ADVERTISEMENT

siap Huff to Louisville.....according to Mike Farrell 1/5

His resume is not strong enough to get an ACC job. But as we have seen, some hirings don't follow logic. Huff needs two more years at MU with success and then he will be very attractive to larger schools.

Reactions: Jartard
They will hire Brohm is he wants to come back to Lvlle from Purdue.

Can somebody clarify what our stance is today? Are we in the post-Notre Dame mood where we're fearing losing Huff, or are we in the post-Bowling Green/Troy losses where we want to see anybody take him?
I'm in the.....who cares? If he leaves, onto the next coach category. He did an excellent job to end the year, but he has done nothing more than what doc accomplished.

I'm in the.....who cares? If he leaves, onto the next coach category. He did an excellent job to end the year, but he has done nothing more than what doc accomplished.
By firing Doc(as we should have) we said that 9-10 win runner-up seasons are not good enough. The bar for success is winning the conference.

You can't fire someone that has had your teal ranked, in the championship game, won Conference CoY, and then accept someone else achieving less.

Credit to Huff for doing the one thing Doc couldn't do which is keep the team from imploding. Still since he's been at the helm we've had too many embarrassing losses and squandered opportunites.

I don't know what P5 in their right mind would hire him away at this point. Maybe if we blow UCONN's doors off. Time will tell.

Can somebody clarify what our stance is today? Are we in the post-Notre Dame mood where we're fearing losing Huff, or are we in the post-Bowling Green/Troy losses where we want to see anybody take him?
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

By firing Doc(as we should have) we said that 9-10 win runner-up seasons are not good enough. The bar for success is winning the conference.

You can't fire someone that has had your teal ranked, in the championship game, won Conference CoY, and then accept someone else achieving less.

Credit to Huff for doing the one thing Doc couldn't do which is keep the team from imploding. Still since he's been at the helm we've had too many embarrassing losses and squandered opportunites.

I don't know what P5 in their right mind would hire him away at this point. Maybe if we blow UCONN's doors off. Time will tell.
Doc tanked a ton of games as well. Pruett had a few stinkers too. It happens. Doc won an average of just over 7 games a year in 11 years.

Doc tanked a ton of games as well. Pruett had a few stinkers too. It happens. Doc won an average of just over 7 games a year in 11 years.
There's stinkers and then there's blowing 17 point leads at home with 7 minutes to go. Still that's not the point. One can be happy that we aren't missing a bowl and still be unsatisfied with the overall performance. Until Huff surpasses what Doc did then it cannot be viewed as a success. Status quo should not be acceptable. It got the last dude fired.

Pruett had so few stinkers most can name every one and it was 20 years ago. If I recall, he lost less than 5 games in 9 years to teams with a losing record. Huff has already lost more home games in 2 years than Pruett did in nine.

Point is, Pruett shouldn’t be in this conversation.

Pruett had so few stinkers most can name every one and it was 20 years ago. If I recall, he lost less than 5 games in 9 years to teams with a losing record. Huff has already lost more home games in 2 years than Pruett did in nine.

Point is, Pruett shouldn’t be in this conversation.
Just stating it happens to everyone. Huff is not great BUT he has a better record than Doc after year two, playing a tougher schedule and beat ND. Doc would have puckered at ND and been blown out like most to the times we played P5 or high G5 while he was here.

Huff to Louisville? Must be going there to pick up some coaching tips from Brohm.

I didn't say he was going to Purdue, that Purdue would be more likely than Lvlle because they would hire Brohm, and guess what, they have.

Brohm to Louisville is all but done. Huff will need to have better seasons if he plans to move up to the Power 5 ranks as a head coach.

This article says Huff has Marshall trending upward. Yes, MU won 8 and lost 4, but that was with a stellar defense to go along with an offense that was a stinking mess. Imagine what could have been had we had an offense that could score points.
Definitely need much improvement offensively, especially in the HERD pass attack. In those familiar words out of the past, "we've got to get that fixed"!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Huff is building his HC experience here yes and he will not leave if ever until he makes that decision!
No one on this board or else where have that crystal ball voodoo insight to what will be his future!

Reactions: horsrman
Just stating it happens to everyone. Huff is not great BUT he has a better record than Doc after year two, playing a tougher schedule and beat ND. Doc would have puckered at ND and been blown out like most to the times we played P5 or high G5 while he was here.
Neither one is that great. Still we're paying more money for basically the same results. Also Doc took over a team 1 month before NSD that had barely backed into a bowl game and Huff took over a division champion with all-conference type talent on both sides of the ball.

I hope Huff continues to improve, but we'll see how well this team performs when both sides of the ball is comprised of only Huff players. Oh and special teams has been pretty bad since he took over.

Neither one is that great. Still we're paying more money for basically the same results. Also Doc took over a team 1 month before NSD that had barely backed into a bowl game and Huff took over a division champion with all-conference type talent on both sides of the ball.

I hope Huff continues to improve, but we'll see how well this team performs when both sides of the ball is comprised of only Huff players. Oh and special teams has been pretty bad since he took over.
We can nit pick over every team and every coach that's been here. It is what it is.
We'll see what happens in the bowl.
Frankly, I don't care who our coach is, or if he stays or goes. As long as we win and have a solid, clean program

If Huff leaves, we can pickup Niumatalolo.
Navy made a huge mistake. Winning at a service academy is one of the hardest things there is. You cannot really recruit. The players have to go to one of the hardest colleges in the world. No NIL. Six or more years in the military afterwards. Players have to be 4.0 high school Eagle Scout types.

Dude was 109-83, took Navy to 11 bowl games, had a winning record vs Army and Air Force, and beat Notre Dame once.

Navy made a huge mistake. Winning at a service academy is one of the hardest things there is. You cannot really recruit. The players have to go to one of the hardest colleges in the world. No NIL. Six or more years in the military afterwards. Players have to be 4.0 high school Eagle Scout types.

Dude was 109-83, took Navy to 11 bowl games, had a winning record vs Army and Air Force, and beat Notre Dame once.
Totally agree... Being a consistent winner at a service academy this day and age is extremely difficult. I would think he will get another chance at a non-academy if he wants one.

I'm in the "When the same success rate since Pruett is basically the same across the board, thats pretty much an indicator of what our program is, and we should stop over expecting things from our coaching staffs" category

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT