ADVERTISEMENT

*Warning non-political post re: SiriusXM ®

mlblack16.

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2017
Started to post this as a reply to @Raoul Duke MU in a different thread, but decided the board and the bored could use a new topic of discussion.

I just called those SiriusXM fvckers today to negotiate another year of service. I have the platinum plan for $107/yr before taxes and bullshit fees. Honestly, I do far less driving these days post COVID, so I should just get rid of it but radio stations in Columbus are garbage for the most part, so gives me variety.

I also have YouTube Music as part of my YouTube premium subscription - that's worth its weight in gold to avoid ads. It's not as intuitive with creating radio stations as Prime Music but Amazon can go to hell. They used to give you a lot of music options as a Prime member but nowadays being a Prime member hardly means shit other than free shipping. Hell they deliver to every home on my street, and it's their own delivery service so their actual cost for shipping and delivery is obviously low.

What plan and price have you guys negotiated? Still using it? What other music streaming do you use instead and/or recommend?

Yep Spotify. It’s unmatched on usability and catalogue.

I had XM thrown in when I got my car but barely used it. I didn’t renew and they kept sending me lower prices. It got down to I think $4 a month, but that wasn’t for the platinum plan I guess. I still didn’t budge and they finally gave up.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Let me ask you about Sirius. Every fall/winter from about mid November until about march our service is very spotty not just in the cloudy rainy days. Anyone else have that issue. I’ve called and they say just reset the system

XM/Sirius radio. I just pay it. Helps pass the time in the car. More options.

Spotify is a pain in the ass, have it my phone but it sucks in the car. Rarely use it. Need to dump it.

I hate Sirius. When I try to renew my plan, I always get some girl in the Philippines that I can’t understand then I get angry, hang up, and just let the service lapse.

Let me ask you about Sirius. Every fall/winter from about mid November until about march our service is very spotty not just in the cloudy rainy days. Anyone else have that issue. I’ve called and they say just reset the system

I haven't noticed issues during that timeframe where I live, but when we drove to Pittsburgh the service did go in/out even with clear skies.

The thing I don't get is how some stations have really good sound quality and others do not.

Oh and that sounds like their answer to everything.

What does it do poorly? I listen to full albums too and I can’t think of anything it doesn’t do that I would want.

Edit: it is bad for podcasts. I don’t know if prime is better there. But for music it feels about perfect to me.

What does it do poorly? I listen to full albums too and I can’t think of anything it doesn’t do that I would want.

Edit: it is bad for podcasts. I don’t know if prime is better there. But for music it feels about perfect to me.
I have no problem with Spotify podcasts and I agree Spotify is much better than Amazon

my wife ordered XM for both of our cars so I have on idea what we pay

I have no problem with Spotify podcasts and I agree Spotify is much better than Amazon
Comparing Spotify podcasts to the iOS podcast app, Spotify isn’t as easy to keep track of shows on in my experience. iOS is good about popping shows you listen to up to the top and also good about playing serialized shows how you’d expect. Spotify I don’t think is as well organized for podcasts.

And part of that might just be that the iOS app is just podcasts so there’s no music clutter.

Sirius XM. $99 plus fees, taxes, total of $127 +/- for 3 YEARS. That's $127 for 3 years, not $127 per year for 3 years. Can't beat it.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Sirius XM. $99 plus fees, taxes, total of $127 +/- for 3 YEARS. That's $127 for 3 years, not $127 per year for 3 years. Can't beat it.
That's what mine comes to after including taxes and bullshit fees.

I can't believe there are some people out there paying the supposed regular cost of approx $300/yr

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
What others?

Other than Yes, I've listened to Pink Floyd of course, Rush, King Crimson, ELP, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Star Castle, and...Gentle Giant.

I have my dad's old albums. Lots of Pink Floyd, King Crimson, etc. Gonna have to break out the vinyl this weekend.

I have my dad's old albums. Lots of Pink Floyd, King Crimson, etc. Gonna have to break out the vinyl this weekend.
My old man had a decent collection of vinyl also, but I haven't seen them in years. I'll have to see if he still has them before he ends up throwing them out.

i have sirius/xm in 5 vehicles. multiple accounts even though i've requested multiple times for them to consolidate, and I don't have a clue in hell what i'm currently paying. need to call and transfer service amongst vehicles and do away with one or two subs (old camaro has subscription but gets driven maybe 300 miles/yr, neither wife nor daughter uses xm very much, new camaro doesn't have xm but will likely see under 1K miles annually so likely no add, my daily doesn't have xm capability but would like to get a portable and add it).

thanks @muthed for the pro-tip on price point to negotiate.

Reactions: ohio herd
My XM radio cost me $335.00 per year for one vehicle.

I'm guessing I must have the special package that jacks me off while driving down the road.

Who do I call to cancel? I can't look up this site here at work, as it's blocked.

• Wow
Reactions: ru4_mu2
My XM radio cost me $335.00 per year for one vehicle.
i-got-royally-screwed-over-upset.gif

Call those fools and tell them it's too much. They will try to screw you a little less. Tell them that is still too much. They will act like they are asking a supervisor and then give you a good deal. 866-635-8641

Who do I call to cancel?
Good luck with that. I tried for days without success. The little girl in the Philippines just kept giggling and offering me new packages when I said I wanted to drop the service.

Thankfully, I never gave permission to have my credit card number on file. I finally hung up and just stopped paying the bill. They eventually cut off the service.

I just want to say mlblack with a period is an asshole for starting this thread. Been on the phone now for 25 minutes with somebody from a shithole country. After canceling 15 times now, she put me on hold to hunt for a better price with a discount. I told her mlblack with a period gets the platinum for $107 plus fees, but she indicates he's a true grade A prick. I told her I was a true grade A prick as well, so now I'm getting the $107 plus fees. mlblack owes me $45.00 for my time spent on the phone with the inbred Indian.

Don't know how you guys puylled this off - my current XM subscription expires at the end of this month. I've been texting with them off and on most of the day (that's how they respond if you try to call and speak with anyone) - best offer I could get is $84.42 per vehicle, per year.

Don't know how you guys puylled this off - my current XM subscription expires at the end of this month. I've been texting with them off and on most of the day (that's how they respond if you try to call and speak with anyone) - best offer I could get is $84.42 per vehicle, per year.
Cancel and they’ll come crawling back. He who is willing to walk away holds all the power.

Reactions: WV-FAN
That’s ~$7/month which is about the cheapest I’ve seen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT