ADVERTISEMENT

I live in CT

I’ve talked shit to Uconn fans I know, UConn fans I don’t know, random folks with UConn garb on, kids, old people, dogs, cops, and no one here even knew they were playing a football game yesterday. Sad state really
CT is a basketball and hockey state.

I heard it was a thriving state until you moved there.

Most Connecticut people I knew were Ivy League or Big Ten elitist assholes that commuted to NYC to work and back.

I’ve talked shit to Uconn fans I know, UConn fans I don’t know, random folks with UConn garb on, kids, old people, dogs, cops, and no one here even knew they were playing a football game yesterday. Sad state really
I am sorry you have to live up there.

They actually had a good crowd at the bowl game.

I really don’t think the “that is my team, it has the same words as are on my drivers license” type of fandom exists in the northeast. To the extent that college sports are a thing an all there, people follow the school they actually attended in that over-educated, under-smart part of the country.

I really don’t think the “that is my team, it has the same words as are on my drivers license” type of fandom exists in the northeast. To the extent that college sports are a thing an all there, people follow the school they actually attended in that over-educated, under-smart part of the country.
Saw something odd at a tail gate down in Conway. Saw some Uconn fans there and it looked like the were having a romantic wine and cheese crumpet type deal going on Bottles of wine, with cork not Boone's farm, nice table cloth, and the spread out there. Just needed some candles and a violinist playing.

Dange near looked something like this. They didn't know want to think when a guy near us chugged a beer and belched half the alphabet.

Jordan-Winery-Ultimate-Picnic-Basket-08_28_18_JORDAN_0299-WEB-SIZE-1600x950.jpg

Hey man. They had shirtless drunk fans yesterday. They're growing lol.

Last edited:
They all follow UConn 🏀 pretty closely regardless of what school they went to

In some of the New England states, I've heard that college football plays a very distant second to nearby Pro football teams in terms of "fandom". In other states in that region, it's an even further distant third" to the pro game and to high school football! I imagine that the majority of the Connecticut folks in Myrtle Beach on Monday were really there because they wanted to go South "for the weather" around the Holiday season! :)

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
In some of the New England states, I've heard that college football plays a very distant second to nearby Pro football teams in terms of "fandom". In other states in that region, it's an even further distant third" to the pro game and to high school football! I imagine that the majority of the Connecticut folks in Myrtle Beach on Monday were really there because they wanted to go South "for the weather" around the Holiday season! :)

NFL reigns supreme over CFB up here, college basketball I would say is higher on the totem pole in CT tbh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT