ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Women Basketball Players Leaving

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
We all knew when Kim left MARSHALL, some of the players would too. We are losing Sydni Scott, Mahogany Matthews, Terah Harness, Alasia and Aislynn
Hayes.

Well you must not know that Matthew’s transferred to Marshall from Ole Miss and the Hayes sisters from Miss State so I believe they could play in their former conference.
I know. But tell me bb: how many minutes of pt did they see per game?

Last edited:
I know. But tell me bb: how many minutes of pt did they see per game?
Hayes played in 29 games, started 4 and averaged 17 min/game at Mississippi State.

Matthews played in 22, started 6 and averaged 9 minutes/game as a freshman at Ole Miss.

Reactions: bbneutralfan
Hayes played in 29 games, started 4 and averaged 17 min/game at Mississippi State.

Matthews played in 22, started 6 and averaged 9 minutes/game as a freshman at Ole Miss.

Thank you

So, I’ll take one more shot at this:
In 3 seasons at MTSU & MU, Aislyn started an avg of 24 games, avg 14.3 ppg & 5 rpg.
In her only season in the SEC, she started in only 4 games, avg 4.2 ppg & 2.4 rpg.
So, she was a bench player there, but a main cog at the other 2 schools. I wonder why that is?

Also, to correct Chris, she wasn’t recruited out of h.s. by Miss St. She was recruited by MTSU & played 2 years there….

And finally, for the love of all that is holy, please somebody tell me that the ‘24-‘25 season is the last gasp of the COVID year?

So, I’ll take one more shot at this:
In 3 seasons at MTSU & MU, Aislyn started an avg of 24 games, avg 14.3 ppg & 5 rpg.
In her only season in the SEC, she started in only 4 games, avg 4.2 ppg & 2.4 rpg.
So, she was a bench player there, but a main cog at the other 2 schools. I wonder why that is?

Also, to correct Chris, she wasn’t recruited out of h.s. by Miss St. She was recruited by MTSU & played 2 years there….
Correct me?

You asked for the stats so I was just providing them.

We all knew when Kim left MARSHALL, some of the players would too. We are losing Sydni Scott, Mahogany Matthews, Terah Harness, Alasia and Aislynn
Hayes.
The players have entered the portal, it doesn't mean they are leaving. They could be testing the waters depending on who is hired as the new coach. The new coach may bring in her own players. Remember Utah State, every player who scored points the previous season left and the new coach rebuilt the team taking them to The Big Dance.

Recruiting has changed. You can upgrade your program with the transfers. The portal gives and takes. Coaches like Dan who couldn't adapt to the changes failed because he thought building a program with high school recruits would be successful. Those days are gone at this time, maybe it will change back?

Last edited:
Reactions: GeauxHerd
She absolutely was. How do you think she ended up at Miss St?
I’m really flubbing this up!
Coming out of h.s. , Aislyn was not recruited by an SEC school. So, she signed up in-state and played 2 seasons at Middle. She then hit the portal and ended up at Miss St for one season.

An example:
Jared West was not recruited by an ACC school. He played 4 seasons at Marshall, then hit the portal & ended up at Louisville for one season.

Good grief W-S what difference does it make. They were at SEC schools prior to Marshall. You originally replied that a different level of talent was needed at UT and those young women previously played in the SEC.

Players can, and do, develop over their college careers. On the men's side Penava wasn't even a mid-major player when he began his college career and we saw how much he improved over a couple of seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT