ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Spotting

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Just ran into Herd great Chris Crocker, his wife - former Marshall point guard Karrie Cook - and their beautiful children at the Atlanta airport.

Marshall needs to showcase Crocker more. For all of the players Marshall has put in the league over the past 50 years, how many lasted more than a decade? Moss, Pennington, Carl Lee, Lee Smith, Troy Brown, Mike Bartrum, and Crocker?

Crocker started more NFL games than anyone except for Moss and Carl Lee. Always been well-spoken and a good representative.

Completely agree... He is a very underrated former MU player and a very nice guy.

It would be great to have him involved with the program in some fashion, even if it's just to come in and speak to the team before a game, be an ambassador, whatever. If he has interest our staff should make it happen.

Just ran into Herd great Chris Crocker, his wife - former Marshall point guard Karrie Cook - and their beautiful children at the Atlanta airport.

Marshall needs to showcase Crocker more. For all of the players Marshall has put in the league over the past 50 years, how many lasted more than a decade? Moss, Pennington, Carl Lee, Lee Smith, Troy Brown, Mike Bartrum, and Crocker?

Crocker started more NFL games than anyone except for Moss and Carl Lee. Always been well-spoken and a good representative.
One of my favorite players ever.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
How about #42 Linebacker for the 2002 Marshall team? He can usually be spotted at different sporting events around the country.

Completely agree... He is a very underrated former MU player and a very nice guy.

It would be great to have him involved with the program in some fashion, even if it's just to come in and speak to the team before a game, be an ambassador, whatever. If he has interest our staff should make it happen.
He was coaching in the XFL a few years ago. He said he had just gone back for a Marshall game recently. He’s the type of success story Marshall need to push more.

How about #42 Linebacker for the 2002 Marshall team? He can usually be spotted at different sporting events around the country.

I heard he will be in the third row behind home plate tonight in Pittsburgh. He was going to invite @Archetype XLIV to join him, but #42 was concerned about being plastered as a trophy all over social media. TMZ reports that the guy is seen everywhere. He was all over the Braves telecast last night, and then he was spotted walking on the field after Francisco Alvarez went over to security and told them to bring him down to the field after the Mets’ disappointing loss.

I can’t quite figure out how the guy is everywhere and seems to be so connected. A Huntington slumlord claimed that the guy was a major weed supplier to all of these athletes/entertainers, but I don’t necessarily believe that, because the slumlord has a habit of lying to his most loved ones.

I was thinking 5 7 but look

those fan experience stadium tour things are cool. Of course, never dawned on me to run and show a picture to strangers
The sun must be out, because my shadow is back. But how come this shadow looks so much shorter, fatter, uglier, poorer, and dumber?

You don't get "fan experience stadium tours" to go on the field after a game.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
I heard he will be in the third row behind home plate tonight in Pittsburgh. He was going to invite @Archetype XLIV to join him, but #42 was concerned about being plastered as a trophy all over social media.
Why? I never posted the other picture we took together either. I don't have time to respond to messages asking, "who is that guy?"

• Haha
Reactions: GeauxHerd
When I was raising the funds to pay for Goddard’s funeral, he was the first former player to reach out, He made a sizable contribution plus connected me to several other players. He and his wife are both warm, generous people.
A couple weeks after moving into the dorms my freshman year I was waiting on an elevator in the lobby of Towers. First time I had been away from home and was still finding my footing and hadn't really made any friends yet. Crocker struck up a conversation with me and was pretty encouraging.

He didn't know me and didn't have to do it, but he did and to this day I still remember it. Later on I found out exactly who he was and have been a big fan ever since.

Reactions: HERD_Rich
I saw him here in the CIncy area often, articulate and conversative; can certainly be an influencer.
That being said, the most impactful "past" greats at MU that want to be involved, step up to be involved. They aren't recruited, they're invited. I know Chris has always been invited.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT