ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

MU PIKE

Silver Buffalo
Mar 14, 2007
A lot of kids have jumped into the portal. The only Marshall player I saw was Emmanuel Balogun a defensive lineman. It is really crazy how many kids are in there it’s like shopping on Amazon, go to the list and find what you need.

Last edited:
If you go in the portal and no one chooses you, can you go back to your old team?

That would be rather humiliating. “No college in the country wants me. Can I still play for you?”

A lot of kids have jumped into the portal. The only Marshall player I saw was Emmanuel Balogun a defensive lineman. It is really crazy how many kids are in there it’s like shopping on Amazon, go to the list and find what you need.

Ibelieve Anthony Dunn has entered portal also.

Reactions: MU PIKE
We did have "1" player declare and then later stay last year. As said earlier, it was a good decision both him and the university. I don't see it working if the athlete is trying to use it as leverage, however.

Its a weird dynamic in the times of the portal... Im always interested to see if a kid transfers "up" (to a larger school, P5, whatever), laterally (to a similar G5 just for change of scenery), or down (to FCS).

In Balogun's case, since he has played sparingly this season for us, Im guessing he's looking to move laterally or down to find more snaps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT