ADVERTISEMENT

Is old Doc headed to Arkansas or FAU?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Connections to both. FAU he has that SEC level recruiting pipeline going down there. Matter of fact, he wrote the book on recruiting Florida. Then, the AD at Arkansas boy played ball for Doc at Marshall. That is the inside track right there. He could open up that Florida recruiting to Fayetteville, Arkansas. Could take on Saban and Orgeron with the loads of talent he could bring in and now that Kiffin is at Ole Miss Doc could beat them as well.

I am going to hate to see him go. But, it is only a matter of time before someone comes looking and opens up that check book. I bet Mike Hamrick is calling up donors now saying boys you need to write some checks to keep Doc here.

I'll get the gift basket with peach salsa ready. Really, it would just be the one Coach Stowers has been waiting to give John as soon as the restraining order expires.

I knew Coach could not resist this thread. Coach, you hearing any rumblings. I mean that FAU job is tailor made, but I am wondering if the AD out there in Arkansas makes a call. I bet they are going to meet halfway around Hurricane Mills, TN.

I knew Coach could not resist this thread. Coach, you hearing any rumblings. I mean that FAU job is tailor made, but I am wondering if the AD out there in Arkansas makes a call. I bet they are going to meet halfway around Hurricane Mills, TN.

Well, one would assume Dipshit Stowers would move to Florida to be with John, but that's not how he and Aaron roll.

No Sir, they wait till a coach leaves the program, then said coach is dead to them, just like they are with Snyder and Pruett. They wouldn't piss on either one of them if they were on fire. They start talking shit about them the moment the new coaching regime has been installed.

Well, one would assume Dipshit Stowers would move to Florida to be with John, but that's not how he and Aaron roll.

No Sir, they wait till a coach leaves the program, then said coach is dead to them, just like they are with Snyder and Pruett. They wouldn't piss on either one of them if they were on fire. They start talking shit about them the moment the new coaching regime has been installed.

When a coach cheats and completely screws the program prior to bailing......yeah, I’m going to have ill feelings.

When a coach cheats and completely screws the program prior to bailing......yeah, I’m going to have ill feelings.
How about when the AD gives his buddy multiple contract extensions putting the university in a position that they could not buy him out if they had to? The same coach who has one championship in a decade? The same coach who nobody else would have hired and who nobody else has wanted since then.

I've never heard proof that Pruett cheated or knew cheating was happening. Do you have some proof of that?

You might have a point if "completely screws the program" means leaving enough talent behind that a totally inept coach can win 3 games in cusa and lose another 3 games by a total of 18 points in his first season, then go 4-4 the next year while losing one of those games by a single point, go 3-9 in 2007 (lost 3 games by a total of 17 points), all while playing in the conference when it was much tougher. Snyder won 10 conference games in those first 3 years, while Doc averaged one more win per year in his first 3 years. In Snyder's last 4 seasons he won 14 conf games, in Doc's last 4 he's won 18, an average once again of one more win per year, against weaker competition.

Summary; Pruett didn't leave the program in bad shape, the university made a terrible hire.

I am herdman you got that right and I agree completely. MH granting extensions to Doc has got us in a position that makes it nearly impossible to fire the guy.
Under an interim president as well. Should have never happened.

I am herdman you got that right and I agree completely. MH granting extensions to Doc has got us in a position that makes it nearly impossible to fire the guy.
it's just over a million dollars to buy him out now, right? that's not impossible.

The roster at the time of Pruett leaving had questionable talent. Frankly you started to see it during Leftwich's final years. The MAC was beginning to catch up to what we had.

You had several key assistant coaches leave for other opportunities too which also impacted us.

Pruett also made some (justified) resource demands for the program on the University and interim President Ferrell and threatened to quit if he didn't get what he wanted. Ferrell called his bluff. Pruett developed his "health issue" soon after.

19MU88 not sure about your quoted buyout price. Any idea how MH set up Docs buyouts? Win CUSA extension. Win bowl game - extension. So extending Docs contract each time we win a bowl game MH granted an extension. What that translates into $$$ I don’t know. Where did you get your info that you can simply say “it’s not impossible”?

I’m not 100% positive but I do recall reading his buyout was just over one million as of early December 2019.

They did make a bad hire, but go back and look at that roster. It was awful.

2005 roster results:

enough talent that a totally inept coach can win 3 games in cusa and lose another 3 games by a total of 18 points in his first season, then go 4-4 the next year while losing one of those games by a single point, go 3-9 in 2007 (lost 3 games by a total of 17 points), all while playing in the conference when it was much tougher. Snyder won 10 conference games in those first 3 years, while Doc averaged one more win per year in his first 3 years. In Snyder's last 4 seasons he won 14 conf games, in Doc's last 4 he's won 18, an average once again of one more win per year, against weaker competition.

Albert McClellan three-time All-Conference USA selection at Marshall, as well as the C-USA Defensive Player of the Year in 2006. Spent 8 years in the pros.
Ahmad Bradshaw 9 years in the pros.
Doug Legursky
Chris Hawkins
Emmanuel Span
Curtis Keyes
Dennis Thornton

Summary; Pruett didn't leave the program in bad shape, the university made a terrible hire.

I’m not 100% positive but I do recall reading his buyout was just over one million as of early December 2019.

The athletic department has had to lose close to that amount, if not more, this season alone from the lower attendance, lower sales at the concessions, Big Green donations, etc.

Reactions: cottrell75
I've never heard proof that Pruett cheated or knew cheating was happening. Do you have some proof of that?

You might have a point if "completely screws the program" means leaving enough talent behind that a totally inept coach can win 3 games in cusa and lose another 3 games by a total of 18 points in his first season, then go 4-4 the next year while losing one of those games by a single point, go 3-9 in 2007 (lost 3 games by a total of 17 points), all while playing in the conference when it was much tougher. Snyder won 10 conference games in those first 3 years, while Doc averaged one more win per year in his first 3 years. In Snyder's last 4 seasons he won 14 conf games, in Doc's last 4 he's won 18, an average once again of one more win per year, against weaker competition.

No proof Pruett cheated??? You're a f$cking idiot.

Please listen and hear for yourselves from the mouth of Doc in his own words....then ask yourself has he done what he said he would do?

The athletic department has had to lose close to that amount, if not more, this season alone from the lower attendance, lower sales at the concessions, Big Green donations, etc.
You have to figure in that much of that attendance was from season ticket sales which were already paid for.

I think a big misconception is Snyder didn’t have talent. He had better NFL-quality players than Doc has had, fact. However, he just didn’t have really any quality depth. Plus, he just wasn’t a head coach. Should have been a lifelong assistant, which he’s proven to be good at.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
How many legit guys on our current roster?

Offensively, I think we have 5 or 6 guys that could play at a number of places.

Defensively, I think we have about the same.

I think there are a number of other guys with plenty of potential.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT