ADVERTISEMENT

Yep....Everything is just hunky-dory in California....

30CAT

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
...according to @riflearm2. He probably thinks Gavin "hair-gel nazi" Newsome would make a great president too.

He sounds like @extragreen denying Pedo-Joe's crimes.

California faces 'severe revenue decline,' record $68 billion budget deficit as mass exodus continues

Reactions: Archetype XLIV
I’m currently sitting first class - because ya’ know, wealthy - from NY to California. At this point, I’m basically bicoastal (don’t get excited, @mlblack16. It’s not what you think it means).

I’ll enjoy landing in 70 degree weather in sun while I spend my afternoon at a heated pool and bike in short sleeves, surrounded by millionaire neighbors, no traffic, little crime, and a quick drive to both the beach and a national forest.

It may not quite be Poplar Ave., but hey, I’m doing the best that I can. Someday, I hope to be able to make it in WV.

• Haha
Reactions: ru4_mu2 and 30CAT
d067b805211ed1723f566ec8be75b1f2.jpg

Reactions: 30CAT
I’m currently sitting first class - because ya’ know, wealthy - from NY to California. At this point, I’m basically bicoastal (don’t get excited, @mlblack16. It’s not what you think it means).

I’ll enjoy landing in 70 degree weather in sun while I spend my afternoon at a heated pool and bike in short sleeves, surrounded by millionaire neighbors, no traffic, little crime, and a quick drive to both the beach and a national forest.

It may not quite be Poplar Ave., but hey, I’m doing the best that I can. Someday, I hope to be able to make it in WV.

You just personified the hypocritical elitism that the left is known for. Kudos. You’re well off enough so that you don’t have to deal with the policies you support, while not caring one bit that others have to on a daily basis.

You just personified the hypocritical elitism that the left is known for. Kudos. You’re well off enough so that you don’t have to deal with the policies you support, while not caring one bit that others have to on a daily basis.
_________ironic trumptard

. You’re well off enough so that you don’t have to deal with the policies you support, while not caring one bit that others have to on a daily basis.
I guess they should have worked harder or made better choices, right? That’s what’s I’ve heard your side repeatedly say for the past 35+ years.

My point was to kick morons like Kitty who have never been to California and try presenting things that are simply bogus.

Are there homeless in downtown areas of the major Californian cities? Yes. Does that same issue plague every other major city in the country? Yes. Are warm weather areas prone to a higher population of homeless? Yes. Are California’s major cities in warm weather areas? Yes. Are there policies or political decisions that may have exacerbated the situation in California? Possibly.

But listening to morons who have no experience on the subject and haven’t been out of their holler in a decade is about as smart as believing that the earth is 6000 years old

I’ve invited you and your family here. Hell, even Kitty is welcome to his own bedroom and bathroom for a visit. I’ll cover the lodging and food. You will both be asked to count the number of homeless people you see during the 25 minute drive to the airport which travels on multiple freeways, city streets, numerous cities, and many residential areas.

Even with the lifelong WV education, you both will be able to count to the correct answer of zero.

If you’re talking LAX I’m calling BS on being able to drive away from LAX in any direction and not see homeless people on the streets.

But if we’re going to talk about homelessness people ought realize that the people you see on the streets aren’t the majority of homeless people. Fixing homelessness means different things for the street crazies and, say, people who are working but living out of a car. Or in shelters. Or crashing on friends’ couches.

When people talk about solutions the people offering up the solutions are generally thinking of this majority of homeless people. The people arguing against them are usually thinking of the street crazies.

CA has a lot of street crazies because they flock here because you won’t die sleeping outside in February. CA has a lot of the larger type of homeless people because NIMBYs don’t want high or even medium or a lot of the time even low density housing built near them because their property values will stop skyrocketing.

So, ironically, the street crazy thing that people like to use to bag on CA is the issue that is less in our control, while the high rate of transitional homelessness which people don’t even tend to realize exists is more related to bad policies.

If you’re talking LAX I’m calling BS on being able to drive away from LAX in any direction and not see homeless people on the streets.
I live 25 minutes south of John Wayne. I have no need to go to LAX unless they have a far more convenient international flight. I also didn't say "any" direction. I said the 25 minute drive from the airport (John Wayne) to my house. But still, you can drive 25 minutes south, east, or west (if you want to go for a swim before you reach those 25 minutes) of John Wayne and not see a single homeless person. If you drive north, you may start to see some homeless tents on the other side of fences along a freeway, but that isn't a definite. You usually don't start to see them until you actually get into LA.

Ah, yeah, I’m usually flying out of LAX because, ya know, broke, and any direction out of there you’re seeing homeless people. Been a while since I flew out of John Wayne.

Ah, yeah, I’m usually flying out of LAX because, ya know, broke, and any direction out of there you’re seeing homeless people. Been a while since I flew out of John Wayne.
Tell me you aren't a masochist and use Uber/Lyft out of there? What a clusterfvck. When I first moved there, I was mostly flying out of LAX even though it was a significantly longer drive, because I preferred taking red-eyes so that I could sleep on the flight and wake up and start working wherever I landed. But the Uber situation at LAX drove me away from that fast.

Tell me you aren't a masochist and use Uber/Lyft out of there? What a clusterfvck. When I first moved there, I was mostly flying out of LAX even though it was a significantly longer drive, because I preferred taking red-eyes so that I could sleep on the flight and wake up and start working wherever I landed. But the Uber situation at LAX drove me away from that fast.
We usually have someone give us a ride but that’s about the same as Uber. It’s bad.

It’s worse because my wife’s family is weird and refuses to just park in the damn parking garage waiting for us when we get back. I’ve offered many times to pay the $3 or whatever it would be for them to sit there an hour but they insist on sitting at McDonald’s or something till we are off the plane then they try to pick us up in the loop. Which is bad enough but with two young kids is even worse.

Luckily I only fly out of there once or twice a year. If I have to fly somewhere for work it’s usually within CA and I make them book me through John Wayne. LAX is the worst designed airport I have ever been in.

I guess they should have worked harder or made better choices, right? That’s what’s I’ve heard your side repeatedly say for the past 35+ years.

My point was to kick morons like Kitty who have never been to California and try presenting things that are simply bogus.

Are there homeless in downtown areas of the major Californian cities? Yes. Does that same issue plague every other major city in the country? Yes. Are warm weather areas prone to a higher population of homeless? Yes. Are California’s major cities in warm weather areas? Yes. Are there policies or political decisions that may have exacerbated the situation in California? Possibly.

But listening to morons who have no experience on the subject and haven’t been out of their holler in a decade is about as smart as believing that the earth is 6000 years old

I’ve invited you and your family here. Hell, even Kitty is welcome to his own bedroom and bathroom for a visit. I’ll cover the lodging and food. You will both be asked to count the number of homeless people you see during the 25 minute drive to the airport which travels on multiple freeways, city streets, numerous cities, and many residential areas.

Even with the lifelong WV education, you both will be able to count to the correct answer of zero.

Why the mass exodus, debt and record loss of tax revenue?

Truth is, California's Democrat policies are creating homelessness, drug addicts, people leaving and businesses closing down. Some of the most wealthy are leaving.

Democrats are making California a shitty place to live. Hell, I'm sure a visit may be okay, but living there? Pffft. They sure polished up San Francisco for a visit from a dictator, so we know it could look nice.

I want to visit Alcatraz. I want to see the Redwoods. I'm sure I could do that, no problem. I'd bet I'd see homelessness and shitholes in San Francisco. Democrat policies are destroying a once great state and our country.

Why the mass exodus, debt and record loss of tax revenue?
Nobody is saying that it is utopia for every class of people. No state is. People are leaving, for the most part, because they can't afford housing. That's not a California exclusive issue. It's just that the severity of it is higher in California, some of that being attributed to 1) having a significantly higher population than most other states and 2) people who can afford it are willing to pay it for the benefits of living there.

Democrats are making California a shitty place to live. Hell, I'm sure a visit may be okay, but living there? Pffft.
If you could afford it, you'd be here after just one visit. That's not a knock on you - there is a reason why the ultra-wealthy are here. Money is not an issue for them. They just want the best. And California provides that.
I want to visit Alcatraz. I want to see the Redwoods. I'm sure I could do that, no problem. I'd bet I'd see homelessness and shitholes in San Francisco. Democrat policies are destroying a once great state and our country.
It's not what you think. It isn't a third-world country when you drive around. There are two distinct areas where the homelessness is. When I went trying to find the open drug markets/using when i was there in May or whenever it was, we couldn't find anybody even at around midnight.

You'd fall in love with so many parts of the state. Driving Highway 1 would make you want to move to different parts of it. Yosemite is incredible. Death Valley and Joshua Tree are great. Take your pick of just about anywhere in SoCal, and you'd be in heaven with both the mountains and scenery. There are plenty of neighborhoods/small towns in Orange and LA County that seem like you're in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nature. San Fran and the suburbs are naturally some of the prettiest areas in the country.

Nobody is saying that it is utopia for every class of people. No state is. People are leaving, for the most part, because they can't afford housing. That's not a California exclusive issue. It's just that the severity of it is higher in California, some of that being attributed to 1) having a significantly higher population than most other states and 2) people who can afford it are willing to pay it for the benefits of living there.

If you could afford it, you'd be here after just one visit. That's not a knock on you - there is a reason why the ultra-wealthy are here. Money is not an issue for them. They just want the best. And California provides that.

It's not what you think. It isn't a third-world country when you drive around. There are two distinct areas where the homelessness is. When I went trying to find the open drug markets/using when i was there in May or whenever it was, we couldn't find anybody even at around midnight.

You'd fall in love with so many parts of the state. Driving Highway 1 would make you want to move to different parts of it. Yosemite is incredible. Death Valley and Joshua Tree are great. Take your pick of just about anywhere in SoCal, and you'd be in heaven with both the mountains and scenery. There are plenty of neighborhoods/small towns in Orange and LA County that seem like you're in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nature. San Fran and the suburbs are naturally some of the prettiest areas in the country.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but why did California crush the middle class? Even with that said, there are wealthy who are leaving, businesses that were once California fixtures, closing down.

California is bleeding badly. It's not the only Blue state of mass exodus, but that's just it. It's predominantly Blue states and Blue cities that are feeling the pain.

Sure. The wealthy can take the hits. Congrats. But is it good that the middle class is being squeezed in these Blue areas? I know you know it's not good and something has to change.

The wealthy aren't going to fill middle class and unskilled positions in the workforce. The state needs them. If they can't afford to live there, it's the wealthy that has to pay for it. That's why they're leaving.

Are you going to step up and flip burgers or dig ditches? I'm thinking if you're as wealthy as you say you are, you won't stoop that low. You still need them. Businesses are having trouble paying them.

The middle class are the heartbeat of America. Not the rich. Not the poor. The middle class provide more jobs than any other class. The poor aren't signing paychecks and they are who the rich want to pay peanuts. I make 6 figures, but I would bet it all that I couldn't afford the lifestyle I have now, in California. A business would have to pay me out the ass to live in California. That's why they are leaving in droves.

Reactions: KyMUfan
We can fix a lot of those problems by building way more housing units. If your criticism is that California hasn’t done enough of that then you’re dead on. The state government has been pushing for it by stripping local governments of their ability to block housing development, but it’s not enough.

I propose a tax cut for the rich. It solves all problems.

Dumbass....This is an adult conversation. Of course tax cuts for the rich isn't the answer, but neither is raising taxes on them. Of you're rich and can make more money in a different state, that's likely what you'll do.

The love of money is the root of all evil. I think we can both agree on that. That said, the wealthy provide paychecks, not the poor.

The middle class makes or breaks our country. The middle class is the backbone. The rich are rich. They couldn't give to f***s less. Take their money and they just take their ball and go home. You're NOT going to take money from them without consequences. It's just not happening.

Tax the shit out of them and they will get it back in other ways. It's why they're rich.

The rich can go anywhere in the world. They aren't forced to do business here.

Wake up and smell what you're shoveling

We can fix a lot of those problems by building way more housing units. If your criticism is that California hasn’t done enough of that then you’re dead on. The state government has been pushing for it by stripping local governments of their ability to block housing development, but it’s not enough.

Sounds like you don't have a problem disenfranchising local voters...

I agree with a lot of what you say, but why did California crush the middle class? Even with that said, there are wealthy who are leaving, businesses that were once California fixtures, closing down.

California is bleeding badly. It's not the only Blue state of mass exodus, but that's just it. It's predominantly Blue states and Blue cities that are feeling the pain.

Sure. The wealthy can take the hits. Congrats. But is it good that the middle class is being squeezed in these Blue areas? I know you know it's not good and something has to change.

The wealthy aren't going to fill middle class and unskilled positions in the workforce. The state needs them. If they can't afford to live there, it's the wealthy that has to pay for it. That's why they're leaving.

Are you going to step up and flip burgers or dig ditches? I'm thinking if you're as wealthy as you say you are, you won't stoop that low. You still need them. Businesses are having trouble paying them.

The middle class are the heartbeat of America. Not the rich. Not the poor. The middle class provide more jobs than any other class. The poor aren't signing paychecks and they are who the rich want to pay peanuts. I make 6 figures, but I would bet it all that I couldn't afford the lifestyle I have now, in California. A business would have to pay me out the ass to live in California. That's why they are leaving in droves.

Spot on. Plus rampant illegal immigration comes with many costs. Costs in tax revenues as an underground cash-based economy comes with it. Costs related to more government services, health care costs, etc. Costs related to downward pressure on wages. The list goes on...

All of these factors put additional pressure on the shrinking middle-class which carries a disproportionate amount of the total tax burden.

It has been said that as California goes so goes the country. I think the issues California is dealing with are a precursor for the rest of the nation.

California's Proposition 187 was overwhelming approved by a majority of voters in 1994. But the courts chose to disenfranchise these voters by striking this down. This opened the floodgates for the very things that is stressing CA's budget, its middle-class and working wages. And these issues keep spreading across the nation.

Remove the consumers (demand) and let's take another look at who provides paychecks.

WTF? Dude...Seriously.

The middle class and to a lesser extent, the rich, provide paychecks.

Period.

All of these factors put additional pressure on the shrinking middle-class which carries a disproportionate amount of the total tax burden.
That’s simply not true unless you have a fvcked-up definition of middle class.

Remove the consumers (demand) and let's take another look at who provides paychecks.
You have just hit on a point that is counter to Rifle, and I thought you guys were besties.

It’s hard to live a luxury lifestyle without worker bees. When the working class can’t afford to be somewhere that means all those things rich people can afford to do disappear. No restaurant workers, no hotel employees, no airline ticket takers.

Here’s a good example of elites being elite.

405S, 105E, off at Aviation (nash) right go under the runway.

No homeless. all airport property, except when you first get off at Aviation.

Last edited:
CA has a lot of street crazies because they flock here because you won’t die sleeping outside in February. CA has a lot of the larger type of homeless people because NIMBYs don’t want high or even medium or a lot of the time even low density housing built near them because their property values will stop skyrocketing.
Not exactly true. Part of the reason is the high rent. Most of which is landlords trying to recover lost revenue for years of free rent during COVID-19, sponsored by Gavin. Some are still not paying, and cannot be evicted. That will fortunately end this month. I see later 2024, everything will reconcile. People are leaving in droves, state for the first time has a negative pop. growth, but yet Real Estate continues to climb? Something has to give and will soon.

California's Proposition 187 was overwhelming approved by a majority of voters in 1994. But the courts chose to disenfranchise these voters by striking this down. This opened the floodgates for the very things that is stressing CA's budget, its middle-class and working wages. And these issues keep spreading across the nation.
Many people don't realize, but that started it.

Reactions: 30CAT and KyMUfan
What is the conservative proposal to alleviate the middle class problem??

You have just hit on a point that is counter to Rifle, and I thought you guys were besties.
No, he didn't at all.

It’s hard to live a luxury lifestyle without worker bees. When the working class can’t afford to be somewhere that means all those things rich people can afford to do disappear. No restaurant workers, no hotel employees, no airline ticket takers.

Here’s a good example of elites being elite.
You make a comment but then use an example that is entirely different. An example of what you wanted to show would be in another city where I own a property - Park City. There, employees at Walmart and all of the resorts, especially seasonals, can't find places to live that they can afford. It means businesses can't find waitresses, cashiers, valets, etc. for the wealthy to get what they want. And of course, the wealth property owners don't want more affordable housing in their city because it lowers their property values and allows the riffraff to live there.

Found this to be interesting. Seems like things like this usually start in CA...

“The wave [in California] has been going on since 2016,” a Los Angeles special agent with the FBI tells me. He heads up a regional police interagency group in Southern California that targets the bandits; his office also acts as an informal national clearinghouse feeding information about the gangs to local police departments."

According to Maher, during the height of the pandemic, when people remained at home, the pace of the break-ins slackened, but smash-and-grab jobs skyrocketed. Lately, the home invasions have rebounded. And back east, says Bonilla, who has become a leading figure investigating the gangs, “affluent neighborhoods are getting destroyed right now.”

"Law enforcement officials in Michigan announced the creation of a new task force to combat a surge of home invasions in upscale neighbors by foreign gangs."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT