ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD NC State

he was just recognized as one of the top offensive players this week. he's not an nfl guy or a great qb. however, we've given up over 80 in the last two games and people are harping on the QB.

we always get a theme and most everyone sticks to it.......my guess is we will hear this all year long and maybe his entire career. with each loss or bad game it will get louder and with each win quieter but the same blah blah blah blah while ignoring every other facet of the team.
I think criticizing turning the ball over, via interceptions and fumbles, giving the opposing team's offense a short field is fair criticism. I also think criticizing the defense for giving up the huge. long yardage scoring plays we've seen this year is fair.

At best, Cam is an avg QB when looking at statistics. He's never going to be a consistent long ball threat. We've had guys open down the field and he cant get them the ball. This also has begun to hurt our run game, because opponents are loading the box against the run and saying..."go ahead and try and beat us through the air, we dont think you can". This makes the run game harder to block based on the scheme we are playing.

Ali's stats dont look horrible, until you look at a large chunk of his yardage has happened on just a handful of long yardage breakaways later in the games. Without those, he's also had an avg season so far. Fingers crossed he can stay healthy. Not sure he is built to take the beating Laborn did last year.

I agree with Huff, everyone on the team has to stop making mistakes. Receivers need to stop dropping good passes they actually get, Line needs to block more effectively, Defense needs to make stops and allowing big plays at critical points. I still think the pieces are there to have a very good team this year, but they are going to have to change up the things they've been neglecting to execute if they want a chance to play for a league title.

One other thought:
We ran 90 plays to Pack’s 66. Seems like that should have been an advantage, and I guess speaks to play calling & execution….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT