ADVERTISEMENT

Where to watch in Charleston WV?

You should have plenty of options available. I know I've read before where Ear fans will show up to root on whomever we're playing, so prepare yourself for that. Like usual, they'll shut up if the Herd takes control of the game.

BW3's is a choice in Cross Lanes, but there has to be several decent places in Charleston. There's also a few places headed South, but I cannot remember what they call that area just South of Charleston.

If they show up and root cheer for the opposing team. Would be a great time to use those new brass knuckles you received for Christmas

Does Charleston even know Marshall exists. Second highest percentage of MU grads in the country reside in Kanawha Co. but they can't seem to drive 45 minutes down 64 to watch the Herd play. They'd rather buddy up with their WVU friends and root for the Eers.

I used to like to watch games at Joey's way back in the day, although I believe that was closed down or perhaps burned down several years back. Was always an easy place to drink, eat, and walk across to the civic center to watch the high school basketball tournament and the WVIAC tournament back when that was a much bigger deal.

Recovery Sports, which is attached to the old Charleston House hotel, now a Sheraton, is a good place and plays it fair with the Herd. Some "whoever is playing Marshall" idiots show up, but given the date, I doubt many tonight.

BW3 in Cross Lanes is also good, but sometime you have to tell the staff what channels games are on. Fairly clueless crew.

BW3 in Southridge is 100% anti-Marshall. Avoid.

Sports bar in the Embassy Suites has a great theatre like setting and good food, but mostly attracts traveling businessmen who don't really know what is going on.

Most of the bars along Capitol Street and around will probably have the game on, but they come and go. Most likely to run into idiots there. Bar 101 is not bad, although it is Asian food which does not go too well with watching sports, IMHO. Old Vandalia Grille is now a yuppie bar called Celsuis, which has good TVs, but has an anti-Marshall landlord who hangs out there everyday, probably get drunk and start something. Has a history of that. Adelphia is a nice place and treats MU fans well usually.

There are fairly new sports bars in Kanawha City. Boom's, which is a chain out of Alabama, is in the old Shoney's. It is OK, but it has old TVs. The old Murad's (which was 100% anti-Marshall) is now a place called the Gastro Pub and is OK too, but has the same 1975 model TVs that Murad's did.

That is the main reason that I'm in Marshall gear on Fridays and Saturdays (I like putting it in everyone's face) .. My car has a Marshall plate on the front, a Big Green sticker on the front window, magnets on the driver and passenger doors, alumni stickers on the driver and passenger side back windows,2 stickers in the back window, two magnets on the trunk and Marshall license plate instead of the blue and yeller one that I'd have to have. My dad always told me my car looked like a billboard (he did have one on his car though); There is no rooting at anytime for the eers from me. I have noticed there are more Marshall notations on cars in this area. We can only hope some of the grads get a little bit of pride and stand up for The Herd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT