ADVERTISEMENT

Handlogten to Florida

……and will reap huge benefits from the practice against big time talent, the competition with SEC bigs & the NIL deal. In a couple of years, he’ll be ready for The League.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Well, FL "lost" a 7-footer recently to Tenn. Tech in the portal. Word is, however, that Danny boy is "hot on the trail" of a couple high school big men "projects" who are involved in extra out-of-season workouts this spring trying to improve their ball handling and breathing simultaneous coordination!! STAY TUNED, HERD FANS!!!!!

We (HN) are an amazing……ly fickle bunch.

Handgloten @ MU:
Next great center! Just needs to gain muscle & develop a mid range shot…

Handgloten @ FL 🐊:
He sucks! Will never be good enough to play in The League, no matter how well he is developed w/ the gators…..
Sheesh….

Reactions: ilmherdfan
No such thing as loyalty for this generation. The son of a colleague of mine has changed high end jobs about four times in the last ten years. If a company offers him more pay or benefits than the one he is with, he is gone.

No such thing as loyalty for this generation. The son of a colleague of mine has changed high end jobs about four times in the last ten years. If a company offers him more pay or benefits than the one he is with, he is gone.
And that, as Walter Cronkite would sign off, is the way it is! It is estimated that a new worker just entering the job market will change employers 10-15 times before retiring.

7'1" 227 and needs to be 260-270. He will never see the league even after playing at Florida. MH will be educated on playing center in the SEC.

We (HN) are an amazing……ly fickle bunch.

Handgloten @ MU:
Next great center! Just needs to gain muscle & develop a mid range shot…

Handgloten @ FL 🐊:
He sucks! Will never be good enough to play in The League, no matter how well he is developed w/ the gators…..
Sheesh….

Well, those two comments aren’t in conflict. The top comment is true. The second comment is made up, no one said he sucks, just that he is certainly not NBA material at this point and even with a lot of development still likely isn’t.

Don’t know if you watch much NBA, but do you really see him being competitive with todays NBA big men?

Well, those two comments aren’t in conflict. The top comment is true. The second comment is made up, no one said he sucks, just that he is certainly not NBA material at this point and even with a lot of development still likely isn’t.

Don’t know if you watch much NBA, but do you really see him being competitive with todays NBA big men?
He's no where as good as the last MU player Florida pilfered from us!

That's the only way to get ahead as well. Employers hardly if ever increase their employees compensation. You will have guys coming off the street starting out at salaries that people that have been with the company several years are making.

It's also a job. You go to a job to make money. "Loyalty", especially to an employer is for suckers. You can guarantee that the company isn't loyal to you. Pay isn't a huge motivator unless it's a huge increase because some jobs are so bad no salary is worth the stress, but if you can get more benefits then you move.

That's the only way to get ahead as well. Employers hardly if ever increase their employees compensation. You will have guys coming off the street starting out at salaries that people that have been with the company several years are making.

It's also a job. You go to a job to make money. "Loyalty", especially to an employer is for suckers. You can guarantee that the company isn't loyal to you. Pay isn't a huge motivator unless it's a huge increase because some jobs are so bad no salary is worth the stress, but if you can get more benefits then you move.
I've worked for big corporations and small privately held companies. I'll take the small companies any day and all day. There is loyalty from both sides, less stress, good perks and compensation. Working for large corporations suck as far as I am concerned. Just a number to them.

I've worked for big corporations and small privately held companies. I'll take the small companies any day and all day. There is loyalty from both sides, less stress, good perks and compensation. Working for large corporations suck as far as I am concerned. Just a number to them.
For the most part. I've worked both and the smaller companies were some of the most toxic environments I have worked at. It all boils down to the management culture. I've worked for a larger entities and I felt more appreciated and valued. It's pretty anecdotal though.

My overall point was if the job opportunity is an upgrade in every aspect then you take it. When it applies to this situation it was a smart move. Facts are facts. Dan can only take Micah so far. There's a better chance of going to the tournament at Florida, you get to live in more tropical weather, the "scenery" is better, and he gets a good amount of money.

The only drawback is that some assume he never sees the floor at Florida. Time will tell.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT