ADVERTISEMENT

13-1 conference and bowl champions

Herd Fever

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 25, 2008
If your arguing against that, you are a sad individual. How many other G5 teams can brag about that? How many can brag about 20 all-conference players OPOY, DPOY, and COY.? How many can brag about their team breaking numerous team and conference records this year?

Every team gets 85 scholarships to give out and the same timeframe to improve their team from losers to winners. People tend to forget we are one of the smallest schools in 1A ball and one of if not the smallest public university. Marshall is located in a state with about 1-5 D1A scholarship players each year. We also have one of the lowest athletic budgets to work with. If anything we are one of the most disadvantaged programs in the country to have a consistent winner. We have one of the highest home field advantages in the country so teams are very reluctant to play us at home. And let's not forget we are a program that's surrounded by 5 states with dominate p5 programs so that hurts our fanbase

Our recruiting base of Georgia and Florida are some of the highest recruited states in the country where we not only have to battle home P5 and G5 schools but other P5 and G5 schools from around the country as well as JUCO schools for our props.

Seriously what else do you want? I'm damn proud how successful the entire Athletic Department has been with the circumstances handed to us. I mean we can be Eastern Michigan or Troy and enjoy no success, no championships, no bowl games, no TV coverage, nothing just a school that pimps itself for blow outs every year.

We are champs of CUSA and the MAC. If that is what your goal is then be happy. That is as low as it gets for a champ of D1 football.

I mean we can move to a conference a 1000 miles away and struggle to win 7 games a year with no chance to win a conference championship. Maybe then some "fans" would respect us

Do I wish we was in the AAC, yes because I think we would win that conference as well. But FBS is FBS in my eyes and we are 12-1 against FBS teams this year. Outside of maybe the top 15 schools this year, we could play with anyone when we are fully healthy

herdfever you just proved my point. You said we could move to another conference and win 7 games (if we were lucky) and fans would be unhappy. My point is we are not bigtime. We are small time and dominating at it. If that is what you want fine. But that is what we are small time playing smalltime teams. FACT!!!!!!

Bottom line:
Only ONE TEAM in the nation has as many wins as we do. Only TWO teams in the nation (after the championship game) can have as good a 2014 record as we already have in the bank.
Having the second best record in all of D-1 football is quite an accomplishment -- no matter whom you play.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We Are Marshall
We Are Champions

We Are All of us very proud of this highly successful 2014 football team. Thanks to all our seniors. Now go make us even prouder of you as you represent Marshall as Alumni

The only hung small time is Greenherdman. We can't help how good conf opponents are and we don't have the luxury of scheduling a couple. Years out like the big schools do. Unfortunately the system is stacked against mid majors when it comes to scheduling. Enjoy the year or be bitter like extrgreenherdman. Hopefully xenu helps him enjoy some things in life.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Herd Fever:
I mean we can always be Louisiana-Monroe
No, Marshall can't. You see, ULM doesn't hide from the best teams (or P5).

This year, monroe played wake forest, LSU, Texas A&M, and Kentucky.
Last year, they played Oklahoma, wake forest, and Baylor.
Two years ago, they played Arkansas, auburn, and Baylor.

They are 3-7 in those 10 games. They have two wins against wake and a win over then #8 Arkansas. Included in those losses is an OT game to auburn and a 5 point loss to Baylor.

Monroe has three P5 wins in the last three seasons.
Marshall has four P5 wins since they moved up to 1-A ball.

When was the last time ULM was conference champions??

When was the last time they went to a bowl game??? Even won a bowl game

When was the last time they even averaged 20k for a season??

I can keep going

When was the last time they finished with a winning record??

When was the last time they won 10 games in a season at the FBS level??? Did they even win 10 games at the FCS level??

And congrats to them beating probably the worst P5 school and a vastly overrated Arkansas team that I think won 3 games that season

They've won as many conference championships as Marshall has in the last ten years.

The point, which went over your head as always, is that they aren't afraid to schedule and play the big boys.

Rifle, just for the record, Marshall has 6 wins( nothing to brag about) over P5 schools since moving up.
South Carolina, Clemson, Temple (before being kicked out of BE), Kansas State, Louisville and Maryland.

Originally posted by ohio herd:
Rifle, just for the record, Marshall has 6 wins( nothing to brag about) over P5 schools since moving up.
South Carolina, Clemson, Temple (before being kicked out of BE), Kansas State, Louisville and Maryland.
Louisville wasn't a P5 team.

Louisville was a BCS opponent when we beat them, the fact a few years later it dropped to p5 would only be diminished by those trying to bash the win. They were considered a power team from a power conference when we beat them.

Originally posted by Herd4ever07:
Louisville was a BCS opponent when we beat them, the fact a few years later it dropped to p5 would only be diminished by those trying to bash the win. They were considered a power team from a power conference when we beat them.
You're right. I thought they had dropped by then.

Rifle it was a P5 . The BE was still a AQ conference just get over it I am right on this one!

So Marshall is supposed to give up home games to play P5 teams on the road with 1 and dones.

How many of the those P5 games did ULM play at home... without research I'm guessing none. None. Because they would rather pimp themselves out for the money bc they don't draw well enough at home.

Marshall isn't in that situation and Hamrick has made it clear that he's not going to sell out our fans and home schedule to get P5 games. He's going for 1-1 or at worst 2-1's if justified.

I'm just wondering how Greenherdsmen would do the scheduling if he were AD. Play every OOC game on the road vs P5's...
Financial nightmare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT