ADVERTISEMENT

Handlogten into the Portal

Wake up to what? What can he do to overturn the NCAA officials decisions?

They have one year of elegibility left , if not then their scholarships are open also.
Marco Sarenac didn't walk on senior night but Goran Milodinovic did. I don't know what the future holds, as Taylor has a year left, I believe. He may transfer also.

Reactions: 31Herd55
Marco Sarenac didn't walk on senior night but Goran Milodinovic did. I don't know what the future holds, as Taylor has a year left, I believe. He may transfer also.
Taylor needs to find him a new team…one with a real coach. Dan’s coaching and ability to build a viable roster has become a dumpster fire.

I am not looking forward to our second year in the Sun Belt.

• Angry
Reactions: horsrman and herd66
AD gave DD a three year extension. Who knows what the landscape of Marshall basketball will look like at the end of his (DD) tenure.

Reactions: 31Herd55
Hope they find it easy to take some of their salary’s and spend it on a entire starting lineup, if not they are just over paid people accomplishing nothing but expenses for a university.

If you don’t want to be here then I don’t want you here
89c65553-9755-46ee-b583-f4a012f6d47a_text.gif

Are we even a stepping stone? I could see a stepping stone for a kid that has actual talent (whiteside, Kane, Taylor ) type of players) but we can’t even get those kids anymore… Dan better empty his pockets into his next lineup, quit stealing from the university and start using your large salary to buy a team!!!! Produce championships or hit the road!
It's not that we can't. Dan just doesn't.

I don't think he'll be here 3 more years. Just a hunch. Next year is shaping up to be brutal.
Yes he will. He just got another excuse to hide behind. Again. Last season was a disaster and he got a 1yr deal. Then again he falls flat again and got a 3 year deal. We had not one but two opportunities to walk way cleanly and we chose not to. Now we're going to fire him and pay a buyout? How absolutely stupid is that. Oh and don't even think that Dan is all the sudden going to become humble and introspective and step down. The man blame last season on not having a school president because the players were so aimless with the uncertainty.

The only thing that would cause Dan to step down prematurely is health, but I don't see that as an issue because at 75 going on 76 he doesn't really show any signs of poor health and his dad lived to 100+.

Nope Dan will be here as long as Dan wants to be and we'll continue this exercise in futility.

Yes he will. He just got another excuse to hide behind. Again. Last season was a disaster and he got a 1yr deal. Then again he falls flat again and got a 3 year deal. We had not one but two opportunities to walk way cleanly and we chose not to. Now we're going to fire him and pay a buyout? How absolutely stupid is that. Oh and don't even think that Dan is all the sudden going to become humble and introspective and step down. The man blame last season on not having a school president because the players were so aimless with the uncertainty.

The only thing that would cause Dan to step down prematurely is health, but I don't see that as an issue because at 75 going on 76 he doesn't really show any signs of poor health and his dad lived to 100+.

Nope Dan will be here as long as Dan wants to be and we'll continue this exercise in futility.
Well, if he is here 3 more years, Smith and Spears will have sent a clear message that men's b'ball is here to kill time in the winter and not really worth moving forward. Jmho
Womens b'ball may have passed the men's program by that time anyway.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Well, if he is here 3 more years, Smith and Spears will have sent a clear message that men's b'ball is here to kill time in the winter and not really worth moving forward. Jmho
I mean they have pretty much already done that. I am not trying to be a prick about it as I respect you, but I am not sure what other evidence you need to come to that realization. Does anyone actually think that in year 10 Dan is all the sudden going to start hitting the portal and blazing the recruiting trails for the best available talent? Do we think in year 10 he finally figures out how important strength training is to success?

I'm not that big of a Huff fan right now, but there's no debating that he is actually trying. He hits every available avenue to bring in the very best talent we can. Herrion could find talent and so could Donnie. Tom just thought he could manage toxic people (Elijah Pittman, Kareem Canty) which was a mistake and Donnie's in game coaching was pretty poor. Dan was just recruiting a player where his only other offer was with "The College of Sciences". I mean what the ever living....are we doing here?

Do we not think this is why Micah ultimately decided to leave? Take a look at this dude from day one to day 365? He looks no different. This is D-I athletics. That should never happen. Never. Other teams see what could be with Micah and he and his parents came to the realization that it wasn't going to happen here under Dan and this staff. Will it work out for Micah? Time will tell. Shoot man we all contemplated how much better served Kinsey might be at a bigger team when his name was being mentioned as a potential first rounder three years ago. Every off season we thought he was going to hit the portal. I'm glad he didn't, but being played out of position for two years sure didn't help his future out any.

If championship(s) are not the goal then there is no point to this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT