ADVERTISEMENT

Guess it’s back to 1 AA/FCS soon enough.

WV_Celt

Silver Buffalo
Jul 27, 2014
Barboursville
“Division I”

So many fans of G5 schools saw this coming. Some of the lesser P5 schools better get ready to be left behind as well. In college athletics, there are clearly the Have’s, the “Have’s”, and the Have Not’s.

Pretty much what we will become any way. Wouldn't bother me. We were never going to the Access any way. Pipe dream.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I you read up on this, it is WAY bigger than just forcing the G5 into I-AA. There is no way half of the "power 4" can afford this. This is what ESPN, the focus of evil in the sports world, has wanted and been manipulating things to create. A AAA Football of about 40 teams (none of which, BTW will be called WVU, UK, or VPI) who play each other and not the bottom feeder in their former conferences. "Big" matchups, every week.

It is a terrible idea. As are most ideas from Disney in the last 40 years. 40 or so teams in AAA NFL, and everyone else in some second division no one cares about. One winner and everyone else is a POS. Little Super Bowl probably gets played the Saturday before the real one, leaving about 4 weeks for basketball to be noticed.

And, as to MU, we would still be on the small side of the second division.

I you read up on this, it is WAY bigger than just forcing the G5 into I-AA. There is no way half of the "power 4" can afford this. This is what ESPN, the focus of evil in the sports world, has wanted and been manipulating things to create. A AAA Football of about 40 teams (none of which, BTW will be called WVU, UK, or VPI) who play each other and not the bottom feeder in their former conferences. "Big" matchups, every week.

It is a terrible idea. As are most ideas from Disney in the last 40 years. 40 or so teams in AAA NFL, and everyone else in some second division no one cares about. One winner and everyone else is a POS. Little Super Bowl probably gets played the Saturday before the real one, leaving about 4 weeks for basketball to be noticed.

This ^

The day is coming where the top 48 teams play in the SEC/BIG10 under some new marketing/division name...The other 90 current FBS teams stay in FBS (second division) and form 5 leagues with 16 teams each... FCS stays FCS (third division).

The power brokers are currently working on how to get teams like Florida State, Clemson, UNC into the two "big leagues" while forcing out the Vandy's and Purdue's of the world, to create a 48-team super division that pays like the NFL and plays on Saturdays.

Reactions: The Real SamC

That's what I was thinking. You may have the Elite 12-24 that's about it. I doon't think there is any way this would stand up to any sort of anti-monopoly laws.

It won’t start as legit 1AA/FCS, but it will devolve into basically that. There won’t be TV coverage for anything that isn’t SEC(it’ll end up stretching coast to coast), BIG 27(also coast to coast), and whatever the Big “12” and ACC(because nothing says Atlantic Coast like northern California) merge to become.

It won’t start as legit 1AA/FCS, but it will devolve into basically that. There won’t be TV coverage for anything that isn’t SEC(it’ll end up stretching coast to coast), BIG 27(also coast to coast), and whatever the Big “12” and ACC(because nothing says Atlantic Coast like northern California) merge to become.
I thought the Big 27 was going to be the result of the Big 10 and Big 12 merging, but realized that would be 7 teams shy (2024).

This ^

The day is coming where the top 48 teams play in the SEC/BIG10 under some new marketing/division name...The other 90 current FBS teams stay in FBS (second division) and form 5 leagues with 16 teams each... FCS stays FCS (third division).

The power brokers are currently working on how to get teams like Florida State, Clemson, UNC into the two "big leagues" while forcing out the Vandy's and Purdue's of the world, to create a 48-team super division that pays like the NFL and plays on Saturdays.

You'd be surprised at the schools like Vandy or Purdue, their resources reach far beyond what you may think.
Plenty of "lower tier" schools could significantly outspend the likes of Clemson and Alabama.
They just choose not to. There hasn't been a need to, yet.

I think this will all eventually come crashing down for the P5.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised at the schools like Vandy or Purdue, their resources reach far beyond what you may think.
Plenty of "lower tier" schools could significantly outspend the likes of Clemson and Alabama.
They just choose not to. There hasn't been a need to, yet.

I think this will all eventually come crashing down for the P5.
Wouldn't be surprised at all. Vandy has a 10 billion endowment. Purdue 3 billion. Alabama and Clemson around 1 billion. Difference is Clemson and Alabama football programs are pretty much self sustainable. Simple math, stadium sizes, average ticket prices, etc....Bama and Clemson really don't need to reach into their resources.

Since it is apt to happen anyway, this a way it might unfold in my opinion:

Tier 1: About 50 schools. Wild wild west. Pay what you want. No limits.
Tier 2: About 50 schools. Mandated football and basketball budget/athletic budget. Mandated minimum and maximum payroll. They have their own playoff and bowl system.
Tier 3: All schools that wish to participate in FBS but are unable to meet the minimum requirements. They will also have their own playoff and bowl system.

Players who enter the NFL draft but are not selected may matriculate to the college of their choice. Players who have eligibility remaining even after an NFL or other professional career may return to college to fulfill their eligibility.

Not matter where or who Marshall is playing, I'll get my tickets and be at the games.

Reactions: ru4_mu2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT