ADVERTISEMENT

MU PRESS RELEASE #MACtion

BTW, I'll be hosting a weekend long party at my place when the Herd visits the Zoo.

BYOBs (Bud and buds)

How many of those “beautiful Kalamazoo coeds” will be there? I was told that they stay there all year and never leave during breaks, so you should have plenty there.

How many of those “beautiful Kalamazoo coeds” will be there? I was told that they stay there all year and never leave during breaks, so you should have plenty there.
I would imagine thousands of them, since a nice percentage of the enrollment are West Michigan residents. Of course, you know most prefer the row the boat style over the Coach Jenkins offspring thuggery.

Actually, Kalamazoo might be the nicest MAC city to visit. They have come a long way from where they were when we were in the league with them. For a few years about 10 years ago, my job had me there 3-4 times a year. I was quite surprised of what a nice area it had become. The downtown area had become quite trendy.

Solid. MU ideal football schedule, IMHO, is one "step up" game, preferably one for one, but if a cash game, against a REALLY big name; a I-AA; and two teams from the MAC or SBC.

I would rather play WMU than some of the closer lightweights in Ohio.

2024 is out there a ways, and will be close to the end of the Doc era. He'll be 67 then, unless he's one of those guys that will work until he's 80.

Solid. MU ideal football schedule, IMHO, is one "step up" game, preferably one for one, but if a cash game, against a REALLY big name; a I-AA; and two teams from the MAC or SBC.

I would rather play WMU than some of the closer lightweights in Ohio.
I like that we are going to play WMU, but I don't like playing FCS schools. It is a no-win situation. The OOC should be 1 mid level P5, 1 or 2 top G5 programs, and 1 or 2 games against a MAC or Sun Belt opponent.

I like that we are going to play WMU, but I don't like playing FCS schools. It is a no-win situation. The OOC should be 1 mid level P5, 1 or 2 top G5 programs, and 1 or 2 games against a MAC or Sun Belt opponent.

PD I’m almost 100% with you but I would play if possible without taking our home schedule to 5 games 2 mid level or lower P5 games and 2 G5’s. I’m OK with both of the G5’s being MAC and or Sunbelt teams. If you can get a 1 for 1 with the American or Mountain West for one or both of the two G5 games that would be perfect.

There is no reason to play a FCS school with our SOS. As long as we play in a conference where over half the teams are bottom 100 we shouldn’t play any FCS schools.

As an addendum to my above post, with two of the 3 G5’s that we have on this years schedule being a pre season top 25 Cincinnati and Boise who no matter whether they are good or bad has the rep, if you changed VMI with a Purdue or Wake Forest type P5 this would be a great schedule for Marshall.
Hamrick has done a solid job with scheduling. Our future slates are shaping up nicely (2020 is AMAZING).

A money P5 game in 2021 would work well but would leave us with only five home games, which is not something we should or will consider doing. Maybe we will re-up with Ohio and they will come to Htown in 2021. That would mean four G5s OOC, which is not ideal even though all four games would be interesting match-ups for our fans.

09/05 - at East Carolina
09/12 - Pitt
09/19 - at Ohio
09/26 - Boise State

09/04 - at Navy
09/18 - East Carolina
09/25 - at Appalachian State

09/10 - at Notre Dame
09/17 - Appalachian State

09/02 - Navy
09/09 - at East Carolina
10/14 - Liberty
TBA - Virginia Tech

09/14 - Western Michigan
10/05 - at Liberty
TBA - at Virginia Tech

09/06 - at Western Michigan
09/13 - East Carolina

Reactions: The Real SamC
2024 is out there a ways, and will be close to the end of the Doc era. He'll be 67 then, unless he's one of those guys that will work until he's 80.

I believe the last contract extensions ran both Doc and Hamrick's deals through 2022 or 23.

As an addendum to my above post, with two of the 3 G5’s that we have on this years schedule being a pre season top 25 Cincinnati and Boise who no matter whether they are good or bad has the rep, if you changed VMI with a Purdue or Wake Forest type P5 this would be a great schedule for Marshall.

Only problem is that both Purdue and Wake are probably just like UK: won't talk to Hamrick about a game anywhere. UK tries to schedule in state FCS teams and "sure win" home wins against so-so FBS G5 schools. Did give Southern Miss a home and home deal but that was probably due to recruiting in another SEC state, Mississippi.

Would love to see the Herd and Wake get together with a home and home deal. Their stadium, Grove, is nice but about the size of the Joan. Easy trip to Winston-Salem from all over Southern WV.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
btw, please disregard my earlier reply about hosting a weekend long party.

I just realized I'll be 65 years old when that game is played, and I'll likely either be using a walker, a Walmart scooter, or worst yet, dead.
You’ll be nearing retirement or retired. Forget the weekend...retirement is a yearlong party!

Hamrick has done a solid job with scheduling. Our future slates are shaping up nicely (2020 is AMAZING).

A money P5 game in 2021 would work well but would leave us with only five home games, which is not something we should or will consider doing. Maybe we will re-up with Ohio and they will come to Htown in 2021. That would mean four G5s OOC, which is not ideal even though all four games would be interesting match-ups for our fans.

09/05 - at East Carolina
09/12 - Pitt
09/19 - at Ohio
09/26 - Boise State

09/04 - at Navy
09/18 - East Carolina
09/25 - at Appalachian State

09/10 - at Notre Dame
09/17 - Appalachian State

09/02 - Navy
09/09 - at East Carolina
10/14 - Liberty
TBA - Virginia Tech

09/14 - Western Michigan
10/05 - at Liberty
TBA - at Virginia Tech

09/06 - at Western Michigan
09/13 - East Carolina

Would love to see the Herd and OU agree to a two, or even better, four year renewal of their rivalry during the 2021-25 period. That would help complete some of the schedules in that period. Wonder if Mike has contacted, or intends to contact, the folks at South Carolina to see if they would offer us another 1 game deal like the one that got wiped out by the Hurricane last fall?? Finally, I'd love to see another game or games with the Wolfpack of NC State.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
We couldn't ask for a better and balanced OOC than the 2020 slate. 2023 is damn top notch as well. Mike has done a really nice job on the scheduling.

btw, please disregard my earlier reply about hosting a weekend long party.

I just realized I'll be 65 years old when that game is played, and I'll likely either be using a walker, a Walmart scooter, or worst yet, dead.

YOUNGSTER.
........I'm 71 right now and hope to be dancin' at WMU....I will bring my own "Shine."

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

AGREED....if my memory serves me correctly....
The Deacons have said NO in the past about playing OUR HERD.....in football.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Halfway through the work day, and I tend to believe you have a valid point. Walden was probably right in his many forum writings.
I'm only 40, but I have young kids and 99% of my life is doing stuff I have to do on behalf of other people, and at this point I'm cool with knowing this ends eventually.

Now if I reach 65, kids are grown and gone, my wife is back to her high school weight and my dick somehow still works, I might feel differently.

And that's when I'll get cancer.

AGREED....if my memory serves me correctly....The Deacons have said NO in the past about playing OUR HERD.....in football.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

What I meant was that level of P5 not saying those particular two teams. Wake Forest, Purdue, Indiana, North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Boston College type of teams.
Due to the fact a G5 and yes I include the American will never be in the championship playoff as it exists today, I don’t see the need for Marshall to play a top 5 program. 99 times out of 100 if Marshall plays the current group of top 5 teams they are not just going to lose but get stomped. Especially considering the above mentioned G5 schools would pay you similar and if any of them came to Huntington would be a crowd of either sold out or 35K plus.

Since Marshall has been back in IA the only team we have had that I would have liked to have seen play a top tier team would have been the 1999 team, and the only reason I think they could have played with anyone is due to the fact there were so many kids who made NFL rosters that were on that team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT