Feb 26, 2002
Beckley, WV
May 6, 2015

2016 Ohio QB Impressed By Marshall

Josh Stowers
HerdNation.com Staff

ELIJAHCUNNINGHAM200_11292013.JPG
spacer1.gif

Names like Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich, and Rakeem Cato are legends in or around Huntington so it should be no shock that high school quarterbacks are interested in playing for Coach Doc Holliday.

One player that is very interested in what Marshall has to offer is Elijah Cunningham of Springboro, Ohio.

Cunningham, an unranked quarterback by Rivals.com, visited Marshall University at the end of April and came away impressed by what he saw. "It was a great visit. It definitely opened my eyes to what Marshall has to offer. I loved talking to the coaching staff and could see myself playing there," Cunningham said.

During Cunningham's visit he spent much of his time at Marshall's practice on the Thursday before the Green and White Game. "I toured the campus and facilities, but mostly just hung out at practice," Cunningham said.

"Talking to Coach (Bill) Legg was my favorite part of the visit. It's important for a quarterback to have a great relationship with is position coach and the offensive coordinator and Coach Legg is both. I feel like we have a great relationship already," Cunningham added...

2016 Ohio QB Impressed By Marshall

That means very little honestly.

Chad Pennington wasn't ranked, or at least wasn't highly rated.

Plenty of small school guys get drafted each year, some of them were not ranked either.

Not saying this guy is our future QB, just saying that I would not let ranking, or lack of a ranking be the determining factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT