ADVERTISEMENT

USM Game

I had pegged one of our earlier games as the best yet. But this one was, hands down, our best game. They never let up from start to finish. Unselfish, finding the open man, playing good defense, rebounding, assists....this game had it all. Go Herd. Keep it up. Quirky schedule. I think 5 of our first 6 SBC games are at home. That means 4 at home and 8 on the road to finish. If we can win at home and split on the road I'll be a happy Herdler.

I believe the National Anthem tonight was the best I've ever heard...🙂👍

Reactions: Odie Green
Good win last night... Excellent offensive showing. Moved the ball, didn't turn it over, made some shots, rebounded well.

An interesting stretch coming up... Hot and cold ODU on Saturday, then a bunch of winnable games in a row... Texas State (mediocre), Arkansas State (terrible), Louisiana Monroe (terrible), Georgia State (worst team in the league) and App State (beyond terrible).

It was nice to see us play from start to finish. There really was no let down or energy lapse during the game. If we can play like that every game there's no reason we can't win the conference.

Sure how FT shooting and we would probably never lose.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Does anyone here know how the Sun Belt Tournament is bracketed for this year with our 14 teams?

Does anyone here know how the Sun Belt Tournament is bracketed for this year with our 14 teams?
Believe top couple of teams, or so, in regular season play, get byes in the first round. Very important since byes mean playing no more than 3 games instead of 4 in order to win the overall tourney. Believe something similar to what the set-up was in the CUSA tourney.

Reactions: 31Herd55
My understanding is the top 4 teams will receive a double bye to the quarterfinals. That indicates the possibility of a team playing 5 days in a row including the championship game. That's unlikely to happen, but a possibility.

Reactions: 31Herd55
All the more reason for Dan’s short-bench team to finish high in conference standings to stay away from tired-leg syndrome.

Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Tuesday:
12-13
11-14

Wednesday is an off day.

Thursday:
8-9
12/13-5
7-10
11/14-6

Friday is an off day.

Saturday:
8/9-1
12/13/5-4
7/10-2
11/14/6-3

Sunday:
semifinals

Monday:
finals

Women's tournament is the same format, except it will play Tuesday-Wednesday, take off Thursday, then play Friday, take off Saturday, and then play Sunday and Monday.

Tuesday:
12-13
11-14

Wednesday is an off day.

Thursday:
8-9
12/13-5
7-10
11/14-6

Friday is an off day.

Saturday:
8/9-1
12/13/5-4
7/10-2
11/14/6-3

Sunday:
semifinals

Monday:
finals

Women's tournament is the same format, except it will play Tuesday-Wednesday, take off Thursday, then play Friday, take off Saturday, and then play Sunday and Monday.
Thanks a million, Sam…got it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT