ADVERTISEMENT

New scoreboards?

Seems like a waste of money for soccer. As infrequently as teams score, they could just pay some cheerleaders a few bucks to run out every half hour or so and hold up a 1 or a 0.
Nah, good investment for soccer. Keeps the program at a high level.
Our soccer coach ain't scared to play the big boys.

I saw the renderings on Twitter. For football it's a great upgrade. I always kinda hated the "M" shaped scoreboards. I'd really love for them to shrink the video on the Shewey and not cover so much of the building.

I also hope they replace the sound system and maybe add some bass this time. They went cheap when they put in the current system.

I notice the football rendering shows the scoreboard right above our new "party deck" area in the end zone after the green metal bleachers are scrapped. It's a good look if the rendering is anywhere close to how it actually turns out.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I notice the football rendering shows the scoreboard right above our new "party deck" area in the end zone after the green metal bleachers are scrapped. It's a good look if the rendering is anywhere close to how it actually turns out.
I'd say the end zone suites are a few years away. As you said, dress it up as best they can. Tables with big umbrellas. Concessions or food trucks would make a nice area

Reactions: RhinoD
I saw the renderings on Twitter. For football it's a great upgrade. I always kinda hated the "M" shaped scoreboards. I'd really love for them to shrink the video on the Shewey and not cover so much of the building.

I also hope they replace the sound system and maybe add some bass this time. They went cheap when they put in the current system.
Too much Treble in Thunderstruck?

I'd say the end zone suites are a few years away. As you said, dress it up as best they can. Tables with big umbrellas. Concessions or food trucks would make a nice area
One of the few things I really like about UNC Charlotte's football stadium is that they have consessions where you can still see the game while waiting in line... Its not a huge deal, but its nice... The new end zone area could offer that, go grab a beer and not miss a play while waiting in line. Put in a railing with a narrow table top so people can stand and enjoy their beverage, a few picnic tables, etc. It doesn't have to reinvent the wheel to be a nice addition to the atmosphere while also eliminating the unnecessary metal bleachers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT