ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Commit Article

Jun 3, 2021
Some of you may have see me post on Premium board. I'm Trent's uncle and just wanted to share. This was copied from the Post-Gazette in Pittsburgh today.

Fraley to Marshall

Every time Trent Fraley visited a college, the same thought went through his head.

“It seemed like everywhere I went, I was comparing it to Marshall,” Fraley said. “In my head, if I’m doing that, why wouldn’t I just go to Marshall?”

So, Fraley has decided to do just that. Fraley (6-2, 290), who will be a senior offensive tackle at Moon this fall, picked Marshall a few weeks after the Thundering Herd extended him an offer.

Marshall was the only FBS school to offer, but several others were showing interest. Fraley, a two-year starter who was an all-conference pick his junior season, also had FCS offers from Robert Morris and Saint Francis, and a Division II offer from Slippery Rock.

Fraley has been training with his dad in Michigan for the past few weeks. His dad, Hank, played in the NFL for 11 seasons — he won a Super Bowl ring with the Philadelphia Eagles — and is entering his third season as offensive line coach for the Detroit Lions. Hank’s alma mater, Robert Morris, was the first school to offer Trent.

“I’ve been doing my own workout program and then doing field work with my dad on the side,” said Trent, also a terrific student who holds a 3.86 GPA.

Congratulations to your Nephew and welcome to the HERD!
Thanks looking forward to coming down for games. I told the other board I grew up a Pitt fan so Marshall is the next best option for me to continue to root against WVU. haha

Thanks all, not sure what is going on I can't reply to anyone's posts, but I am allowed to edit this post. Just states (You have insufficient privileges to reply here)?

Herdalicious - Must have been another OL from the area. He didn't make it down to Marshall until June.

Ohio Herd - Yeah hopefully Marshall can get some headway into W PA.

Last edited:
Did you know if your sister and Trent were at the Spring Game? I think I met them - the mom of an O-Lineman from Pittsburgh area, and she asked me about Huntington and Marshall. I tried to get her the best unvarnished version of things, and they were super nice and appreciative.

If it wasn't them, then forget those people I'm glad your nephew got his spot. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Bayou Boiler
hope he does as well as the last OL we had from the Pittsburg area. Steve Schullo ended up playing for the Colts. Wish we recruited that area more there are plenty of good hard nosed players

Last edited:
Some of you may have see me post on Premium board. I'm Trent's uncle and just wanted to share. This was copied from the Post-Gazette in Pittsburgh today.

Fraley to Marshall

Every time Trent Fraley visited a college, the same thought went through his head.

“It seemed like everywhere I went, I was comparing it to Marshall,” Fraley said. “In my head, if I’m doing that, why wouldn’t I just go to Marshall?”

So, Fraley has decided to do just that. Fraley (6-2, 290), who will be a senior offensive tackle at Moon this fall, picked Marshall a few weeks after the Thundering Herd extended him an offer.

Marshall was the only FBS school to offer, but several others were showing interest. Fraley, a two-year starter who was an all-conference pick his junior season, also had FCS offers from Robert Morris and Saint Francis, and a Division II offer from Slippery Rock.

Fraley has been training with his dad in Michigan for the past few weeks. His dad, Hank, played in the NFL for 11 seasons — he won a Super Bowl ring with the Philadelphia Eagles — and is entering his third season as offensive line coach for the Detroit Lions. Hank’s alma mater, Robert Morris, was the first school to offer Trent.

“I’ve been doing my own workout program and then doing field work with my dad on the side,” said Trent, also a terrific student who holds a 3.86 GPA.
Great to see MU getting a player from the Keyatone state. I love having tough smart Pa kids on the oline. Congrats

Thanks looking forward to coming down for games. I told the other board I grew up a Pitt fan so Marshall is the next best option for me to continue to root against WVU. haha
My dad graduated from Pitt and is a big Pitt booster... I obviously graduated from Marshall and am a MU supporter... The mutual distain for WVU has always been good for a tailgate laugh or two.

Tell your nephew welcome to the Herd, and stop by for a pregame beer or two when you make it to Huntington.

This actually answers a lot of questions for me why we offered this kid.

Offensive line is as just mental as physical, and he has a great pedigree. Doubt he could have a much better teacher until he gets here then a current NFL offensive line coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT