ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Minter

muthed

Silver Buffalo
Aug 25, 2018
Rick Minter, Marshall's greatest head football coach (% wise) has been named to replace fired Michigan LB coach Chris Partridge. Minter had a record of 1-0 as the interim head coach of the Herd for the 200

Rick Minter, Marshall's greatest head football coach (% wise) has been named to replace fired Michigan LB coach Chris Partridge. Minter had a record of 1-0 as the interim head coach of the Herd for the 200
Forgot all about that. I seem to recall he was head coach at Cincy back when we were in the MAC and used to be able to mop the floor with them.

Forgot all about that. I seem to recall he was head coach at Cincy back when we were in the MAC and used to be able to mop the floor with them.
I believe we only played Cincinnati twice during the MAC days…we beat them in the Motor City Bowl, and they beat us in the Ft Worth Bowl.

Yes after the move to C-USA.

Overall in the last 25-30 years I believe we’re 1-1 in bowl games

1-1 in games at Cincinnati and 0-2 in games played here.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Cincinnati: UC leads series 9-4-1
Year.... Date . Result.. Score ......................... Site
1906...... 10/6..........Tie........ 0-0 ........ Cincinnati
1933.... 10/21........Lost......0-19 ....................Cincinnati
i1934...... 11/3........Lost........ 0-7 ....................Cincinnati
1935...... 11/9........Lost... 13-39 .................Huntington
1936.... 10/17........Lost......7-13 ....................Cincinnati
1937.... 11/13.......Won......28-0 .................Huntington
1938.... 11/12.......Won......27-9 ....................Cincinnati
1946...... 10/5........Lost... 14-39 ....................Cincinnati
2000.....12/27.......Won... 25-14 .............Pontiac, Mich.
2004.....12/23........Lost... 14-32 ......Fort Worth, Texas
2007.......9/22........Lost... 14-40 ....................Cincinnati
2008.......10/3........Lost... 10-33 .................Huntington
2017.......9/30.......Won... 38-21 ....................Cincinnati
i2019.......9/28........Lost... 14-52 .................Huntington

I wonder what UM nepotism rules are, his son is the DC at UM. and that would be his direct supervisor.

He was named interim head coach because Snyder was shit canned.
Correct...I believe, as far as interim head coaches, between Pruett and Snyder was Coach Keuk (sp?) and then Minter between Snyder and Holliday.

I don't recall if anyone was named interim before Huff.

I wonder what UM nepotism rules are, his son is the DC at UM. and that would be his direct supervisor.
Nobody has this in college sports that I can think of. Harbaugh's son has been on the staff for several years. Iowa's OC was Kirk's son. Many other examples are out there, including geauxherd being Bobby Pruett's illegitimate son.

Correct...I believe, as far as interim head coaches, between Pruett and Snyder was Coach Keuk (sp?) and then Minter between Snyder and Holliday.

I don't recall if anyone was named interim before Huff.
Kueck. I had a few classes with one of his daughters.

Nobody has this in college sports that I can think of. Harbaugh's son has been on the staff for several years. Iowa's OC was Kirk's son. Many other examples are out there, including geauxherd being Bobby Pruett's illegitimate son.
They do. There are state laws in some areas that require different supervisors.

Iowa’s OC was/is (kind of) the HC’s son, but the OC reports to the athletic director as a result of state laws. The AD terminated him at the end of this season instead of the HC doing it. Edsall at UConn got hit with a nepotism violation by the state a handful of years ago.

Jim Donnan had a hard time when he hired Todd It may have accelerated his exit

Minter was 53-63 at Cincy. Man some of you love the sentimental picks. Just like those wanting Lambert.

Can we please go pluck an FCS cosch that has proven that they can build and sustain winning?

They do. There are state laws in some areas that require different supervisors.

Iowa’s OC was/is (kind of) the HC’s son, but the OC reports to the athletic director as a result of state laws. The AD terminated him at the end of this season instead of the HC doing it. Edsall at UConn got hit with a nepotism violation by the state a handful of years ago.
Thank you my friend for clearing it up. I was only aware of select laws in flyover states, as well as some of the poorest states in the union.

• Haha
Reactions: riflearm2
Minter was 53-63 at Cincy. Man some of you love the sentimental picks. Just like those wanting Lambert.

Can we please go pluck an FCS cosch that has proven that they can build and sustain winning?
I don’t think anyone is advocating for him to be named the coach at this time.

Also if you knew anything about the Cincinnati program where it was when Minter took over to where it was when he left is incredible. He took them to their first bowl games since the early 50’s, got the facilities improved and got people interested in going to games that hadn’t been in years…..

Perhaps could’ve been a good hire 15 years ago but he’s not interested in a HC job now….and we won’t be looking for a HC either til at least next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT