ADVERTISEMENT

10 game schedule complete*

I don't think the Herd is allowed to go to Chapel Hill and play against North Carolina. I believe the ACC's guidelines forbids OOC games against a non in-state program.

Marshall is likely to end up with a 6 or 7 game regular season. It's still better than no season at all.
[/QUOTE

You can play a non in-state program I just believe you have to play it as a home game. Pitt just played Austin Peay. Miami just played UAB. Notre Dame is playing South Florida this Weekend, so it’s possible, but we would just have to travel to Chapel Hill.

Last edited:
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
LSU says most of its players have already had the virus. That would have been the most effective way to get sports back--just let the players get it early and be ready for the season. Sweden has practiced this approach and it seems to be working for their society. Trying to protect young, healthy people from the virus has proved to be very challenging. And the damage done by the virus to young people appears to be minimal, no worse than the flu. The vaccine should eliminate the fear and concern about playing sports in America. It is due very soon, according to all reports. Meanwhile, let's just enjoy what is available.

Yeah, until heart complications begin popping up because...football.
Its easy to just throw people in front of something when you don't need to yourself.
You also failed to mention the elderly, you know, the very influential people in said athletes' lives, the ones who step up and raise a good portion of the whole young population because the parents are strung out on drugs.
Give this virus enough youthful bodies to reside in, it'll mutate.

Reactions: caliherd
It's not an opinion, its a logistical reality. You have to manufacture and distribute 330,000,000 doses of it, across the geography of the entire United States. They could approve a vaccine today and it would still be months before we could distribute it.
The distribution would be a logistical nightmare. It will be a while. My brother in law works for Astra Zeneca and they are close but even then the general public will last in line for a vaccine.

Reactions: herdalicious
The distribution would be a logistical nightmare. It will be a while. My brother in law works for Astra Zeneca and they are close but even then the general public will last in line for a vaccine.
Why isn’t anyone realizing that PotUS is going to use the military to mass distribute and inoculate, while acknowledging that the Army knows a little bit about logistics?

Mich - dummy me didn't even remember that. Thanks

Wait a sec, guys. I believe the ACC stated NO OOC games could be played OUT OF STATE. Doesn't matter from what State the opponent comes. To wit, ACC rule wouldn't allow Pitt to play MU at the JOAN, since it is not in PENNSYLVANIA.

Yet last week Pitt played an OOC game with Austin Peay, a team from Tennessee. No problem there for the ACC because the game was played in Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania).

Wait a sec, guys. I believe the ACC stated NO OOC games could be played OUT OF STATE. Doesn't matter from what State the opponent comes. To wit, ACC rule wouldn't allow Pitt to play MU at the JOAN, since it is not in PENNSYLVANIA.

Yet last week Pitt played an OOC game with Austin Peay, a team from Tennessee. No problem there for the ACC because the game was played in Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania).
olde - as stated above - it’s ok for us to travel to Chapel Hill. The restriction, it seems, is it has to be a home game...for UNC.

To be exact, the ACC guidelines DO NOT FORBID "games against a non in-state program". ACC teams can play OOC games against teams from WV, TN, Hawaii, wherever. But these games have to be played IN the ACC state, North Carolina in this case. Pittsburgh could have played Marshall, an out of state team, this season but ONLY if the game was at Pitt and not in Huntington!

The vaccine will get to high priority people first, perhaps 30 percent of the population. Why could sports participants not be part of that 30 percent, along with first responders and those with compromised systems. There will be sufficient doses provided early on based on what Big Pharma is saying. But the bigger issue is how to determine what freedoms come from having had the vaccine. Do we have to prove we have had the vaccine to get into a restaurant without a mask? Crazy times we live in.

Why isn’t anyone realizing that PotUS is going to use the military to mass distribute and inoculate, while acknowledging that the Army knows a little bit about logistics?
The issue is not just the distribution, but the manufacture. They cannot start mass production until they have an approved formula. At that point, production will start and the doses will be available in waves, not 330,000,000 all at once.

Health care workers and people in nursing homes will probably go first, and then the rest of us will get our dose when the lottery chooses the first letter of our last name (or some similar metric). This will take about 6-8 months, no matter how extensive the mechanism for distribution is.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
The issue is not just the distribution, but the manufacture. They cannot start mass production until they have an approved formula. At that point, production will start and the doses will be available in waves, not 330,000,000 all at once.

Health care workers and people in nursing homes will probably go first, and then the rest of us will get our dose when the lottery chooses the first letter of our last name (or some similar metric). This will take about 6-8 months, no matter how extensive the mechanism for distribution is.
BUT - the other part - the distribution - will be delivered to 1000’s of locations MUCH faster by a organization with the equipment, logistical expertise and manpower of the #USArmy than any other group, bar none....

BUT - the other part - the distribution - will be delivered to 1000’s of locations MUCH faster by a organization with the equipment, logistical expertise and manpower of the #USArmy than any other group, bar none....

Ehh, you're worrying about the wrong thing. If people just gulped some hydroxychloroquine, injected themselves with Lysol, or shoved a light up their ass, they wouldn't need any vaccine.

Sure, but I guess another way to put it is the delivery guy at Dominos can drive 100mph, it still takes 15 minutes to cook the pizza, and a hell of a lot longer to cook 330,000,000 pizzas.

Reactions: RhinoD
Ehh, you're worrying about the wrong thing. If people just gulped some hydroxychloroquine, injected themselves with Lysol, or shoved a light up their ass, they wouldn't need any vaccine.
you are trying to hard. don't force it. you are better than this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT