RIVALS 2019 WV State Rankings

Chris McLaughlin

Grammar Snob
Staff
Feb 14, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
marshall.rivals.com
https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2019/west_virginia

No surprise but Darnell Wright is the top ranked player in the state for 2019. What is a little surprising is that he's the #1 OT in the entire country and the 5th ranked player overall. Pretty impressive.

Marshall has offers out to Wright, #2 Doug Nestor (committed to Ohio State), #3 Amir Richardson & #4 Max Howell.

Current Herd commit Grant Wells did not make the top five.

Do you have this same list for basketball?

Reactions: PullmanFinger
Most of these are from Prep which i don’t count. They’re not native nor do they play teams from here or have desire to play college Bball here.

The others are interesting though. How heavy did we recruit the kid from Beckley

Most of these are from Prep which i don’t count. They’re not native nor do they play teams from here or have desire to play college Bball here.

The others are interesting though. How heavy did we recruit the kid from Beckley

We recruited Moore but never offered. Coaches were all in on Cam Brooks.

Moore's recruitment blew up after we showed interest, though. So I'm not sure it would have mattered if we had offered.

Wells is actually going to be preferred walk-on w Promise scholarship. They are letting the appearance of an actual scholarship go down.

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about!! Wells was offered a scholarship after his Freshman year. From what I know they have been recruiting him very hard since then. Talking with his family he fell in love with the coaching staff and decided to commit. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more offers. Its still very early for the 2019 QB class to be getting offers.

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about!! Wells was offered a scholarship after his Freshman year. From what I know they have been recruiting him very hard since then. Talking with his family he fell in love with the coaching staff and decided to commit. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more offers. Its still very early for the 2019 QB class to be getting offers.
Grant just seems small for a QB, 6-1, 175 ish

Chance Moore has relocated to Sunrise closer to Wichita, but garnered all of this interest at Beckley Prep. Was actually recruited by Donnie Jones at Wichita, interesting tidbit.

You will see some local WV kids reclassify after next year and garner D1 interest at that point in addition to the ones you mentioned above. Plenty of local talent with D2 interest in the 2019 class right now, will grow from there

Grant just seems small for a QB, 6-1, 175 ish
MU had a great one that was smaller than that coming out of HS. The measureables crap means nothing at this point because he still has 2 years to develop physically before he would potentially even see the field at MU.

MU had a great one that was smaller than that coming out of HS. The measureables crap means nothing at this point because he still has 2 years to develop physically before he would potentially even see the field at MU.

According to sources Grant is now 6’2 192. He could easily put on another 10-15 lbs and not hurt his speed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT