ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla Trucks

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
If you have one, you have awful taste.

A neighbor bought one a few weeks ago. He is a nice guy, but I am a bit anti-social, so I avoid him like all of us do with reading '88's posts. But he caught me today as I walked by his house. His Tesla truck was in his driveway, and he couldn't wait to show it to me. I saw things that I didn't care about. He wanted me to throw a baseball at the driver's window, which I didn't do, because who the fvck walks around with a baseball? So he went in his garage and came out with a golf ball. He wanted me to throw it at the window. I refused. Sure, a big part of me wanted to throw it as hard as I can and watch that fvcker shatter, but I told him I was too banged up from my accident.

He boasted about how fast it is (2.6, 0-60; outruns a Porsche 911 even while it is towing a 911).

But it's fvcking ugly. It makes everybody look at you. Everybody already looks at me and/or wants to take pictures with me. Why would I want more attention? Don't get one. Don't be that guy.

If you have one, you have awful taste.

A neighbor bought one a few weeks ago. He is a nice guy, but I am a bit anti-social, so I avoid him like all of us do with reading '88's posts. But he caught me today as I walked by his house. His Tesla truck was in his driveway, and he couldn't wait to show it to me. I saw things that I didn't care about. He wanted me to throw a baseball at the driver's window, which I didn't do, because who the fvck walks around with a baseball? So he went in his garage and came out with a golf ball. He wanted me to throw it at the window. I refused. Sure, a big part of me wanted to throw it as hard as I can and watch that fvcker shatter, but I told him I was too banged up from my accident.

He boasted about how fast it is (2.6, 0-60; outruns a Porsche 911 even while it is towing a 911).

But it's fvcking ugly. It makes everybody look at you. Everybody already looks at me and/or wants to take pictures with me. Why would I want more attention? Don't get one. Don't be that guy.
Warning Red Flag GIF

As a Tesla owner, if I was going for an electric truck I'd go with the Ford Lightning then the Rivian R1T. I stopped and looked at the Cybertruck on my way back from Pittsburgh last weekend and, while it has some cool features and is just crazy to look at, it isn't very practical and there are quite a few issues with them. Hard pass.

Eh, I’ll stick with my selection of the Pontiac Aztek for that title. At least the Tesla is fast and has utility.
The Aztek was before its time. Upright, AWD, that dark cladding all the outdoorsy SUVs now have, and some really nifty options, like the center console that was a removable cooler, built in air compressor for your air mattress, the optional tent. No one would laugh if Subaru had built it.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
As a Tesla owner, if I was going for an electric truck I'd go with the Ford Lightning then the Rivian R1T. I stopped and looked at the Cybertruck on my way back from Pittsburgh last weekend and, while it has some cool features and is just crazy to look at, it isn't very practical and there are quite a few issues with them. Hard pass.

I've seen a lot of those Rivians around my area. they look nice, though I've heard the company is in financial trouble.

I've seen a lot of those Rivians around my area. they look nice, though I've heard the company is in financial trouble.
I think Rivian will end up being ok. They have enough cash to float until the R2 releases which will be their mass market car ala Tesla Model Y. I love the R1S and would like to replace my wife's van with one in the next few years.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
The Aztek was before its time. Upright, AWD, that dark cladding all the outdoorsy SUVs now have, and some really nifty options, like the center console that was a removable cooler, built in air compressor for your air mattress, the optional tent. No one would laugh if Subaru had built it.
That’s all well and good, now
Refresh your memory by pulling up some pictures of that front view again.

Pull up some pictures of what BMW and Lexus are doing today with front ends and tell me how the Aztek was worse lol, butt-fvxking ugly front ends are also all the rage today.
You're insane. Lexus front ends are a work of art. I love my bright led fish hook running lights.

And that F-Sport grille...

Fools Gold Smile GIF by Fool's Gold Records

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I think Rivian will end up being ok. They have enough cash to float until the R2 releases which will be their mass market car ala Tesla Model Y. I love the R1S and would like to replace my wife's van with one in the next few years.
Gotta get cheaper. Starting at 78k for a family car is a little steep

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT