ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops - Early Observations

bigoherd2

Silver Buffalo
Dec 31, 2006
Look for Sarenac to take Beyer’s minutes. The former is playing well on both ends. The latter continues to play completely out of control. Sarenac has to be our early season “pleasant surprise” player.

George is the quintessential “glue guy”. Rebounds, defends, scores when necessary. Seems more explosive this year.

Early seems to have fallen out of the top ten in terms of our rotation.

Fricks looks like his lost practice time due to injury has him playing out of sync. Redshirt year seems likely.

Obinna AK has matured and really looks active around the basket on both ends. I still cringe a bit when he shoots his jumper though. Maybe continued reps will help with that, but he makes out team better when he is in the floor.

Goran has really developed an outside shot. Can he develop a little mean streak and play with just a smidge more intensity? If so, watch out!

Toussant does not play like a freshman. Will help us this year.

McKey and Braun do (play like freshmen). Not a knock…just need more time.

Taylor is in complete command of our team. Leader. Player.

Kinsey picks his spots and defers but I am sure, just like we saw towards the end of the Wright State game, when it really matters most, he will take over.

My starting 5 (as of today):
Taylor, Kinsey, Goran, OAK and George

First subs: Sarenac, Toussant and I still believes in Early. If BOTH Taylor and Kinsey are out (which will be rare), then Braun has to play point.

Still finding their way: McKey and Fricks

Beyers is the great unknown. D’Antoni benched him (and Williams) last year. It seemed to pay off as Beyers played better when he came back out of the doghouse. Not sure why a 5th year senior would need to be told over and over to make the easy, in control play and quit turning it over. Head scratcher. Talented offensively no doubt, but in a tight game, what does D’Antoni do? Still TBD.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News