ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Va Tech tilt picked up on the deuce!

- Disney is required to carry 15 SBC games on "real TV" per year. This means that pretty much every time a P5 is playing at the SBC, Disney is going to try to use that game to fill up its requirements. It is also using Wake Forest at ODU for the same reason this weekend.

- The big game in the noon time slot is Florida State @ Clemson, which would have been a night game if Clemson had not lost to lowly Duke. Other games are Oklahoma @ Cincinnati and Rutgers @ Michigan, which should all be a million to zero by early in the first quarter; Auburn @ Texas A&M and Kentucky @ Vanderbilt, which also should be laughers; and SMU @ TCU, Western Kentucky @ Troy, Tulsa @ Northern Illinois, which literally no one on Earth cares about; and Army @ Syracuse, which will probably be a good game. We might catch a few channel surfers looking for a close game to watch, if we can keep it close, but I doubt that can happen.

- Disney is required to carry 15 SBC games on "real TV" per year. This means that pretty much every time a P5 is playing at the SBC, Disney is going to try to use that game to fill up its requirements. It is also using Wake Forest at ODU for the same reason this weekend.

- The big game in the noon time slot is Florida State @ Clemson, which would have been a night game if Clemson had not lost to lowly Duke. Other games are Oklahoma @ Cincinnati and Rutgers @ Michigan, which should all be a million to zero by early in the first quarter; Auburn @ Texas A&M and Kentucky @ Vanderbilt, which also should be laughers; and SMU @ TCU, Western Kentucky @ Troy, Tulsa @ Northern Illinois, which literally no one on Earth cares about; and Army @ Syracuse, which will probably be a good game. We might catch a few channel surfers looking for a close game to watch, if we can keep it close, but I doubt that can happen.
Do you ever notice any time something good happens, you have some whiny asinine analysis of it? What a miserable way to live. How sad

BTW, VPI was in the SoCon back in the Depression, playing schools like Richmond, Georgetown, Randolph-Macon, Furman, etc.
What does previous games with different coaches, players and playing conditions matter to this year's game? If that means something, then why play at all? I mean we never beat ecu in Greenville before, but low and behold that did not stop us from beating them there this year.

Funny how that works. I am sure glad they did not go on previous history and decide to play the game this year.

What does previous games with different coaches, players and playing conditions matter to this year's game? If that means something, then why play at all? I mean we never beat ecu in Greenville before, but low and behold that did not stop us from beating them there this year.

Funny how that works. I am sure glad they did not go on previous history and decide to play the game this year.
For some reason I am limited in posting. Mods, PM me so we can chat, please.

Well, people bring up WKU in 2014 or other games to reassure themselves MU is "mediocre."
I really disagree with Goddamn Sam lately but I will say,
ECU is terrible. Yes, they had some stats that stood out against Michigan like their line stats or holding Michigan to "only 30 pts."
Reality? Michigan was probably going 70% and the game wasn't meant to be flashy and didn't need to be a high score, just control, which they did, ECU didn't score a TD.

Against MU, ECU made equally, if not worse calls than we did...and ran some terrible plays with a larger Fancher.
If this were coached by anyone else, the call for said HC's head, would be so loud you could hear them from space.

Do you really think MU can do this on a weekly basis? Albany raised some eyebrows, and while they are likely a good FCS program, they're still FCS and the game should squarely be in control by MU...and it wasn't, till the 2nd half...and even then, it was a squeaker.

MU was once again trailing in the 2nd half and didn't need to be. The best pass came from not even the QB, which is concerning.
Fancher is not good. He continued to have problems with handoffs and snaps as well as decision making skills that some pointed out already, are fundamentals he should be better with.

Yes, MU turned it around after and rallied behind Ali to score like 3/7 plays later or something.
But do you think that will fly against VT, JMU, App State, etc?

I gave MU a pass against Albany because it's the first game, get the kinks out, and just settle in.
But ECU is bad, like bad in many areas and coached worse...absolutely no way MU should have been in a dogfight till the 4th quarter and MU will be slaughtered if they think other teams are going to hang around and not try to score a hundred points on them.

But, unlike Goddamn Sam, I haven't hit the panic button and already wrote the team off.
ECU is at App State, and that should be a game to watch to see what aspects of our season we can measure.

I agree ecu is terrible, hope you were not thinking I was implying that in my post.

Reactions: CamJoanBaller
I agree ecu is terrible, hope you were not thinking I was implying that in my post.

No, I didn't.
But everyone wants to smear Goddamn Sam's face in a plate of crow, and that's fine, because Marshall ultimately won the game.
Just don't lose sight that MU really didn't look good in doing so...something this board loves to make mention of.

But for the sake of the doubter, I guess this time it's worth it.

Reactions: marshallsig

Because any excuse to compare the Herd to another programs situation is what he
No, I didn't.
But everyone wants to smear Goddamn Sam's face in a plate of crow, and that's fine, because Marshall ultimately won the game.
Just don't lose sight that MU really didn't look good in doing so...something this board loves to make mention of.

But for the sake of the doubter, I guess this time it's worth it.
My point in all of this has nothing to do with how good Marshall is or how bad ECU is. My point is that if you go by statistics alone, then it would have seemed like ECU would have maybe been a 3 point favorite at home. Since they were a dog to Marshall after we struggled with an FCS team, it told me that Vegas really like Marshall to win this game. For WHATEVER reason it was. So I listened to Vegas. Thats the point

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
. So I listened to Vegas. Thats the point
You have no "point" because "Vegas" is not speaking. The O N L Y purpose of a line is to get an equal amount of $$ bet on each side of the proposition. Nothing more. "Vegas" wants to go to bed not caring who will win the game.

Really a simple concept.

Reactions: RhinoD
You have no "point" because "Vegas" is not speaking. The O N L Y purpose of a line is to get an equal amount of $$ bet on each side of the proposition. Nothing more. "Vegas" wants to go to bed not caring who will win the game.

Really a simple concept.
People, even seasoned gamblers, fail to grasp this... Vegas' bookmakers goal is to draw 50/50 money on both teams. They don't give a rip who wins the game, nor do they "rig" lines to try to throw people off.

When Vegas gets hammered is when they totally miss on a line (which is very rare) for a huge game (Super Bowl, National Championship Game, etc) and one side brings in all the money and then wins the bet... IE Vegas would have taken a beating last week if MU was getting points, brought in 90 percent of the dollars, and won outright. I'm sure we didn't bring in 90 percent of the dollars (a lot of people thought ECU would beat us) so Vegas probably didn't win or lose much of anything on the Herd's victory.

Reactions: The Real SamC

Really a simple concept.
I agree its a simple concept.. I have explained it clearly the point of my post. But your straw man retort is always the same. So keep fighting the good fight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT