ADVERTISEMENT

NIL gone wrong

NIL money is not an actual attempt to buy advertising. In the real world, a celebrity endorsement is an attempt to increase sales. For example, recently Hertz has been running ads with Tom Brady. Whoever owns Hertz is betting that some number of people will be influenced by this and it will recoup more $$ in increased sales than it pays Brady. That is real.

NIL isn't that, at the college level or the high school level. No one actually thinks that paying a player is actually going to increase sales by a profitable amount. It is, rather, about getting into a d*** measuring contest with fans of the other teams. No one cares about the name, image or likeness of any of these players. They are just paying them to play for "their" school and not the other. And, at the high school level, recruiting kids, generally by setting up no work jobs for parents, has been going on forever. (If you don't believe me, check out who is the girl's coach at Greenbrier East). This is just the new version of that. There are 1000s of people, many of them self-appointed coaches, that will recruit players at the high school level.

"Hi I'm Delmar from Redneck HS. You know, when me and my buddies head to the lake to catch some big cats, we stop by I.P. Freeley's bait shop for all our supplies." ....................

• Haha
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT