ADVERTISEMENT

hall & oats

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
is there a cooler, more underrated musical team than daryl hall and john oats? those mother fvckers dont get enough credit.

Very true! They are a great combo. Never seen them live, but sure they put on a good show.

Originally posted by riflearm2:

is there a cooler, more underrated musical team than daryl hall and john oats? those mother fvckers dont get enough credit.
HUGELY underrated. Displaced the Everly Brothers as the most successful male duo in Billboard chart history for the rock era. Their five single run in 1981-82 of original material is as strong a five single run for a rock duo/band as there is: "Kiss On My List"; "You Make My Dreams Come True"; "Private Eyes"; "I Can't Go For That"; "Did It In A Minute". Three number ones, a number five, and a number nine. H&O getting into the RR HOF in 2013 was long overdue (as have been many deserving artists of recent).

** thumbs up **

Originally posted by ToesMU:
Darryl Hall has a great tv show where he invites other artists to "his house" to jam & talk - some epic performances
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ive seen it a couple of times. what is most telling about that is just how diverse his guest artists are. the fact that he can have such a wide range of genre on his show and play with them is impressive.

they perform tomorrow night about an hour from me, and im trying to rearrange my schedule so i can check them out.

Definitely go if you can make it. Saw them in Charleston, SC & it was just a great show.

Speaking of great shows, if any of you get a chance to attend a St. Paul & the Broken Bones show, go. They headlined Mountain Stage two weeks ago & it was hands down the best Mountain Stage I've even been to. Out of five acts, only the middle band was one I wouldn't necessarily recommend - if menopause had a soundtrack, it would be those ladies. St. Paul, however, absolutely crushed it. That show will air in a week or so, definitely give it a listen.

Man, I never liked those guys that much. Bubble Gum music is what we called it.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke MU:

Originally posted by i am herdman:

Man, I never liked those guys that much. Bubble Gum music is what we called it.
You have no soul in your blood.

+1 rifle, although I would say only underrated for those with little musical taste or knowledge.
I agree with you, I don't. I like more hard rock, metal, etc.

Haha.......My 1978-79 8-Track collection.

Hall & Oates, Doobie Brothers, Styx, Kansas, Eagles, Journey, KISS.......Pat Benatar was my first cassette tape!

In 1980 I flipped to AC/DC, Van Halen and Southern Rock.......Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, .38 Special, ZZ Top, etc.....

My first cassette was AC/DC "Back in Black".

I had a large collection of vinyl albums, but I sold them a few years ago to a younger guy that was getting into vinyl. Everything from AC/DC to ZZ Top. Lots of different genres too, I had plenty of rap, punk, hard rock, alt rock, some country, hell I even had some old Elvis.

I was gifted Kiss Destroyer on 8-Track from a cool older cousin. I also played the hell out of some Beach Boys. This is 6-year-old HRHF. Ditto on the Elvis. I got my first cassette at 9-10-ish. It was John Cougar Mellencamp's Uh-Huh. My taste as a kid was all over the map, and tended to be a good 20 years behind my peer group.

Originally posted by HRHF:
I was gifted Kiss Destroyer on 8-Track from a cool older cousin. I also played the hell out of some Beach Boys. This is 6-year-old HRHF. Ditto on the Elvis. I got my first cassette at 9-10-ish. It was John Cougar Mellencamp's Uh-Huh. My taste as a kid was all over the map, and tended to be a good 20 years behind my peer group.
Isn't it funny how musical tastes change, sometimes?

My first tapes/CDs in middle school were Hendrix and skynyrd.

Somewhere along the years by freshman year of college I was into punk (AFI), pop punk (mxpx, blink, get up kids), and some indie stuff like Fugazi.

then by med school I was more into alt country like Ryan Adams or Wilco.

now I listen to medical, nerd, and wrestling podcasts ... and Mickey Mouse club,and Frozen.

I have no clue what this says about me. Please don't judge :)

John Mellencamp is a goddamn American icon. He is still making important music.
One evening, as I drove home from work, crossing the 2nd Street Bridge, past the Yum Center... rolling over the Ohio River into Indiana (Mellencamp's home state) as the sun was setting in the west.... and "Pink Houses" came on the radio. Chills lol.

John Mellencamp is a goddamn American icon. He is still making important music.
His new record is excellent!! I really like the direction he went with his music.

I am a VERY big fan of roots music, regardless of style

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT