ADVERTISEMENT

MU PRESS RELEASE 12 Newcomers Added to 2024-25 Herd Baseball Roster

Chris McLaughlin

Grammar Snob
Staff
Feb 14, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
marshall.rivals.com
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. – Marshall University Baseball Head Coach Greg Beals announced the addition of 12 new members for the 2024-25 roster on Friday, bringing the total newcomers to 25 after announcing 13 freshmen in November. The 12 new additions to the roster are six student-athletes out of the transfer portal (Blaine Albright, Tim Baird, Fenix DiGiacomo, Jackson Halter, Maika Niu, Nolan Wilson). five Junior College prospects (Brandon Brunette, Jack DeDonato, Joel Gardner, Tyler Kamerer, Luke Proehl) and one freshman (Patrick Mazur).

”I am very excited about this group as a whole,” Beals said. “Under the direction of our recruiting coordinator, Tim Donnelly, we have met the needs of the program and brought to Marshall University a group that will drive us in a direction of excellence both on and off the field. As you may know, we had a very large senior class last year. Taking care of last year’s senior class also provided us with this opportunity to bring in a large recruiting class. This recruiting class is our first full class, recruited with the reality of Jack Cook Field and The Alex Lawrence Clubhouse, the first-class facilities that we now call home.”

Blaine Albright

“A physical left-handed pitcher that I have recruited before. Blaine comes to us from Indiana University, he brings physicality and pitch ability to our pitching staff. I look forward to seeing his player development.”

Tim Baird

“We scored Tim in the transfer portal from Ohio State. Tim and I have spent time together before and I am excited that he is healthy, and we have this opportunity to chase the high ceiling that we know is in there.”

Brandon Brunette

“Brandon is a very tall RHP who brings very unique qualities to our program. I believe that we are just now tapping into his big future. His angle and repertoire differentiate him and greatly complement our pitching staff.”

Jack DeDonato

“Jack is a physical, left-handed pitcher with a history of success. We greatly need to create more right–left balance on our pitching staff, we get that and more with Jack.”

Fenix DiGiacomo

“Fenix is a proven weekend rotation pitcher. He comes to us from Presbyterian College. I am excited for him to learn and grow in our program while he obviously provides experience and dependability to our pitching staff.”

Joel Gardner

“Joel is a local guy, and I want to win the recruiting battles in our backyard. He brings a left-handed bat, and a high-end, hand-eye skill set that I enjoy coaching.”

Jackson Halter

“Jackson is a player’s player. A no non-sense competitor that brings it every day. His left-handed bat and athleticism in the outfield will make an immediate impact in our line-up and program.”

Tyler Kamerer

“Tyler is a throw-back – he brings a work ethic and toughness that is hard to find. His ability to defend and compete will make an immediate impact”

Patrick Mazur

“Patrick is very athletic with high-end potential. His player development is going to be a fun process.”

Maika Niu

“Maika is an elite athlete who moves at high end speed. Increasing his consistency is the next level of his player development. His skill set will make an immediate impact.”

Luke Proehl

“Like is right-handed pitcher with swing and miss stuff. Coming off a great junior college season, we are excited to see the impact he can make to our pitching staff. He has the potential to be a difference maker.”

Nolan Wilson

“With the departure of Owen Ayers, the catching position was very critical to us. Throughout the recruiting process, Nolan clearly became our number one prospect. A proven hitter, Nolan is going to complement our program while he grows and prospers is our culture.”

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT