what I'm saying.
Green also appears at times not to know the routes of the receivers. Throw goes outside and receivers cuts in, etc. There are times he misses wide open receivers(more than one occasion against NC State that would have been scores). At times, he and the receivers are not on the same page. Maybe that is somewhat on the receivers. But, I have noticed it several times. The ball where Brady tipped it and the WKU picked it off should have never been thrown to Brady as he was in double coverage(Brady should have caught it but it should have never been thrown). On that play there was a wide open guy that could have ran for 20 or 30 yards.

In Greens defense, he is young and there is little to no running game at this point. That hurts any qb.

ml - I realize your sarcasm is on high beam, but really: what exactly are you expecting the HC of ANY football team in the land to say?

Are you new to this board? This has been debated far too many times on here, but luckily Banker decided to waste his breath on the topic, so please see his post above.

What coaches come out on Monday and announce all their injured players so the their opponent can prepare for them ????

Also, see Banker's post

And the only reason Coach Stowers blindly defends Doc is because he has to toe the company line. But, in all fairness, I can see why. Doc & Co. will stop giving you any insider info if you piss them off, which would defeat the purpose of having him (Stowers) around.

What coaches come out on Monday and announce all their injured players so the their opponent can prepare for them ????

As Banker posted - betting sites have injury reports. The NCAA puts out an injury report. It's not rocket science. A little Google search will provide all the info. needed.

Google - NCAA Football Injury Reports

Yes, he won the Kennedy Award as the state's best football player as a Junior and a state title as a Junior.

There’s a reason Jeremy is playing for Dan. It’s because he didn’t get the same amount of interest in football as he did b-ball. He wanted to play football. He told me that himself, but the offer never came. He made the right choice. He couldn’t have played QB at the D-I level. Great HS player, but that’s it.

There’s a reason Jeremy is playing for Dan. It’s because he didn’t get the same amount of interest in football as he did b-ball. He wanted to play football. He told me that himself, but the offer never came. He made the right choice. He couldn’t have played QB at the D-I level. Great HS player, but that’s it.
Baker Mayfield did not get one college scholarship offer and look where he is right now. He walked on at Texas Tech and then again at Oklahoma.

Baker Mayfield did not get one college scholarship offer and look where he is right now. He walked on at Texas Tech and then again at Oklahoma.

He’s in Cleveland and in two years he’ll be out the league like the past 15 QB’s that played there are. Why wish that on a kid?

Best QB in the state behind Will Grier is Tyson Bagent. I spoke to someone in Shepherd's athletic program that came from a D1 school in the last few weeks that said they are shocked Tyson slipped past the D1 schools but they could not be happier. He did say that at this point Tyson could with out a doubt play at the MAC, CUSA, or AAC level. It will be interesting to see if and when he transfers out.

The kid is number one in the country in passing yards per game as a true freshman
We looked at him and decided not to offer because he isn't good enough so there is no reason to bring up this bullshit again about Bagent. Green is raw but has immense potential and was a composite 3-star QB across multiple recruiting services coming out of HS while Bagent was 0-stars.

Last edited:
I know that's Cramsey's title, but is he really a QB coach? Why does IG still throw off his back foot? That's an easy fix for a sailing high throw. Just like a pitcher releasing the ball too high - it's gonna go high.
It takes time to correct issues that he has likely been doing his entire playing career. Cramsey was a starting QB at New Hampshire and has been a QB Coach on top of being an OC for most of his coaching career.

Good points, but something people didn't realize is Tyrson was at times calling his own plays at the line. Getting all those wideouts in the right places to get the ball to the right player depending on the defense. The coach at Martinsburg is still in shock he is at Shepherd.
Well, his coach is likely to blame for the lack of recruitment. To be honest, you could say that for several Martinsburg players. Maybe the HC isn't doing enough to get his players some visibility with FBS/FCS coaches. I do know that our coaches actively visit the school in the recruiting process so maybe the coach is pushing our coaches away. Also, if Bagent went to any national camps or college camps such as ours at MU during the process then that is the tell all for him in terms of why he didn't get any offers. If he didn't then coaches were having to rely on film against very weak opposition and are reluctant to throw out an offer at the QB position without more info.

How did Coach Donnan find
Troy Brown
Chad Pennington
Coach Donnan could beat the bushes, recruit ing places overlooked by other coaches. He could recognize raw talent and develop it!!!
We recruit Martinsburg every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT