ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL GAME THREAD MU vs Toledo bball

Chevy1

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 26, 2002
Dumpster fire so far...losing 21 points with a min to go in the 1st half

For an offense designed around the 3, seems like we could hit a few more of them.

Kinsey...so far this season, too many missed shots and too many turnovers.

Hopefully, we can get it together during conference play.

Outside of Kinsey, is there a player on this team that would have gotten any minutes on any Jones or Herrion team? I could see Kinsey playing a Dennis Tinnon role.

Killen seems to be the real deal. He’s the only one playing with consistency.

He is sick tonight and you see what happens.

Kinsey...so far this season, too many missed shots and too many turnovers.

I have felt that about Kinsey during the previous seasons as well. And yet some here held him to be an NBA lottery pick last year...

No post game show by Danny is embarrassing. It's over. I'm really disappointed Danny didn't have the balls to address those listening. He's a coward. Hillbilly ball is only fun when you have Elmore and are winning. He won't be our coach next fall if O'Malley is the AD and has balls. A new AD will replace Danny day 1. His sister can't protect him...

Last edited:
No post game show by Danny is embarrassing. It's over. I'm really disappointed Danny didn't have the balls to address those listening. He's a coward. Hillbilly ball is only fun when you have Elmore and are winning. He won't be our coach next fall if O'Malley is the AD and has balls. A new AD will replace Danny day 1. His sister can't protect him...

He did do a post-game interview. Was hard on himself and the team.

Edit for link:

He did do a post-game interview. Was hard on himself and the team.

Edit for link:
He's clearly distraught over it. That's a good sign. Hate to see someone sad, but at least it shows he's not completely tuned out.

Unlike our other coach he didn't point fingers and makes excuses.

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but I just don't think we have good enough players from top to bottom.

It also doesn't help that Toledo couldn't miss and MU couldn't score. MU didn't defend in the first half either. The lack of a "real" center is on display every game. I was almost expecting to see Dwight Freeman on the sidelines. That was painful to watch.

What should be on DDs Christmas list. A true big man that is a basketball player. 2 big forwards that can shoot and a point guard that can get the ball to the shooters. I'm still waiting for the shots to fall. Don't you think if they could shoot the shots would fall from the first game.

So, are we still contending the program is moving forward? WOW!
Nope.

This is a mediocre team and program. It plays in a weak league and plays, mostly, an unambitious non-conference schedule, otherwise the gaps would be yet more obvious. Many of the players simply do not belong at this level. The gimmick play style does not work. Once, from 4th place it had and 8 day hot streak. So?

We are learning the difference between winning a press conference, and winning.

Reactions: Ninegate
Nope.

This is a mediocre team and program. It plays in a weak league and plays, mostly, an unambitious non-conference schedule, otherwise the gaps would be yet more obvious. Many of the players simply do not belong at this level. The gimmick play style does not work. Once, from 4th place it had and 8 day hot streak. So?

We are learning the difference between winning a press conference, and winning.
I can’t believe you’re seeing the glass half full. I think this program is well below mediocre right now.

He did skip the Steve Cotton post game interview. I am not convinced his anger was not a little dramatized to deflect some of the attention away from him. I could be wrong but that is the first impression I got when I heard it after the game.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
What should be on DDs Christmas list. A true big man that is a basketball player. 2 big forwards that can shoot and a point guard that can get the ball to the shooters. I'm still waiting for the shots to fall. Don't you think if they could shoot the shots would fall from the first game.
It’s been 8 years. Has he ever brought in a good big? What your post says is that he hasn’t recruited anything he needs. I doubt Santa is going to do it for him.

So does UNC, UK, and Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT