ADVERTISEMENT

$185.3 million for 3 Texas High School football stadiums

The stadium, the city of Allen, TX built a few years ago, is the nicest football facility I have ever visit. The locals (190,000) fill it too. TEXAS high school football is serious business.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Maybe the state of WV should emulate every other state below it and become a right to work state too?

Crazy concept but businesses do not prefer to have to deal with unions and picket lines.

Funny how we see all this infrastructure investment in states that unions says don't protect their workers rights.

Oh geesh what do I know ? I mean WV is the only state with negative population growth besides Alaska.

Just a few located here in right to work South Carolina.

Mercedes
BMW
Striet Group ( Armored Cars)
General Dynamics - tanks , light armored vehicles , MRAP's http://www.gdls.com/products.php
Volvo
Link is to the offshoot companies due to the automotive industry
http://www.scautoindustry.com/about/automotive-manufacturing-companies

Michelin North America - North American Headquarters in addition to making Michelin tires in South Carolina.

Boeing Aircraft

Just a few of the larger as well as well known companies that have located in South Carolina over the years due primarily to the lack of unions.

The stadium, the city of Allen, TX built a few years ago, is the nicest football facility I have ever visit. The locals (190,000) fill it too. TEXAS high school football is serious business.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Well it was so nice, it was condemned after like, 1 or 2 seasons. Somebody went cheap on the concrete quality and it was no longer safe.

If they have that much expendable income? Good for them.

Maybe the state of WV should emulate every other state below it and become a right to work state too?

Crazy concept but businesses do not prefer to have to deal with unions and picket lines.

Funny how we see all this infrastructure investment in states that unions says don't protect their workers rights.

Oh geesh what do I know ? I mean WV is the only state with negative population growth besides Alaska.

WV Legislature passed Right to Work legislation this year and then had to override the governor's veto to make it law.

The labor unions are already planning to file suit to overturn the bill.

Son went to HS in a town of about 16000 people we have a football stadium that has seats for 11000. Every game in his 4 years in HS was a sell out. If I remember right the bond to rebuild the seating and the new turf was around 15 mil.

sorry to say but I find that to be too much for my taste. Not against a HS having a nice place but that is way too much IMO

If Marshall was in a smaller town outside the major centers in TX would fill up a 35k stadium for every game(as long as they were not playing when UT or A&M was playing). football is king here. I coached LL flag football when my son was young. 10 to 12 kids per team. would have a couple hundred people at the games. Some youth tackle draws 500+ per game. 4 games on sat morning puts 2000+ there. Football is so serious here, the youth tackle teams have members of coaching staff go to opponents games to scout those teams. The 2 youth tackle teams here in my little 16000 person town play in the JR high stadium that seats about 4 or 5000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT