ADVERTISEMENT

Handlogten into the Portal

The only school to even offer the young man and now taking his talent elsewhere.
That’s what is disappointing. Zero loyalty. I understand people transfer for many different reasons and they have that right. But this one seems like he just jumped because he thinks he’s better than Marshall. Maybe he is, but I don’t have to like it.

That’s what is disappointing. Zero loyalty. I understand people transfer for many different reasons and they have that right. But this one seems like he just jumped because he thinks he’s better than Marshall. Maybe he is, but I don’t have to like it.

Well 300 d1 schools said he wasn't good enough a year ago. So we take a chance and make him known and he bounces. All I need to know about his "character".

There is no such thing as college sports anymore. Ruined.
People on here can call NIL whatever they like and try to tell us how great it is... What it is in actuality -- Free Agency every single offseason.

This is our reality now. If a kid comes here, has a big year or two, he's probably going to leave for a bigger school and take the NIL money... We will spend this offseason scouring the portal for guys who washed out at bigger schools and are looking for playing time.

This one really does sting. Herd staff took a chance with him. He got bodied all over the Sunbelt because he wasn't strong enough. He went to a camp and someone got in his ear. He took the line, bolted. Geezer is right, the way college sports is being ran now, has ruined it.

Maybe with Kinsey leaving, he was afraid of being “the man” next year. Not even a shot at him. Might be a Grant Wells type of scenario where he hit his ceiling this year. Time will tell.

To be fair to this kid, if you were a freshman phenom (albeit in a shit conference) and wanted to maximize your chances to get to the next level, would you (1) stay at Marshall to be (ahem) "developed" (ahem) by this staff, or (2) go somewhere with a coaching staff and training program that you believe could help maximize your potential?

To be fair to this kid, if you were a freshman phenom (albeit in a shit conference) and wanted to maximize your chances to get to the next level, would you (1) stay at Marshall to be (ahem) "developed" (ahem) by this staff, or (2) go somewhere with a coaching staff and training program that you believe could help maximize your potential?
I wonder if his parents noticed how little he's developed physically and thought he would be better served elsewhere. Peneva's parents thought the same thing. Some people are infatuated with Dandy Dan, but the truth of the matter is he doesn't do squat with physical development and Cline is a horrible big man coach. Every big he's coached here has been soft and regressed.

This is not about development it is about MONEY. Free agency has ruined college sports like I said it would , and all other sports professional or at the college level. Kids can make a fortune at the college level now even if they dont make it to the pros.

This is not about development it is about MONEY. Free agency has ruined college sports like I said it would , and all other sports professional or at the college level. Kids can make a fortune at the college level now even if they dont make it to the pros.

angry soap opera GIF by General Hospital

Goodbye herdman you are one of the decent ones on here. The others well better left unsaid to you. I will post no more here.

I will post only if it pertains to sports. not a lie just a change of mind as to wanting to post about Marshall and sports in general. Of course you would use it to call me names again but that is ok if you want to show your own ignorance.

Must wait to see who will be coming in and how much current players will improve.
One is coming, a freshmen. Obviously another scholly opened up. I doubt DD uses it well. They should improve but highly doubt enough to come close to the lost production

Stepping Stone University…we are no longer a destination school…Reality.
Are we even a stepping stone? I could see a stepping stone for a kid that has actual talent (whiteside, Kane, Taylor ) type of players) but we can’t even get those kids anymore… Dan better empty his pockets into his next lineup, quit stealing from the university and start using your large salary to buy a team!!!! Produce championships or hit the road!

May want to keep that 290th ranked nonconference schedule after all for next season... I can already hear the DD nut-huggers next year... "We lost our two best players, what did you expect?"
I would still wait and see although it is really hard when money controls so much now.

Why did you have to go and use that logic? I wanted to be mad, was mad, and now I gotta think this kid did the right thing bc you’re right, he’s not gonna be developed properly under DD.

Wake up to what? What can he do to overturn the NCAA officials decisions?

They have one year of elegibility left , if not then their scholarships are open also.
It wasn’t an NCAA decision. The courts did it. We ain’t going back I wonder if these kids even go to school b

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT