ADVERTISEMENT

So Is Andy Taylor

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Still on the team or off the team. Keep seeing conflicting reports. Anyone know for sure?

Looks like you're just a few minutes too early with your post, just entered the portal a few minutes ago.
Hits transfer portal
May 8, 2023
Taylor has entered the transfer portal, VerbalCommits.com reports.
ANALYSIS
Taylor is coming off a a spectacular senior season with Marshall in which he averaged 20.2 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 2.6 three-pointers, and 2.1 steals per contest. He also shot a very solid 36.4 percent from behind the arc last season. Taylor is going to generate a lot of interest in the portal from teams who missed out one some bigger name guards earlier in the cycle.

I wasn’t completely sold on Taylor. He takes a ton of shots to get his points. But losing him hurts us pretty bad. Next season could be really ugly.

Reactions: Jartard
Loved Taylor. BUT - when the better teams in the league put a talented defender on him, he tended to disappear. Fortunately, Kinsey was there to pick up the slack. He will struggle mightily to get his shot off vs P5 defenders, plus he’s just not quick enough or physical enough, + not a great defender.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I'm sure he's a nice kid, but I dont see this as a huge loss... Yes he scores well for a PG, I get that... But he is an absolutely awful defender, turns it over a ton (and at bad times), and doesn't handle bigger/more physical defenders well.

One thing is for sure, there are going to be a bunch of new faces getting major minutes next year.

I'm sure he's a nice kid, but I dont see this as a huge loss... Yes he scores well for a PG, I get that... But he is an absolutely awful defender, turns it over a ton (and at bad times), and doesn't handle bigger/more physical defenders well.

One thing is for sure, there are going to be a bunch of new faces getting major minutes next year.
What's the status of McKee? Did he RS last year or was he injured?

HD article this morning about it. What if he decides to come back, would DD take him back?

Yep, there's a NEW Sheriff in Mayberry. Barney Fife is now IN CHARGE of the Jail there.

Unfortunately, Barney is also currently running the MU Men's basketball program for the foreseeable future too!!

HD article this morning about it. What if he decides to come back, would DD take him back?
I don't see him returning, unless he doesn't want to play at the highest level. He has a long list of teams that have reached out to him, many of which are some pretty good teams. I know Michigan has reached out to him in the last 24-48 hours, although, they're probably going to suck next year, unless they're able to acquire a couple of the top transfers available. It's still hit or miss though, as you don't know how well 5-6 new transfers will gel together as a team. Kind of messed up, not knowing who the hell is on your team until a few months prior to practice beginning.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
He won’t be able to compete well in higher levels. He’s too sloppy with the ball and doesn’t pass well. He’s also a turnover machine 1 on 1. Any real pressure and he’ll fold. I honestly can’t see him doing any better anywhere else.

I’m not upset he’s leaving. Hopefully he’s leaving for a better name on a degree

He won’t be able to compete well in higher levels. He’s too sloppy with the ball and doesn’t pass well. He’s also a turnover machine 1 on 1. Any real pressure and he’ll fold. I honestly can’t see him doing any better anywhere else.

I’m not upset he’s leaving. Hopefully he’s leaving for a better name on a degree
While you're not wrong. I do wonder how much of that stems from Dan's green light offense. Players can just jack it up from anywhere at anytime and when we start getting loose and careless with the ball Dan hardly ever calls a timeout to reign them in.

Maybe better structure will be good for Taylor. Also maybe playing the 2 instead of running point could be good for him as well.

While you're not wrong. I do wonder how much of that stems from Dan's green light offense. Players can just jack it up from anywhere at anytime and when we start getting loose and careless with the ball Dan hardly ever calls a timeout to reign them in.

Maybe better structure will be good for Taylor. Also maybe playing the 2 instead of running point could be good for him as well.

There we go. Yet another Dan Slam. You are getting pretty good at this.

• Sad
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Committed to Miss State. I know people are going to transfer, but to make it sound like you are staying and then bail at the last minute rubs me the wrong way. Guess I have a new team to be against.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT