ADVERTISEMENT

Why ESPN exposure still matters

Here is a link to the most watched cable channels (out of 176 eligible channels) by Nielson... ESPN ranked 2nd, ESPN2 was 26th.

Most watched cable channels 2022
Our time in the MAC vs CUSA is the only case study we need to prove that. We rocketed to the forefront of the public eye to the point we had 3 Heisman candidates. Then for most our time in CUSA we were a tree falling in the woods.

And on Monday afternoon of Christmas week, when football junkies all across the land, those with no particular teams or loyalties thereto, watch football just because it's FOOTBALL, the HERD will be at that time, IIRC, the ONLY GAME in town, or ON THE TUBE!! Gotta Luv it!! :)

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ESPN matters, but I don't like the 2:30 slot on a Monday. Most people are still working on 12/19 from 9-to-5 on Christmas break. I would have liked a 5pm slot better which still wouldn't have conflicted with a MNF start of 8:15pm EST.

A lot of working people take the week off before Christmas, so maybe we can get a decent viewership on Monday. I agree that the ESPN label still means something. Go Herd.

ESPN does matter.

2:30 on a workday weekend is not ideal.

Remember the difference between ESPN, and its family of channels, and ESPN Plus, where most of our games are shown. ESPN Plus has just over 12 million subscribers and Disney's streaming "bundle" of ESPN+, Hulu, and Disney+ lost a billion and a half dollars in the last quarter.

Reactions: RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT