ADVERTISEMENT

Some interesting nuggets to pass along on the Dan/Corny situation

Chris McLaughlin

Grammar Snob
Staff
Feb 14, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
marshall.rivals.com
Lots of good chatter here but I wanted to separate these tidbits out into their own thread so no one missed them.

• Kevin Keatts at NCSU tried to hire Corny as their #2 at the end of last year. To retain him, we wrote a coach-in-waiting clause into his contract. Its my understanding there were financial impacts with the clause if it was not honored. Corny was also pursued by NC A&T (I believe).
  • Corny's contract is for two years, making the same salary as Dan. No buyouts, just as there were no buyouts in Dan's contract.
  • Huggins may have been on the wish list for some of our bigger donors, but he was never considered as Dan's replacement. It was always going to be Corny.
  • Things started to turn for Dan last week during his year-end meeting with Spears and Brad. Brad was not happy with how it went and his 180 on Dan was the reason this happened.
  • Williams and Caldwell are staying on as assistants. Decision on Cline is TBD, but Cline and Corny are VERY close.
  • 2024 signee Will Moore is all in with Corny. He's bummed about Dan but is not looking to get out of his LOI. Have not heard back from our other 2024 signee Erich Harding.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News