ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Johnson's scholarship

No one. He is sitting on it unless something good falls in his lap, it will be for a 2016 incoming player

why sit on a scholarship when they are annually renewed? MU Basketball has had 11 guys leave in the last 24 months. Seems that filling the roster would be priority number one, especially with a large vacancy in upperclassmen. Still plenty of JUCO talent out there.

Most of the best juco talent signed in the fall. The best of the rest signed letters in April. Not sure why you think there's plenty of juco talent left.

Most of the best juco talent signed in the fall. The best of the rest signed letters in April. Not sure why you think there's plenty of juco talent left.

because I follow, heavily, college basketball recruiting and know there are still a lot of JUCO players that are better than Jay Johnson out there.

DD has a current roster of:

Brett Bowling - 6'4 walkon SG
Stevie Browning - 6'3 walkon SG
CJ Burkes - 6'3 SG
Justin Edmonds - 6'4 SG
James Kelly - 6'8 PF
Austin Loop - 6'4 SG
Milan Mijovic - 6'9 PF/C
Aleksa Nikolic - 6'5 PG
Ryan Taylor - 6'6 SF
Jon Elmore - 6'4 PG/SG
Christian Thieneman - 6'5 SF
Aleks Dozic - 6'8 PF
Terrence Thompson - 6'7 SF/PF

I'd assume he needs to add a true PG, because even though Nikolic has great size, he didn't show anything last season to say he's a team-leader.

also, no real post presence there on the roster, which I know D'antoni isn't a big proponent of in the first place

Last edited:
because I follow, heavily, college basketball recruiting and know there are still a lot of JUCO players that are better than Jay Johnson out there.

CJ Burkes - 6'3 SG
Justin Edmonds - 6'4 SG
James Kelly - 6'8 PF
Austin Loop - 6'4 SG
Milan Mijovic - 6'9 PF/C
Aleksa Nikolic - 6'5 PG
Ryan Taylor - 6'6 SF
Jon Elmore - 6'4 PG/SG
Aleks Dozic - 6'8 PF

I'd assume he needs to add a true PG, because even though Nikolic has great size, he didn't show anything last season to say he's a team-leader.

also, no real post presence there on the roster, which I know D'antoni isn't a big proponent of in the first place

I follow recruiting also. To say there's a lotv of juco talent out there is incorrect. Most, not all, of the players left have baggage.

Now if your argument is there are better juco available than Jay Johnson then I totally missed your point and withdraw my earlier statement.

well, really, my "argument" wasn't really an argument......... I just look at the roster and see all SGs, and likewise see size on the market, either by HS recruit, JUCO, or transfer......... Right now, what would the starting five and rotation be?

PG - Nikolic, Burkes
SG - Edmonds, Elmore,
SF - Taylor, Loop, Thieneman
PF - Thompson, Dozic
PF - Kelly, Mijovic

the basketball recruiting dead period ends tomorrow. Wonder if Dan will add someone?

need to add some size and leadership in order to get that comeback rolling.

Anyone that's left now has baggage or will be a prop

Isn't that the level of player that programs like Marshall need to capitalize on? The talented recruits that major programs won't touch because of outside factors?

The Rivals database shows a lot of talent still left unsigned at the PG position, some of whom are being pursued by CUSA opponents..

It's fine to add a couple players with baggage in football because there is another 100 or so players that can pick up if that player ****s up.

You can't do that in basketball, just take a look at the Herrion era

CJ Burkes - 6'3 SG
Justin Edmonds - 6'4 SG
James Kelly - 6'8 PF
Austin Loop - 6'4 SG
Milan Mijovic - 6'9 PF/C
Aleksa Nikolic - 6'5 PG
Ryan Taylor - 6'6 SF
Jon Elmore - 6'4 PG/SG
Aleks Dozic - 6'8 PF

Browning will like be our PG. Nikolic may end up at the 3 long term.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT