ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Class in CUSA 4 years in a Row

Not to be a downer, but signing in February doesn't mean they're going to be in class in August. Look at last years signers and compare them to our current roster

Yup we have the #1 class in the conference again and a consensus Top 65 class once again

Pretty sure Rivals has Marshall ranked at No. 67 but I get your point. This looks to be a solid class in February. I don't know how many of these kids will qualify so ratings at this point are mostly just for fun. Let's see how many of these kids will be in the two-deep in 2018.

You would think we could do better against WKU and MTSU and now it looks like USM, UAB, and La. Tech will provide some real competition.

Time to enjoy the moment. Sure some of these guys will fall through the cracks, no program is immune. Point Fever is making is this we keep bringing in top notch kids. We are headed toward more C-USA titles. We are headed back to the Top 25!

From the looks of things, alot of these kids will be showing up as either Props or Blueshirts

right and 7 others have already set out and will fill the spots of the ones that are NQs..its a merry go round...a cycle that some don't understand

Let's see how it translates on the field. Just going by recruiting rankings would lead one to believe we should dominate this league. Gotta do it on Saturdays in the fall.

Looks good on paper though.

exactly as in Vinny Curry, Mario Harvey, Delvin Johnson, Cory Tindal, McManus, Keion Davis, G Thompson, Tony Pittman, Huskey, Dillon, Nyquan Harris etc...Doc knows kids also the fully qualified like Cato, Shuler and Hoskins..ryan Yurachek. Whats not to like?

Would have been nice to hear more about it this morning on MetroNews on WCHS 580. Gave a 4 minute interview to Hungoverson about trying to fill holes in the secondary and then said, "Marshall had a good class too. Check them out on our website."

Hate them.

I hate this state and the media coverage. If it's not WVU then nothing else matters. We could have a top 5 class and they would discuss WVUs subpar Big 12 recruiting class. Barely in the top 40.

Maybe the Wild, Wonderful, WV Media could explain how the Ears recruit all these fabulous players yet they can't rise above cupcake status in their conference. And, how they were humiliated by Maryland 37-0 and we beat them in the same year in The Military Bowl !!!

We tend to out-recruit these teams on a yearly basis, so they must bring in several good transfers that never show up on here. I think WKU now has a QB transfer (Mike While) from USF and one from Louisville that sat out last year.

who did we lose that let UCF, CSU, Temple, and SDSU pass us on Rivals? we were 62 and dropped to 68.

Reactions: ohio herd
Poindexter to AZ. Chavis's to Penn St. Watley to ECU. ???
Or, maybe those schools picked up a couple late signees that boosted them past us.

Poindexter to AZ. Chavis's to Penn St. Watley to ECU. ???
Or, maybe those schools picked up a couple late signees that boosted them past us.
Watley went to ECU because we got Pro Wells. He got recruited over. Poindexter got the offer from Arizona late and Hes a west Coast guy. Dont blame him for that one.

Reactions: ohio herd
And Chavis went to Penn State because his JUCO coaches wouldnt let him sign with a G5 school

No, he was a silent commit. Nassau CC coaches play a heavy part in their recruitment unlike most JUCO's. They didnt want him here so bad that they wouldnt even give him a ride to the airport for his OV.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
No, he was a silent commit. Nassau CC coaches play a heavy part in their recruitment unlike most JUCO's. They didnt want him here so bad that they wouldnt even give him a ride to the airport for his OV.
control freaks for coaches

I wouldnt say control freaks but a recruiting tool for JUCO coaches.

Their job is to get kids eligible and into P5 schools

Would have been nice to hear more about it this morning on MetroNews on WCHS 580. Gave a 4 minute interview to Hungoverson about trying to fill holes in the secondary and then said, "Marshall had a good class too. Check them out on our website."

Hate them.

WV media outlets:

Gag-zete "Mail" - 100% anti-Marshall, not just in sports, its elitist owners despise public education and what Marshall stands for.

WOWK - Discussed. Hopefully when the Braying Jackass leaves it can be taken seriously again.

WCHS TV - Mark Martin makes an effort, but I bet that if Sinclair ever lost the CUSA rights, it would go right back to being 100% Spamite. Main issue with them is they cover the WVIAC (Mountain East, whatever they call it, its still the WVIAC) too much. NOBODY cares if Glenville beats Concord. Nobody.

WCHS radio/Metronews - Morgantown based, Morgantown owned, 100% anti-Marshall. I wish they would give up trying. They have this MU section on their website and every story has 100 comments from the petty jealous non-alumni Spamite hilljacks.

Kindred - Paul and Woody try, but they lose crediability carrying Crap-ridi and his Statewide Excuseline spamite show. No one in the Big City cares about that far off team's life as a field filler in the Texas-Oklahoma conference.

WSAZ - Since TV ratings were first taken in the 60s, has NEVER gotten a local news rating less than TWICE that of 8 & 13 COMBINED. In no small part because its is not all crawled up WVU's ass.

Set it on 3, and rip the knob off.

WV media outlets:

Gag-zete "Mail" - 100% anti-Marshall, not just in sports, its elitist owners despise public education and what Marshall stands for.

WOWK - Discussed. Hopefully when the Braying Jackass leaves it can be taken seriously again.

WCHS TV - Mark Martin makes an effort, but I bet that if Sinclair ever lost the CUSA rights, it would go right back to being 100% Spamite. Main issue with them is they cover the WVIAC (Mountain East, whatever they call it, its still the WVIAC) too much. NOBODY cares if Glenville beats Concord. Nobody.

WCHS radio/Metronews - Morgantown based, Morgantown owned, 100% anti-Marshall. I wish they would give up trying. They have this MU section on their website and every story has 100 comments from the petty jealous non-alumni Spamite hilljacks.

Kindred - Paul and Woody try, but they lose crediability carrying Crap-ridi and his Statewide Excuseline spamite show. No one in the Big City cares about that far off team's life as a field filler in the Texas-Oklahoma conference.

WSAZ - Since TV ratings were first taken in the 60s, has NEVER gotten a local news rating less than TWICE that of 8 & 13 COMBINED. In no small part because its is not all crawled up WVU's ass.

Set it on 3, and rip the knob off.

Good post, Sam, but when it comes to Herd on the radio, its Kindred or else, which means Herd sports are confined to greater HTGN. area only, since Kindred doesn't do any streaming of live programs on WRVC, 94.1, etc. Over the air broadcasts of Herd sports are virtually none existent elsewhere in WV: either on low power AM outlets or not on at all.

As for Kindred, guess they put on Metro new programs and Paul and Woody show to keep from going full time as another ESPN station, and all the self absorbed and asinine radio personalities that entails, like the late afternoon bozo and the Don "LesBAretard" show in the mornings!! Sure the tri state doesn't need any more of that crap!

Gaines is shown as signed on the central list, but over on the commit list of rivals, he still showing him as just a verbal?

We out-recruit them, they out-coach us.
I don't agree at all with that statement. I mean 2 years ago WKU upset us on an off day. This year they had the best team they have ever had and beat us out right. Let's wait a few years and see if wku can put together more than one miracle season with their once in a lifetime QB. If they can then maybe then I will concur.At the moment I think we have the best HC and staff in C-USA. I think it is about time some of you give Doc credit for what he has done here. The past 3 years we have won 10 or more games. The next few years it is realistic to conclude we will continue this trend. Let MTSU and WKU or Ohio string together more than an occasional good season or a win over us before we hand them the keys to the city I say.

Reactions: Herdcane3
Hope you're right, Ohio. WKU getting QB's transferring in, they play with a ton of emotion against us...we don't seem to match their zeal to win. MTSU seems to make it personal against us with 2 wins out of our 3 10-win seasons. And, thank God we don't have to go to Athens for a few years... Going there never seems to end well.

These are the teams we need to start handling every year. Our success can't only be measured because we whip up on the conference cupcakes. Biggest challenge in conference this year will probably be @ USM.

I don't think Doc is a bad coach by any stretch but there are times when he gets outcoached badly (Solich) and I'm always nervous when we play a team with comparable talent.

Doc is an A+ recruiter and motivator. That helps offset being an average coach.

I don't think Doc is a bad coach by any stretch but there are times when he gets outcoached badly (Solich) and I'm always nervous when we play a team with comparable talent.

Doc is an A+ recruiter and motivator. That helps offset being an average coach.
Let me say up front I like Solich. I live in Athens and have talked to him on several occasions. Great coach and even better guy.So in 11 years he has a record of 80-61 in Athens. He has no conference titles and no Top 25 finishes.Frank is 2-5 in bowls. Doc has been in Huntington now for 6 seasons. Doc is now 50-28.He has 1 Top 25 finish and 1 conference title. Doc is 4-0 in bowls. My point is this, I refuse to say that Doc is a second rate coach when compared to coaches like Solich because he is 2-4 in head to head match ups. He is preforming better than Frank and fast forward 5 years and his accomplishments on the field will surely surpass those of Frank.

Reactions: BT4373
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT