ADVERTISEMENT

“VETERANS COALITION FOR COMMON SENSE”

extragreen

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 2, 2007
TO URGE ELECTED LEADERS TO DO MORE TO PREVENT GUN TRAGEDIES.

The coalition is focused on engaging other veterans and elected leaders by:

Urging our elected leaders to close the loopholes in our background check laws that let felons, domestic abusers and the dangerously mentally ill buy guns without a criminal background check.
Strengthening existing laws and ensuring lawmakers and stakeholders have the resources and training they need to prevent gun tragedies.
Partnering with other groups in the veterans community on suicide prevention and mental health.

In addition to Captain Kelly, the Advisory Committee members of the Veterans Coalition for Common Sense include:

Captain Mark Kelly, USN (Ret.), Co-Founder, Americans for Responsible Solutions

Admiral Thad Allen, USCG (Ret.)

General Peter W. Chiarelli, USA (Ret.)

General Wesley Clark, USA (Ret.)

General Michael V. Hayden, USAF (Ret.)

General (Ret.) James T. Hill, USA

Admiral James M. Loy, USCG (Ret.)

General Stanley A. McChrystal, USA (Ret.)

Admiral Eric T. Olson, USN (Ret.)

General David Petraeus, USA (Ret.)

Lt. General Claudia J. Kennedy, USA (Ret.)

Lt. General Norman R. Seip, USAF (Ret.)

Lt. General William “Kip” E. Ward, USA (Ret.)

Rear Admiral James Arden “Jamie” Barnett Jr., USN (Ret.)

Major General Vance Coleman, USA (Ret.)

Brigadier General Stephen A. Cheney, USMC (Ret.)

Brigadier General Evelyn “Pat” Foote, USA (Ret.)

Captain Gail Kulisch, USCG (Ret.)

Commander Carlos Del Toro, USN (Ret.)

Dave Korus, U.S. Air Force Veteran

Jonathan Sanford, U.S. Army Veteran

Terron Sims II, U.S. Army Veteran

Shawn J. VanDiver, U.S. Navy Veteran

Bunch of vaginas.....in before herr herdman.

I got owned by your hero's becoming vaginas?

First of all not my heroes. Second of all you got owned by your own actions. For all those guys listed above we could name a 1,000 service members/veterans who think they are full of shi*.

In no state of the union is it legal for a felon, mentally ill, convicted abuser etc. allowed to buy a firearm. If you sell a firearm to any of those you are literally up shit creek (except under the obama admin who is doing their darnedest to get the guns into these peoples hands so they can spout gun control on TV)

First of all not my heroes. Second of all you got owned by your own actions. For all those guys listed above we could name a 1,000 service members/veterans who think they are full of shi*.

And there are thousands more who would agree with the list I provided.

Oh, so you mean felons, domestic abusers and the mentally ill who illegally purchase guns. Gotcha.

Oh, so you mean felons, domestic abusers and the mentally ill who illegally purchase guns. Gotcha.

Yeah bad people purchase guns at gunshows because private sellers are not required to perform background checks.

that's quite a list eg. I am sure that all our Pullman experts
will fall line behind that impressive list of military leaders.

Yep, bad people break the law. If you have an idea about how to stop crime maybe you should lobby for Loretta Lynch's job.

Yeah bad people purchase guns at gunshows because private sellers are not required to perform background checks.

Did this recent guy buy guns at a gun show? FT Hood shooter?

How about the boxcutters bought at a hardware store that were the weapons used on the planes in 9-11?

In Belgium did the terrorist use a gun? Or was it a bomb?

Who are helping these guys. This is not a gun debate...it is a global terrorism debate.

They will find a way to kill. They used automatic weapons in Paris and France has very strict gun laws. So, really you could take every gun out this country and the bigger picture is we are at war with Radical Islam because they are at war with us. Guns are just a weapon of choice.

At some point you have to defeat evil. This is the modern day struggle just as the Third Reich was.

How about the boxcutters bought at a hardware store that were the weapons used on the planes in 9-11?

Who are helping these guys. This is not a gun debate...it is a global terrorism debate.

They will find a way to kill. They used automatic weapons in Paris and France has very strict gun laws. So, really you could take every gun out this country and the bigger picture is we are at war with Radical Islam because they are at war with us. Guns are just a weapon of choice.

At some point you have to defeat evil. This is the modern day struggle just as the Third Reich was.

It's both........And it shouldn't be a debate.

It's time for our so called leaders to come together and offer solutions.

Yep, bad people break the law. If you have an idea about how to stop crime maybe you should lobby for Loretta Lynch's job.

So, you're ok with terrorists, felons, domestic abusers, and the mentally ill purchasing guns at gun shows. Got it.

He shouldnt have been able to purchase a gun after his comments and ties, particularly the type of gun he purchased. At some point you have to take the guns from the crazies.

Criminals buying guns at a gun show or anywhere else without a background check isn't a loophole, it's an act of crime.

Reactions: sistersville
Criminals buying guns at a gun show or anywhere else without a background check isn't a loophole, it's an act of crime.

It may be a crime to purchase them, but it is not a crime to sell guns at a gun show to someone without doing a background check.

It's both........And it shouldn't be a debate.

It's time for our so called leaders to come together and offer solutions.
Unless you start with confiscation, any measure on gun control falls woefully short of stopping any tragedy now or in the future. That is the cold hard reality that genuine gun control advocates need to face.

Unless you start with confiscation, any measure on gun control falls woefully short of stopping any tragedy now or in the future. That is the cold hard reality that genuine gun control advocates need to face.

They don't have the balls to say or do what they want to do and that is exactly that. Confiscate them.

The President is in self denial. He is deflecting the true problem here. France has tough gun laws. So does Belgium. They still are getting hit.

ha ha herdman you are trying to use logic with eg

You want a real belly laugh. Ask herdman what his suggestions are for combating terrorism.

Right now my first course of action would be to be a moratorium on immigration from those certain countries and we know who they are. Then, each immigrant would go through a vetting process that is thorough. Next, I would look at anyone who has immigrated from those countries in the last 5 or 10 years and they would be vetted. Completely. Lock the bastards up until we can figure it out. I don't care about their feelings.

Next, bigger picture is I would go to the leaders of those countries and tell them you either start cleaning this stuff up yourself or you will end up like Sadaam, Qhadafi, and the Taliban. Hanging from a rope or a bullet to the head. Clean your shit up, clean house, or we will.

And, now way in hell does ISIS maintain command and control and infrastructure. Gone.

This is a quick summary.

"Right now my first course of action would be to be a moratorium on immigration from those certain countries and we know who they are."

Muslim AND Christian?

"Then, each immigrant would go through a vetting process that is thorough."

Ok, and let ISIS slaughter Muslim AND Christians while you to that thorough vetting process?

"Lock the bastards up until we can figure it out."

If they survive the wait time for your vetting process.

"Next, bigger picture is I would go to the leaders of those countries and tell them you either start cleaning this stuff up yourself or you will end up like Sadaam, Qhadafi, and the Taliban. Hanging from a rope or a bullet to the head. Clean your shit up, clean house, or we will."

***I would go to the leaders of those countries and tell them you either start helping us clean this stuff up or we take our ball and go home, and it's your problem now. (I will agree to this much and have stated that's my solution many times)

"And, now way in hell does ISIS maintain command and control and infrastructure."

This gets taken care of under the above paragraph.****

Here's an idea of how prolific the muslims are at terrorism......
According to the FBI there have been 140,000 terrorist incidents between 1970 and 2014. If every single terrorist incident had been committed by a muslim it would represent this much of the muslim population=0.0000875.

Until the Orlando massacre, the far right wing terrorists were winning the fatality contest.

Last edited:

Wrong.......

Re-establishing the Assault Weapon Ban, Instituting stronger background checks, closing the gun show and person to person loopholes, and enforcing current laws, would not infringe upon the spirit of the 2nd Amendment and would save lives......It's a fact.

Problem is, the NRA and Gun Lobby care more about this.....$$$$$$$......than they do actual human lives.

Wrong.......

Re-establishing the Assault Weapon Ban, Instituting stronger background checks, closing the gun show and person to person loopholes, and enforcing current laws, would not infringe upon the spirit of the 2nd Amendment and would save lives......It's a fact.

Problem is, the NRA and Gun Lobby care more about this.....$$$$$$$......than they do actual human lives.
There are more than 300 million guns in America right now. Stopping the sale of new guns does very little to reduce the amount of guns available today.

Stop saying things are fact that are merely ridiculous conjecture.

As a side note, I own no guns. I have no interest in owning guns. I have no interest in limiting other peoples right to own guns.

There are more than 300 million guns in America right now. Stopping the sale of new guns does very little to reduce the amount of guns available today.

Stop saying things are fact that are merely ridiculous conjecture.

As a side note, I own no guns. I have no interest in owning guns. I have no interest in limiting other peoples right to own guns.

There are over a billion cigarettes in America......Adding warning labels and restricting the purchase of cigarettes by minors will do nothing to curb cancer rates or deaths from smoking.

Oh wait......never mind.

Your falling into the Gun Lobby trap........80% of guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally. Would these nut cases found other ways to obtain their weapons? Possibly but possibly not and it may have exposed them to further scrutiny.

There are over a billion cigarettes in America......Adding warning labels and restricting the purchase of cigarettes by minors will do nothing to curb cancer rates or deaths from smoking.

Oh wait......never mind.

Your falling into the Gun Lobby trap........80% of guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally. Would these nut cases found other ways to obtain their weapons? Possibly but possibly not and it may have exposed them to further scrutiny.
Most states have restricted sales to minors for more than 100 years, how is that even a thing you would reference? Very little reduction in smoking occured following the addition of warning labels. Per capita cigarette use remained static from the addition of labels in the mid-60's until the mid-80's when widespread public outreach as well as multi-billion dollar litigation changed America's habits.

You are falling into the trap that government regulation can set social policy, when the two are almost always disconnected.

Most states have restricted sales to minors for more than 100 years, how is that even a thing you would reference? Very little reduction in smoking occured following the addition of warning labels. Per capita cigarette use remained static from the addition of labels in the mid-60's until the mid-80's when widespread public outreach as well as multi-billion dollar litigation changed America's habits.

You are falling into the trap that government regulation can set social policy, when the two are almost always disconnected.

It's not a social policy, it's a public safety policy.....And in many cases involving public health and safety, government regulation can make a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT