ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State's missed field goal

OHIO St played a very good game. I give then that. But the Big 10 is weak. Outside od Michigan ans Ohio State the league is just mediocre.

Neither Big 10 team.made the championship.

Frankly the 4 best teams were not in the playoff.

Reactions: The Real SamC
OHIO St played a very good game. I give then that. But the Big 10 is weak. Outside od Michigan ans Ohio State the league is just mediocre.

Wait…. How can you say the four best teams were not in the playoffs when the two losing teams had the ball with a chance to win In the last 30 seconds???????

What were your four best teams? I know you’re not going to include tcu which beat Michigan. So please enlighten us.

What were your four best teams? I know you’re not going to include tcu which beat Michigan. So please enlighten us.
Frankly Michigan is a 3 or 4 loss team in the SEC. They bear Ohio State by 23 on their home.field.

You saw what happened to thr Big 12 champ when they played the third place west team from the SEC. They could have lost by 40 or 50 to a team that was playing a ton of freshman ans sophomores.

Franky Tennessee and Clemosn were better than the Big 10 teams along with Alabama.

Frankly Michigan is a 3 or 4 loss team in the SEC. They bear Ohio State by 23 on their home.field.

You saw what happened to thr Big 12 champ when they played the third place west team from the SEC. They could have lost by 40 or 50 to a team that was playing a ton of freshman ans sophomores.

Franky Tennessee and Clemosn were better than the Big 10 teams along with Alabama.

Good Lord

Runner up big 10 team that would “lose three or four” games in the sec, missed a short field goal basically on the road against the sec champs. And they do so with their best offensive player sitting on the sidelines.
Judy think if they had to go do it again next week and the week after. I said outside of Ohio State and Michigan the Big 10 is mediocrity.

In the old days Ohio State would have dropped from 3to 10 in the ranking after losing by 23 on their home field.

The playoff will expand in a few years . The committee had no real choice this year. They view one loss or no losses in weaker leagues better.

Hats off to TCU for besting the Big 2 champion.

The sec is 4-5 this bowl season. Florida got waxed. Missouri got beat by wake. Arkansas blew a 25 point lead and needed 3 overtime’s to beat Kansas. Notre dame beat so car. The lane train got derailed by Texas tech. You just spew you’re usual uneducated opinion just like you do on Pullman.

The sec is 4-5 this bowl season. Florida got waxed. Missouri got beat by wake. Arkansas blew a 25 point lead and needed 3 overtime’s to beat Kansas. Notre dame beat so car. The lane train got derailed by Texas tech. You just spew you’re usual uneducated opinion just like you do on Pullman.

Bowl games are hard to judge now. So many teams have players that don't play.

Tell me how you can lose by 23 on your home field and make the playoff? Blow out game

The Big 10 is not as strong top to bottom. The Big 10 simply is not good enough to merit two teams in a 4 team playoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elkview
Bowl games are hard to judge now. So many teams have players that don't play.

Tell me how you can lose by 23 on your home field and make the playoff? Blow out game

The Big 10 is not as strong top to bottom. The Big 10 simply is not good enough to merit two teams in a 4 team playoff.
Tell me how you can finish fourth in your conference and still should make the playoff.

I think I read somewhere that Ohio st. is like 1-9 in bowl games against the SEC

Also they are 2-11 total against SEC teams.

Ohio State and Michigan would be .500 teams in the SEC. That is the reality, this year, every year. It is simply put a higher level of football. Or, put another way, about 10 of the SEC teams would win the other conferences easily. This "well but whatbaout this bowl or that bowl" nonsense is silly. Bowl results have nothing to do with how great the teams in the league are.

Reactions: Elkview
If you do t think Ohio state and Michigan could compete in the sec then I’ve got some beach front property in New Mexico to sell you real cheap. I despise Ohio state, my uncle played for bear Bryant, my dad and brother both went to auburn. I’m a sec guy but that argument doesn’t hold water. Michigan absolutely deserved to be in the final four. You’re not going to put in a 2 regular season loss Alabama team over a 1 loss osu. It’s just not going to happen.

Reactions: Refiner's Fire
If you do t think Ohio state and Michigan could compete in the sec then I’ve got some beach front property in New Mexico to sell you real cheap. I despise Ohio state, my uncle played for bear Bryant, my dad and brother both went to auburn. I’m a sec guy but that argument doesn’t hold water. Michigan absolutely deserved to be in the final four. You’re not going to put in a 2 regular season loss Alabama team over a 1 loss osu. It’s just not going to happen.
Don't disagree but would love to the committee to explain their quality loss which was a 20 point plus loss on their home field.

They just seem to say well one loss you are because of who you are. At least TCUs loss was close to a top 10 team.

The best thing happened last night. Both Big 10 teams lost.

You’re not going to put in a 2 regular season loss Alabama team over a 1 loss osu. It’s just not going to happen.

Well, you'd have to add Alabama's margin of losses for both games and multiply by 6 to exceed the one game OSU lost.

And haven't we heard in the past it's when the losses occur??? Though OSU played well yesterday they, and the Big 10, got a gift...

Alabama was just not as dominant this year. They struggled through the sec. Osu was blowing people out. Style points matter. It doesn’t matter at this point. with the expanded playoff coming all of these points are moot and number of losses making conf championship won’t matter

Reactions: KyMUfan
Alabama was just not as dominant this year. They struggled through the sec. Osu was blowing people out. Style points matter. It doesn’t matter at this point. with the expanded playoff coming all of these points are moot and number of losses making conf championship won’t matter

You mean the two Top 20 teams that OSU did beat by a combined 24 points, including the one MU beat a week later?

They got a gift though Alabama, or anyone else for that matter, didn't do anything to standout from the field.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had not Tennessee had the meltdown against the Gamecocks...

Sometimes we forget how important matches are in assessing and comparing just how good teams really are. On any given day...

And I just wanted to talk about Mike Nugent's kick.

OfftheRails.jpg

Ohio State and Michigan would be .500 teams in the SEC. That is the reality, this year, every year. It is simply put a higher level of football. Or, put another way, about 10 of the SEC teams would win the other conferences easily. This "well but whatbaout this bowl or that bowl" nonsense is silly. Bowl results have nothing to do with how great the teams in the league are.
You said Marshall would be .500 or below this year too. Stick to TV and wvu bashing, you are way better at those topics

I saw the ball drop and tOSU miss theor kick at the same time. I knew 2023 was gonna be good.

I hate it for that kicker though because he didn't just miss it. He hooked it badly. He'll probably never recover mentally and he's probably already receiving death threats. Stroud has.

Day let up when they got into "range". There was plenty of time left to push the ball a bit more and Stroud was moving the ball pretty well that drive.

I still hate tOSU and now I am hoping TCU beats Jawjuh.

Hmmm...

Today's scores are...

Mississippi St 19 - Illinois 10

LSU 49 - Purdue 0...

You might not like someone but he ain't necessarily wrong...

Hmmm...

Today's scores are...

Mississippi St 19 - Illinois 10

LSU 49 - Purdue 0...

You might not like someone but he ain't necessarily wrong...
He was saying Ohio state didn’t belong in the playoff. He made the sec out to be better than the nfc east. I pointed out how asinine that assumption was. They had their struggles was my point. Was the big 10 top heavy? Yeah but so was the sec.

He was saying Ohio state didn’t belong in the playoff. He made the sec out to be better than the nfc east. I pointed out how asinine that assumption was. They had their struggles was my point. Was the big 10 top heavy? Yeah but so was the sec.
Ohio State didn't deserve to be in the playoff because they got hammercocked on their home field the last game of the season. It wasn't like they lost on a last second field goal. They were hammercocked.

Ohio State didn't deserve to be in the playoff because they got hammercocked on their home field the last game of the season. It wasn't like they lost on a last second field goal. They were hammercocked.
Ok and the took the consensus number one team all year down to the wire in a road game, leading a lot of the game and a chance to win as time expired

Ok and the took the consensus number one team all year down to the wire in a road game
Ok in a one game scenario where they didn't deserve the shot. That's the point.

The committee says well we will just take who has 0 or 1 loss and put them in. If you get shell shocked by the then #2 team and you are #3 on your HOME field by 3tds's you don't deserve to be in there. Again, TCU played a close game, Ohio State did not.

Don't worry Big 10 USC is coming. They just lost to Tulane.

That was a snarky comment, I actually look for USC to do very well.

nice win by Tulane. outside of a few heavyweights, there is competitive parity in CFB

Ok in a one game scenario where they didn't deserve the shot. That's the point.

The committee says well we will just take who has 0 or 1 loss and put them in. If you get shell shocked by the then #2 team and you are #3 on your HOME field by 3tds's you don't deserve to be in there. Again, TCU played a close game, Ohio State did not.
Ok they lost to Michigan in a one game scenario. It’s your exact argument. Who would you put in? Tennessee? They lost to South Carolina. Alabama? Lost to tenn and lsu. Clemson? Nope they were trash

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT