ADVERTISEMENT

NCST changing starting QB to ...

Morris is more athletic and will be tougher to contain... If the guy who is supposedly the better passer (Armstrong) is struggling (6 INTS, 5 TDs, 160 YPG) then you might as well change it up.

Doeren probably isn't on the hot seat yet, but the way their season is going thus far, he might be very soon. The back half of their schedule is pretty brutal - They have Marshall, Duke, Clemson, Miami all in a row and then UNC the last week of the year. At 3-2 there is no guarantee they win six games.

Morris is more athletic and will be tougher to contain... If the guy who is supposedly the better passer (Armstrong) is struggling (6 INTS, 5 TDs, 160 YPG) then you might as well change it up.

Doeren probably isn't on the hot seat yet, but the way their season is going thus far, he might be very soon. The back half of their schedule is pretty brutal - They have Marshall, Duke, Clemson, Miami all in a row and then UNC the last week of the year. At 3-2 there is no guarantee they win six games.
I actually disagree. He had only had 88 yards on 49 carries last season. He also has appeared in action since last November. Curious as to why you consider Morris to be the more athletic of the two considering it's Armstrong that is the runner. Rushing for 1,553 yards and 23 TDs over his career.

I actually disagree. He had only had 88 yards on 49 carries last season. He also has appeared in action since last November. Curious as to why you consider Morris to be the more athletic of the two considering it's Armstrong that is the runner. Rushing for 1,553 yards and 23 TDs over his career.
I didn't even think about last season... I remember seeing Morris play at Carrolton High School and he was a true "dual threat." He's also a pretty physical runner for a guy who isn't huge (listed at 6'2, 200).

I wasn't trying to knock Armstrong as a runner, just pointing out that Doeren went with him to start the year because he was perceived to be the better passer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT